Why death is considered to be darkness?

Does anyone here understand the logic behind this? I know that sun is the giver of life. So is death the complete opposite of life?

Is part of the cycle of life itself, there is nothing we understand outside such cycle.

As for why death is considered darkness is because the closest thing we understand is being unconscious, lacking any sort of sensory input.

1 Like

Actually go on a walk, and find a sprout. Something a few inches tall, which uses the soil as nourishment. Where do the nutrients of that soil come from? From death, decay, and rot. This is literal, not poetic, abstract or astral. The process of decay and death (an animal corpse) breaks down into fundamental components (chemicals). These components provide the ingredients for “life” (as a sprout) to arise. Life literally depends upon death, and visa versa. The positive pole of a battery is dependent upon the negative pole of the battery.

I agree with ReyCuervo. So much of existences (plural), don’t really give a fuck about our five senses or time-space orientation. To me, Darkness = that-which-doesn’t-use-the-five-senses. It’s more of a title, instead of a being.

3 Likes

It’s just cultural, as far as I can tell. In India and West Africa, the color if death is white, and the color of life is black. Each culture will justify that any way they like, it’s a fictional association, so they’ll just make up whatever works for them.

Personally, I consider death a transition. As such, there is no death, it’s kind of fake, and changing to a different form of life is not an opposite. I don’t think of getting in my car to go the the store, which is also a transition, to be “coloured”, so I don’t consider death to have a colour either.

It’ll also kill you. Meanwhile, are you forgetting that inside the womb that actually brings you to life it’s dark?

You need both, really. People will cherry pick whatever they want to think whether it’s logical and consistent or a well rounded theory. or not.
Each culture has its reasons, if it works for you, I say use it, if not, don’t worry about it.

1 Like

Same with Chinese culture! White is associated with death