Why Darkness is Positive

This is in response to @WiseManEcho’s post on another thread. Didn’t want to derail the OP, so I am making this it’s own thread. The essential argument made in that post was that the dark will and I quote verbatim “devolve you, cloud your mind and judgement and spiritually confine you into a prison of your own making. its side effects are cursing the world, drowning in fear and lashing out at everything and everyone just to feel as if you have control over everything”. Firstly, the darkness does not devolve anyone. It is in fact a force of growth. It is the acausal if you will just to borrow a term from the ONA (this is not an endorsement of said group. I have long given up on being part of that debate). That which was before creation. From that state before creation the practitioner is transformed into something more. “a point of acausal stillness in a sea of causal dross” to quote Codex Aristarchus.

Secondly, the darkness when approach correctly DOES NOT cloud your mind and judgement. Fine. Let’s admit it. A lot of people have screwed themselves up on the LHP. In this case I take to Blood, Iron and Sulfur by the Maergzjiran Cabal for an answer. There is a reason that I agree with the fundamental point made in the first article of that anthology which is that the ego must be tempered and a balance reached by feeding the Inner Demon and the Shadow. By all means if you lose control to your ego you will very likely have a hard time finding your way around. However, as the author of that article points out elsewhere, if you can silence your ego, doubts and fears and simply submit to the Path laid out by these Spirits, that can see all from start to finish, then I assure you that even from where I stand near the beginning of this Path that things will change for the better.

Okay, the next point: cursing the world. That is based on a FUNDAMENTAL MISUNDERSTANDING. The point is not to curse the world, and wallow in one’s own misery. It is to make constructive steps towards controlling it. If you are lashing out in fear at everything then you’ve done something wrong. As EA points out the point is not to try and abandon this world but to become Gods within it. To become that singularity. If you reject the world in such a way then you’ve missed the point entirely. As for darkness being a prison. I don’t even know what to say to that. Darkness is an acausal force. It is beyond the prison of causality. I am not “fumbling around in the dark” because with the Powers of Darkness as my guides I know I will not be lost.

13 Likes

Just to clarify: the quoting of any texts is not meant to indicate the endorsement by any group or person of the views in this post. It is simply supporting evidence being cited to support my points as would be done in an academic essay.

4 Likes

Very well explained. This is a shred of LHP wisdom many people miss, though. I think the problem perceived by many regarding darkness is that it is often conflated with a concept of “evil”. There are just way too many LHP practitioners who come off sounding like Dr. Evil tried to write a Dethklok song, so you can see the misconception. Even here you will find more than your fair share of quirky ideas regarding what darkness is in regards to black magick, especially where cursing is concerned.

Too many miss that key point of balance and self exploration and development. It seems like many people ask “how can I curse/retaliate/seek revenge on this guy for doing (x) to me?”. I used to say, in most cases, what can you do to make yourself immune to that individual’s aggressions? Now I don’t bother. People would rather seek the easy road (attacking) than the road less traveled by most magicians (self development which creates natural defenses against the whims of those who could harm you).

So, when you see someone having a misconception as to what darkness is in regards to LHP, we really are to blame. It is idiots within our own ranks that make us look like curse happy emotional cripples who are obsessed with being dark and brutal.

11 Likes

@Woodsman81 As far as curses go this is what my position essentially is:

2 Likes

Right! I heard EA say that the other week and I thought that was solid gold!

3 Likes

rather than radiating light from the self to see where you are headed? ever think you might be being led into a trap? you are too trusting of demons.

wrong. a fish or mammal living in total cave darkness (we have documented cases of this in cave systems around the world) loses the ability to develop eyes in its offspring. this process takes 3 generations of breeding to manifest the deformity and 10 generations in total light to reverse. (of course in the wild they’d be hunted to extinction by then…poor blind fucks)

so you disagree with my point by first proving my point? your debate skills are clearly lacking.

again, trying to disagree with me by agreeing with me… dude you are clearly confused.

a man without a north star will never find his way home.

2 Likes

@WiseManEcho[quote=“WiseManEcho, post:6, topic:20462”]
rather than radiating light from the self to see where you are headed?
[/quote]
It is pure foolishness to think that you will be able to illuminate the world as one starting on the Path. All that does is cast a weak light over the first few steps in front of you. Demons see the entire Path.[quote=“WiseManEcho, post:6, topic:20462”]
wrong. a fish or mammal living in total cave darkness (we have documented cases of this in cave systems around the world) loses the ability to develop eyes in its offspring. this process takes 3 generations of breeding to manifest the deformity and 10 generations in total light to reverse. (of course in the wild they’d be hunted to extinction by then…poor blind fucks)
[/quote]
and bats? [quote=“WiseManEcho, post:6, topic:20462”]
so you disagree with my point by first proving my point? your debate skills are clearly lacking.
[/quote]
And going on to refute it.[quote=“WiseManEcho, post:6, topic:20462”]
again, trying to disagree with me by agreeing with me… dude you are clearly confused.
[/quote]
The point is that you misunderstand the darkness. The darkness is how you achieve what you seek.

2 Likes

its an act of mental weakness to belive you cant! dont limit yourself! AND DONT ADVOCATE YOUR OWN MENTAL WEAKNESS FOR OTHERS TO FOLLOW, THATS YOUR OWN BUISNESS!

they have eyes…they just suck, watch national geographic some time.

that is not an absolute. you lack resolve to see other points of view. i see weakness not strength.

god…the longer i entertain this guy @thestorm the more i realize he dosent know what he’s talking about. this thread is a waste of my time and everyone else’s. ignorance is also a symptom of “fumbling around in the dark”

@thestorm i just want you to know this is the last time i will be acknowledging your existence. why? because you have your blinders on so tightly that you want to remain ignorant and learn nothing.

1 Like

The point was echolocation

1 Like

What if that haoppened to us in reverse, sealing our third eye (psychic senses in general) and leaving us with secondary organs that only perceive certain types of input, gross vibrational waves (ordinary sound) and a limited range of light?

We can’t even see all the same frequencies some animals can.

6 Likes

I would say a lot depends on the definition of darkness, to be honest it is too vague and can mean anything (provided you look at it beyond christian lens) As far as left hand path is concerned I think it is just another tool, a set of entities only found in the LHP which open minded people can use to ascent and get things done but religious bigots detest. Regarding mental health lets say it is the week and dumb ones who suffers not because the LHP is bad but because they ignore basic precautions. And LHP does need someone precautions and preparations. In Hindu mythology many avatars have done sadhana of the so called dark entities and then went out to save the world. Which means they knew how to utilize those beings instead of being overwhelmed by them. As far as cursing is concerned a tool has nothing to do with it, it completely depends on the wielder.

6 Likes

you should come to America sometime @Lady_Eva . the whole country is full of people like that. they put sodium fluoride in the water here. everyone’s 3rd eye is sealed.

2 Likes

Yeah, we have regular pushes to try and extend that across the UK, we have it in some counties, also of course the toothpaste etc, which I avoid, though I do drink tea.

1 Like

it really is a sick process, that shit is LITERALLY NUCLEAR WASTE. do your damnedest to keep it out of the waters over there.

2 Likes

I know it…

This about sums it up:

5 Likes

Well said. To add to it, I personally believe that the LHP requires a lot more of responsibility. The LHP gives you powers over life and death, letting the ego control that leads to nothing but unnecessary destruction. Similar to your theme, the LHP allows the practitioner a means of unhaltered ascent.

4 Likes

Irony at its best.

1 Like

Black magick can make you great or it can destroy you. Dealers choice :wink:

3 Likes

I am working to become Luciferian and practice adversarial magick, spent most of my life as a Chan(Zen) buddhist. A Shaolin Master told me in my youth; Find the way and then find your own way. Darkness is neither positive or negative, the same as the light can be neither. We should not put human scopes of good and evil onto things beyond in such a manner… The sun isn’t good or evil yet it has incedible creative power and equally great destructive power.

9 Likes

This right here! :metal:

2 Likes