Who is Baphomet

I missed the beginning of this epic with all the Baphomet threads but are you saying that it’s possible to evoke one’s shadow?

2 Likes

I think it happens more often then what people realise ( in most cases )

2 Likes

I do wonder though…
Youre speaking about the shadow self and how it can appear as a spirit…
Would this not be along the lines of your higherself…your trueform…godself…i mean…how many names people give to this…
And im just thinking, but thats just your inner Demons and Angels if you want to call it like that.
Am i wrong
Thats why we can actually become Gods, i was speaking about this to someone earlier and its like, some persons have done this so well, that they actually create a very powerful being. Either because they have a very powerful old soul or because they actually developed it. But it is mainly, just you and your soul, speaking to each other. no ?

Yes it’s possible and it happens often. You see this topic come up a lot in books about Luciferian magick.

Yeah I posted my reply in the wrong thread because there’s so many baphomet topics lately. Lol

2 Likes

That’s the goal of working with your shadow self form a Luciferian perspective. To bring the unknown parts of yourself into consciousness and become your true self by transmuting the negative aspects of yourself into desirable qualities.

That’s one way of looking at it.

Yes but then you actually evoke Lucifer and your whole life foundations are shaken and life is not the same anymore =) lol
i think thats the bit missing on a lot of people…

…where they actually summon an external entity.

1 Like

Do you happen to have any recommendations? I’ve just recently opened a new world of English written books for myself. And there are so many that it’s kind of difficult to decide and get the ones I need the most.

1 Like

I’m not going to disagree with you there. I think one of the problems many people have is understanding that there’s more than one way to reach the final goal. I try to understand more than one perspective.

Eh in my experience the shadow self and the higher self are not the same. The shadow self tends to deal with the shit that you refuse to admit, the traumas you don’t want to work through, and things mostly but not entirely from this lifetime. The shadow self can and will put you through shit, to you get to the next level at times, because you refused. The higher self is more like the sum of all parts and lifetimes- to me.

YMMV However, both can be evoked and worked with.

4 Likes

yes but thats where it gets technical and you start losing interest…im not saying you…or me… but…

I will admit, it is easier when an external entity opens your mind and gives you the knowledge to understand these things.

1 Like

Man and his symbols by Carl Jung

And if you’re looking for occult books I’d recommend anything by michael ford.

1 Like

The more questions you find answers to, the more questions ya gonna have so Idk how anyone ever looses interest, there’s always more. :woman_shrugging:t3:

Being able to handle it however, is a different matter. Success isn’t as easy to deal with sometimes as most people think. If you have a logical mind and get blown out of the water by what happens or what you can do, you can find yourself sitting here in interim, knowing you can manifest what you want as you’ve demonstrated you can- but with no idea what you want, you’re no better of than the clueless newbie who at least has direction.

Sorry I think I got off topic, but I’m moody this morning. (Again)

2 Likes

Thirst for knowledge is part of our animal. Coping with it is not.

1 Like

I personally wouldnt consider

any of these the same thing mainly because multiple people can share the same higher self, or some simply don’t have or acknowledge the concept, higher self being the tree and the various people being it’s branches, of course not everyone shares the same higher self but some do.

while true self being your authentic soul self, which can be separate from the concept of higher self in the aforementioned text.

Godself in my opinion is more of a personal ideology where 'everyone is god" which I don’t adhere to besides in the metaphorical sense.

1 Like

Indeed. I’m as bad as a cat, dangle a new toy in front of me and I just have to see what is going to happen.

Doesn’t mean I’m ever prepared for what I see however or what happens.

I’ll let you guys get back to it though, the arguments and tantrums were amusing me lol. (Yes I am a horrible person and never claimed not to be)

1 Like

I think its just different names,different people from different cultures and different teachings see this matter.

Be horrible, why not.
You are in your own right. I personally love a horrible Lady. But thats just me O_O

1 Like

I personally don’t have a higher self, the higher self holds traits that exist outside of the individual, the higher self is said to be the one that has the final say in your spiritual development and exist externally from you but remains connected to you. While the true self is you, you have the final say, the final play by play.

I’d differ it by

higher self being who you’re a fragment of (among some others) and true self being who you are as yourself not a fragment of a larger entity/higher self.

3 Likes

Lol stay how you are, you’re not a coddler and that’s good

2 Likes

Yes you are correct.
we can all see it in many ways, but that is about it more or less…although i just said it the way i did because thats what everyone does pretty much…they call it whatever they want for whatever reasons they believe in it. That done, their belief built on that…
There is our soul and there is us. For those who cannot extend their brains to reach such heights of knowledge. Our brain in itself is an entity, one connected to another entity, the soul.

1 Like