What spirit is great at teaching spiritual & esoteric secrets?

I need a recommendation: which spirit is a great mentor when it comes to spiritual and esoteric knowledge?

Now here’s the tricky part: So, no demons, no lovecraftian, no blighted ones, no norse deities, and no greek gods.

So, maybe a Loa? Or an Egyptian deity? I don’t know surprise me.

For those who are wondering why I excluded the currents I excluded is because I want a new paradigm to explore.

2 Likes

First one that popped in my head was Thoth. Perhaps try him?

6 Likes

I’d give Raziel a shot at it.

2 Likes

Veles, the Slavic god of the dead, wisdom and magick - also of the earth and cattle.

veles

The cattle part is interesting, because initially it was about all possible cattle - think spiritual cattle.

Somewhat of a metaphor for spirituality, I believe, but eventually it got lessened to just earthly cattle.

Since he is a god of cattle, he is also thought to be a god of physical wealth - since cattle was considered a great treasure.

He is also the god of “volhov”, which are basically magickians - they go into deep trances (sometimes donning the furs of bears and wolves, cuz why not) and cast crazy ass spells.

An interesting ritual that might get his attention is leaving some freshly cut (or, yknow, ripped) grass and leaving it on a pressurized wheat field. This was something of a ritual they used to do, as a sign of respect to Veles.

I imagine you would be able to learn something interesting from him. :wink:

4 Likes

Woah, that’s an obscure one. Hmm, interesting! But isn’t Veles another mask for Odin? Like Slavic interpretation of Odin?

2 Likes

Maybe you can try with Mephistopheles. His origin is uncertain, some connect him with Samael.
He’s loyal and can give you more than you expect.

1 Like

Don’t think so. Call him up and find out! :slight_smile:

He’s actually been compared to Loki and Hermes, and even the christian devil.

I imagine because of his “rivalry” with Perun - where Perun is the god of lightning, and Veles is the dragon, the serpent.

2 Likes

Okay so Thoth and Veles are the ones I’ll look into. I welcome any other suggestions, though!

Mephistopheles maybe when I return to demon magic more intensively.

4 Likes

You could try the coyote spirit of the native american traditions, he is known as both trickster and teacher.

There is also the aztec god Tezcatlipoca

4 Likes

Coyote seems interesting. Thanks!

1 Like

Coyote is like me, so that would work well :joy:

2 Likes

Check out Qayin from the Qayinite Tradition if you want to learn some mindfuckery about death.

2 Likes

Egyptian- Toth and Isis

1 Like

Interesting! I’ll look into him as well.

thoth of course

1 Like