What Makes Someone Want To Curse Somebody?

For standing up for what is right. For having a conscience. That is why.

Their is most definitely not a “most high”. The way I understand it there was a war way back when (Read: A war not a one sided purge.) Things happened. The Celestials kind of won. It wasn’t a one sided conflict though, and we are making our way back. Once the planes are bridged once more we will be victorious.

2 Likes

Haha. I kinda understand… basically your saying everything is objective too each person. As in my introduction I’ve felt very close too lucifer or any archtypes pertaining too lightning zeus Thor etc. I kinda wish too see if they are real. But I’ve also read these beings arent real persay but humans feed them their energy and they take conciousness. Although some are very real? It’s all so confusing

1 Like

@Lightninglancer144 Last time round they weren’t even defeated by the Celestials btw. It was infighting that caused our defeat.

2 Likes

I will look into the book!

So once the bridges are reestablished then what?

Also wasn’t EL/chronos/ saturn the head?

1 Like

NOTHING is real (in both meanings of that statement):

4 Likes

Personally, I’ve never encountered such a concept, only the creeping effects of toxic monotheism, I posted a bunch about that here:

3 Likes

@Lightninglancer144 Then the Spirits will walk in flesh once more, and now, finally reunited, we will be victorious.

3 Likes

I really find the majority of the minds here too be astonishing. I’ve never met people like you before. Usually I can tell where the conversations going. This is humbling

1 Like

I’ll have them dead soon, dont worry. Thank you for all the help :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Very well. I read somewhere that it was lucifer and a being named something similar too oroborus but he related too time and they had disagreements

2 Likes

@Lightninglancer144 Not the names I am familiar with. I hope I’ve given you a general idea of my beliefs though.

1 Like

I thank you.

Blessings

3 Likes

There is a spell in Baneful Magick I have picked that I will be using soon. And if that doesn’t work I’ll use the Candle of Decay from the BMoA.

2 Likes

@KingOfHearts616 and until then I will continue feeding.

2 Likes

I would not say that we are not on par with them, just different. I still maintain that power is more of an ephemeral concept than it is a state of being, and an extremely subjective one at that. I am fairly certain that they take physical forms at times; I am not certain that all of them are even aware of that fact, though. If a spirit inhabits a physical form and is not aware that it is anything other than human, is it not subject to the same physical limits as the rest of us? Is it still powerful without actualizing it’s spiritual potential? Does any perspective I could have on the topic as a human even matter without achieving ultimate ascension (it’s hard to think like a dog or a plant or a bug unless you have been one)? As The Storm said, some of these entities were at one time human beings. And this leads me right into the time/perspective/nature of reality/existence mind fuck, lol.

5 Likes

@Lightninglancer144 have you read The Kybalion? I have this link on my clipboard so I’m going to post it, you might find it marries the valid aspects of the Xian concepts you are familiar with, with Left-Hand Path theogenesis and command of infernal legions etc:

It’s REALLY short compared to most books, and if you do take a short time to read this, a lot of seeming contradictions and paradoxes you’ll observe on here will dissolve like morning mists. :thumbsup:

7 Likes

I will most definitely look into this. Thanks!

2 Likes

Very intriguing. I guess what your saying is that could include us as well. Good food for thought indeed.
Thank you

1 Like

It’s useful to look at this question from a historical context. And here, maybe looking at it in the context of witchcraft in the British isles, particularly the Scottish historical context might provide some insight.

During the time of the Scottish witch trials (1590 - 1692 CE), Scottish culture, paritularly in the North East was deeply entrenched in a puritanical, fundamentalist Calvinism (thanks to John Knox). In such a culture power was centred on the landed gentry and the church of Scotland. The Church provided a locus for justice and trials were usually held with ministers both presiding and interrogating the accused. The vast majority of people accused of witchcraft were women of the labourer class. If one was a woman in that culture, accused of a crime, particularly a crime against your social “superiors” (who were often presiding at the trial, or who knew people who were presiding), it was pretty difficult to obtain justice in through conventional means. Women (generally speaking) have a higher degree of verbal fluency then men (Sherwin BB. Estrogen and Cognitive Functioning in Women. Endocrine Reviews. 2003;24(2):133–51. Zaidi ZF. Gender Differences in Human Brain: A Review. The Open Anatomy Journal. 2010;2:37–55.) So they would have relied upon this innate ability to initiate justice on their own terms; using the power of the word to obtain a justice that was otherwise unobtainable.

Therefore, in this context, the curse was used to obtain justice when other more formal and regular avenues for doing so were unavailable and was not done “willy nilly”. It was thus an act of desperation.The desperation of course, providing the emotional fuel that gave the words power.

Emma Wilby’s “The Visions of Isobel Gowdie” gives a good description of the historical conditions surrounding the act of cursing in early modern Scotland.

4 Likes

Because I can. And because I feel like it. The answer is as simple at that. Blowback is only a reality to those who believe in such silliness. If karma was real, as EA put it, we would be living in a different world.

5 Likes