What made You follow the path of Magick?

Since we are all sitting in quarantine, some of us studying, some of us working and some of us doing nothing XD I’ve decided to start a lighter topic for all of You. Why did You decide to practice Magick arts? All answers are welcomed :blue_heart:

2 Likes

I just always had a want to do actual magic somthing so alluring to it. The thought of interacting with spirits was also somthing I wanted to experience considering how old and wise they would be. I just finally got to a point where I was tired of being one of the people that couldn’t see it or feel it when somthing happened and decided to start working on enlightening myself since then have experienced alot of the things I craved but the more I experience these things the more I want to amplify the experiences. And I also follow the path of magic just for the basic benefits that being allighned spiritually bring. I’m still just beginning to experience magic and just want more the concept of power is overwhelming yet I don’t truelly have a reason to be powerful other then to be able to protect and to play in more awesome ways.

5 Likes

From a very early age I had the most vivid dreams imaginable, and a frequent strong sense of déja vu in daily life. It used to really frighten me because I was unable to explain it. The dreams themselves were never frightening because of their content e.g. monsters, trauma etc, but just because they felt so real.

As time went by I stopped being afraid and decided to explore the ability through meditation and self-reflection. This led on to the practice of magick, astral travel etc.

6 Likes

I wanted to be a healer, and love, I wanted to be Eros, but also, so I can make lives better.

2 Likes

That is very commendable.

2 Likes

I followed a tutorial by Grant Morrison, but just because I have only respect for the man. I didn’t believe in magic or anything paranormal. I tried to work with Ganesh and… it worked.

I was baffled, so I decided to research more. Whenever I was looking for something, this forum would pop up. So I joined. I dediced to follow the advice I read and was given because people here knows their stuff.

And he we’re, almost a year later.

7 Likes

I didn’t , an Archangel came to me and I had a rough introduction .

3 Likes

My family and their circle initiated me into a form of dark psychedelic shamanism when I was 12.

It happened after I was chosen by an angel which came to me in a dream and showed me how to reach higher dimensions.

5 Likes

I would see spirits and had deja vu for as long as I remember. I went searching for answers (wish the Internet was viable then) and it didn’t seem to be a large leap from sensing things to causing things to happen.

3 Likes

Thank you, sadly I’m so new, but I’m learning

2 Likes

Oh my, Ganesh is GREAT!!!

I wanted more control over my reality and my favorite thing in life Is gaining wisdom and most valuable wisdom is among the topics of manipulating and understanding the unseen forces and energies that comprise the universe and the physical realm

5 Likes

This is beautiful :blue_heart:

1 Like

Yes, I do too value wisdom trully greatily :heart_eyes: I believe it’s the greatest virtue

1 Like

Yep, to live life without seeking wisdom is to live life within death - Thoth , loool

5 Likes

Since I was a kid, like 12-13 years old I had this urge to practice magick it was like a call. Bought some books of magick, practiced some easy stuff like divinations and dream interpretation…and went on too look into more…i remember doing some meditations but after that I got insomnia, I couldn’t sleep…loads of things happened then I stopped doing it. But now is the right time I guess, I was a child back then…things are changed I think I am ready. :heart::dizzy:

2 Likes

Doubt…this all had to be bullshit, so lets prove it wrong…but something happened…and so I realize I could use this.

Vulnerability. The hatred of being powerless and weak. The need to have a way of breaking things and eliminating targets in such a manner as not to be legally culpable. The immense rage and hatred of being weaker than, but the lack of capacity to overcome such through social means, despite having a physique conducive to surviving combat.

WAR…life is war! I need a weapon, a spiritual one so that I can end a war by bending circumstances. A NEED for power, not a want, a FUCKING NEED…to survive, not be trampled by the shit mountain that is this cursed human race…hatred to my human weakness, my human vulnerability to other fucking humans…war, need for power, need to become stronger, to outlive an entire species and become a god. Apotheosis.

If I cant overcome being human, there will be no home to return to. If I can not grow strong, may they reject me, spit me out, and leave me in agony beyond words…no , not I , will grow strong…will prove my worth and return accomplished…So I need something others dont have…to one up over other humans…dont have it yet…but need to uncover something no one has found…something that will allow me to survive, the war, the famine, pestilence, disease, violence, corruption, loneliness, pain, and distract me from how meaningless existing is.

Need…want masking a need for power…Power…Power over self, power over others, power over all…Knowledge…forbidden knowledge…to discover what some and many wont know…KNOWLEDGE of things that cant be known…The greatest power that exist…KNOWLEDGE.

3 Likes

I was rised in lightworkers home where as a 6yo i could read yellow page-ish articles about La Vey and Crowley in astrological periodics. And about wicca. And i just deepened in occult since then. Best results I’ve got between 14 - 21yo, right now I am still studying occult a lot but practicing not as much, tough imes, and runes that my bf cast for me from time to time are constantly calling me to go deeper into magic. So for me magic wasn’t a choice. And from time to time I still try to be only a muggle… but it is too hard when you’ve been fey for most of your life

1 Like

Demons already knew me from my previous incarnations, they picked me up and they offered so much that I couldn’t refuse

5 Likes

I had bad complex post dramatic stress disorder, one day I on a whim decided to look into the idea of “Satanic prayers”
Reciting those, I started to feel… something. Something positive moved in me.
The page I was on led me somehow to a page that led me to a page about human friendly demons.
There I found Lilith, so I reached out to her.
And then after Everytime I had an episode of an emotional flashback, she chimmed in and talked me through it.
At some point I had my last one and didn’t know.

3 Likes