What is the great work and how do you complete it?

To condone it’s actions knowing what trauma, criminal activity and horror it caused isn’t anything I can understand as a person that values fairness, loyalty and compassion.

The stories would have to be lies, for the benefit of the doubt to be in play… which means the bible is full of lies… which it is, is later versions I guess, but that’s worth bearing in mind.

I think you have zero “obligation”, people love criminals all the time, women write letters to serial killer in jail and marry them, kids love parents that break their bones, humans are complicated like that. But it’s your choice.

No I don’t know, I’m a very different person. You may be a better person than me, or you may be a doormat, I’m not sure :smiley:

My mother was abusive and I hated her by the time I was 8. She killed my twin, she drove my dad out of the house and put my younger sister against me, and I will never forgive her.
I used her deliberately to have a roof over my head until I could get out on my own, then I cut her out of my life.

I don’t forget, I don’t forgive, I don’t put up with shit from some twisted mentality that I deserved it, I didn’t, nobody does. If I don’t take that from my own mother I sure as hell don’t take it from a long dead psychopath that’s worse than anything she could have been.

Just, where are your values, and your self respect, really? If it’s ok for your god to torture and kill people in it’s way, what does that say about what it would do to you? It’s gonna abuse you too and you’re letting it.

So much for the great work or ascension.

2 Likes

Good point.

Yes God and gods and demons which I have worked with have tested me.

I’ve worked with many deities before hitting a stride with magick I enjoy and found to be safe and effective.

Before that I was really going through the ringer.

If this lifetime has taught me anything it’s that regardless of the God(s), Demons or whatever else there is. You must live your life how you see fit.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

• Marcus Aurelius

I think one of the greatest things that had ever happened to me was when I accepted my suffering and willingly acted in a way to cultivate virtue.

Regardless of what is going on in society, the astral, etc I work to cultivate as much virtue as possible in all things I do.

Maybe I am searching through a corrupt, outdated, book on an oppressive God.

Maybe the entire Bible is built on a lie, I know some of you feel that way or “know” it to be true, but in the same way Christians also told me Lucifer was going to ruin my life and all this other stuff.

I will say the ritual with Belial and Ba’al was excessive, and that’s part of the reason I now restrain Demons with angels and work with the authority of God.

I’ve also had some less than ideal scenarios regarding Lilith.

For me the great work is virtue.
Do your best and carry the heaviest load that you are capable of.
Tell the truth, or at least your best conceptualization of what is true and let other people tell you you are wrong. Learn from others but value yourself.
Damien Echols says doing magick is like pouring jet fuel on the process of ascension, the same could be said about a lot of things.

If you have no idea about how to go about the great work me…personally I would recommend you do some vigorous physical activity, study something, anything but especially something regarding the truth. And then obtain virtue through hard work.

For me the most virtuous thing in my opinion is to take the suffering and sins of the world and sacrafice myself for the greater good.
To carry the weight of all the tragedy and insufficienties and vile things fo this existence and do my best to help others.

My concept of God is always changing but I’ve always treated others well for the most part. I’m not perfect but I do my best. Do you best and that will be enough but constantly work to become better.

I want to close this with a few resources for whomever decided to read this far.

Heroic initiations:

Slaying the dragon:

Lecture on virtue:

Using anger:

Mastery:

Regardless of the God’s I’m going to rap that the great work for me whether there is a heaven or a hell, wether there are Gods or not, before I leave this earth I’m gonna change at least one person’s life with my music and life story.

Also get in the fucking gym!

Topic closed at OPs request.

2 Likes