What is a physical crossroads?

I’ve often heard of the crossroads referenced to an astral plane- I understand that part but I’ve also heard of it referred to as a physical place as well.what would a physical worldly crossroads consist of?

5 Likes

Um…exactly what the name implies. It is where two roads cross each other.

If you have ever been in a car at a four-way stop, you’ve been at a crossroads.

9 Likes

Crossroad rituals are great, and nearly always benign; I’ve never encountered a malicious spirit at one, or the dead either for that matter. Two crossed roads under a full moon in a remote location is perfect, but walking paths and bike trails work too.

3 Likes

You do realise that malicious spirits can also be summoned to the cross roads?

2 Likes

Certainly. I was just saying I’ve never encountered them there. A summons is a different matter, but I get your point.

2 Likes

There’s a malicious spirit that lives at a crossroad close to my home. Many people have died there due to car accidents. I almost got hit by a truck while crossing one morning. DID NOT SEE IT AT ALL until I felt something grabbed me by the collar and yanked me back just as the truck passed infront of me.

5 Likes

An author of magic once gave his personal explanation of the crossroad, writing of the “astronomical cross” (+) and “operative cross” (x), over the magical circle.

2 Likes

In Celtic lore all ‘in-between’ places are magical and can allow the unseen to pass into this world. Lintels and crossroads in particular - it’s an area where the boundaries between the worlds are thin.

5 Likes

Popular in hoodoo. And every african country has a different god for a crossroad in magic… and you never stop hearing about crossroads, sometimes I find a really good spell, and I’m like, please, dont let this end at a crossroads that I can never drive through, or look back at again -because I’m running out of deserted cross roads :joy:

3 Likes

If were talking Hekatean Crossroad its where three roads meet. There is also a four way crossroad that is used by hoodoo i think.

2 Likes

WOW! Sometimes the simplest answer… I really had no idea it literally meant like mundane crossroads. I was thinking certain physical locations that have a natural spiritual significance- such as an oak tree as they say.

3 Likes

Physical crossroads do have magickal significance in many traditions though.

3 Likes