What is a must have grimoire that every magician should have?

Any books that should be a standard procedure to have for every dedicated magician?

3 Likes

The bible is a pretty powerful book when you know how to use it.

7 Likes

Ive got a bible near me now, I’ve read that book psalms it could destroy your enemy.

3 Likes

I tend to use it as a weapon to argue against Christians.

6 Likes

The Psalms are incredibly powerful yes, but destruction isn’t their only use.

3 Likes

The Book of the Law

3 Likes

I would argue the Three Books of Occult Philosophy, if for no other reason but to improve your patience by reading it cover to cover. It is based around Renaissance ceremonial magic and is filled with useful ideas to explore and experiment with (as a book over a thousand pages on the subject should). While I have my disagreements with the publisher, it is a text i have found to be useful

3 Likes

The Practice of Magical Evocation by Franz Bardon.

It not only has a grimoire with hundreds of different spirits in it, but also gives you the keys to help you use any grimoire you’d like.

6 Likes

Masterworks of Chaos Magick by Adam Blackthorne

5 Likes

I will second that. It’s a treasure trove if you have the patience to get through it. If you look at that material and look at how rootworkers do things you can see some strong connections there

6 Likes

Not without reading Initiation Into Hermetics by him! @DraculAlucard Bardon personally warns/informs/take it as you want motherfucker the reader about why he should read first book at least till step 8.It litterally prepares you to be a solid magician.I wouldnt take his only do good approach tho.

8 Likes

Thats right. There are things taught in IIH that are necessary for the secod book

5 Likes

Become a living god the most basic grimore for me yesterday i got it and it explains things simple also 72 angels of magick my favorite :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Are you a chaos mage? Has it been beneficial?

Making their own >=3

4 Likes

I think that the Kybalion is a must read. Also, the Magickian, and Liber Null and Psychonaut. These will give you a lot of guidance.

3 Likes

I’m not a chaos mage but that book is important because it shows how to actually get magick to work, and get powerful results from your rituals. So it can be used for a lot of your magick.
I also particularly like it because it gives a ritual for working with the 7 Olympic Spirits, which can also be adapted to work with most spirits.

1 Like

What is it about?

Ewwww Rungr, thats no fun! Everyone needs to get everything ready from someone else! :stuck_out_tongue:

OP I am not trolling you man, you are fine. :smile:

4 Likes

It’s in public domain, the British OTO published it on their website

https://www.oto-uk.org/liber220.html

It is the holy book of Thelema, it includes advice and spells. Read it, it’s a very short book. It is a class A document, thus no one can tell you what to understand from it, but it is a general consensus that the interpretations made by the person who channelled it are the most accurate and proven to be correct.

5 Likes