What happens when you bind an ex to you debate

it was an example but thanks, lol.
was more thinking a list of spells, im sure im not familiar with all the types of spells? correct me if im wrong:

invocation: requesting help from/summoning a deity or similiar

divination: information gathering: future telling, spying on people, finding what has been lost etc etc.

summoning: kind of like invocation except it deals with demons or lesser beings? usually binding them to the plane for a defined ammount of time or a task is completed?

necromacy : deals with the dead, communing with them mostly but in exstremesressurrection is possible. if im to believe d&d most vampiric /life or essence draining magic fits this catagory as well

binding :(wasnt even aware this existed til joining the forums and still learning how they work/are used) used mostly to prevent certain actions? like someone from harming someone else or to protect the magician from harm?

im sure there are other types but im not aware of them?

1 Like

Some of this is incorrect.

Invocation is the calling of a force or power into yourself. It is most often used to take on specific traits and characteristics of a spirit. An example would be invoking Mars for courage.

Evocation is the calling forth of a spirit to take form before you. I assume this is what you meant when you said “summoning” but that is a misnomer because you summon in both invocation and evocation.

Evocation yes! I didnt know the name of it, thanks

1 Like

Love spells in the manner i described are normally based on the general idea that you are looking for a healthy and prosperous relationship. If you are casting this type of spell and are actively attracting individuals that are toxic and/or detrimental to a positive life experience then i would suggest sticking to a routine of cleansing, purification and a series of uncrossing rituals as well as a good deal of self reflection and healing for at least 6 months, ideally 12-18.

The reason being if you are actively attracting this kind of negativity through this type of spell then it is what you are looking for, which isn’t all that uncommon. People self sabotage themselves without magick all the time, no reason it can’t happen with it. It generally isn’t done on a conscious level which is why working through what ever issue triggers the self sabatoge is generally a good idea.

1 Like