What happens spiritually to a living creature that is cloned?

I was thinking earlier about the story of Dolly the sheep that was cloned. When a creature is cloned like that, what happens to their spirit? Is the spirit cloned too or is the cloned animal just a soulless vessel?

I want a clone, it would be interesting if when something is cloned it’s basically fragmenting the original soul lol. That would be a interesting concept.

1 Like

I think Dolly was cloned just to prove it can be done. Most cloning is about cells, if I remember right.

2 Likes

True, but the clone is technically an avaliable vessel :thinking:

1 Like

I feel like in a way a physical body catches on to the “vibes” of the spirit that inhabits it. Prehaps even if a cloned one doesnt have a full copy of a spirit it has some sort of essence to it at least.

1 Like

I think a new vessel is a new vessel, it doesn’t matter it was made in utero or in vitro. It gets a new spirit the same way any vessel does.

5 Likes

I don’t believe a cloned being would have the same spirit as the donor cells. Depending upon which theory of conception one subscribes to, the clone will have it’s own spirit/soul that inhabits the body at a certain point in the development process.

Identical twins don’t share the same soul, even though they come from the same egg, and have been known to have similar personality traits (but some also develop opposite traits), so I think clones would be like that.

3 Likes

I like the theory that identical twins can feel each other’s pain, I think there was an old disney movie about a boy who was cloned, he could see what his clone could see sometimes or feel what he could feel sometimes. The movie is really old I can’t exactly remember the fine details.

1 Like

Every living thing is a unique individual. If you believe in the soul, then the cloned individual wouldn’t be soulless.

3 Likes