What does one do if their Higher Self stops that person from being successful?

I understand

1 Like

Unpopular belief- the higher self can initiate celibacy for spiritual purposes.

@Lady_Eva You have worked a lot with the Higher Self for healing through core shamanism. Have you found this to be true, that the HS can interfere in one’s life choices, in your experience?

I’ve always thought the HS was pretty much hands off unless consciously approached, though mine did shield me from some spiritual stuff that would have destroyed me had it not stepped in, so perhaps not as hands off as I originally believed.

5 Likes

Not Eva, lol, but from my experience the answer is no. That is why i was keep reading this thread, was wondering how no one said that earlier.
A HS seems to offer suggestions but doesn’t force you to do this or the other.
I have met people who blamed their HS (or their godforms or whatever else) for their choices (or lack of them) and any other physical situation they’re in. But these people (not even one excluded) had other mental issues and were trying to blame their mental state and poor decisions onto others mostly victimizing themselves or calling “higher powers” as responsible for their acts.

7 Likes

Yes, that’s why I advised this for getting an ex back:

It’s best not to interfere with other people’s HS’s in any prolonged manner, or they’ll end up making you an extra in their movie (so to speak) BUT, a carefully thought-through petition like that can be very powerful, and it’s ethical as well.

4 Likes

I think it’s more like mild influences on their Incarnate Self, though some people are more in tune than others.

Finding someone attractive, like that example I gave above, or preventing some course of action from being successful would be within their capability, even for someone who has no communication with their own HS.

3 Likes

Why would the HS interfere with someone having sex though, as the OP described? That seems weird to me, as the sex drive is one of, if not the, most potent forces for physical life. The only reason I could think of, is maybe it was to protect them from something, but I’ve never heard of a Higher Self doing that before.

1 Like

I don’t know, but I’d pay attention to that advice and find out why, or at least ask for some symbolism to be revealed to help figure it out.

Assuming everything is as it seems and that is OP’s HS doing this, the advice is being given for a reason, not for shit n’ giggs.

3 Likes

Exactly, the HS never goes against your wishes

Stop believing the higher self is separate from you. It is just another level of consciousness that can act with seeming independence but it is still under your direct control just from states of consciousness you do not yet have the ability to remember. A rogue higher mind can be a trollish and spiteful thing just as a rogue lower mind can be. Both must be reigned in and integrated with the consciousness as a whole which happens gradually on its own as you start to master shifting states within yourself or you can target the integration directly.

Sometimes it is useful to give a part of your personality or mind brief independence to act and process on a different partition but not on a level that it is allowed to interfere.

1 Like

Is that so? What if your wish is crap but you don’t realise?
Like the wish of a one year old to walk the stairs without holdibg onto the mother’s hand? The will of a one year old can be pretty strong, too.

Ok you’re not one anymore, but your wishes can still be crap.

1 Like

That’s our ego mind which interferes with the higher self, but when it comes to wishes for your best spiritual well being, no I don’t believe the HS goes against them

1 Like

@Lady_Eva once explained the Higher Self acts as a sort of father, and it is possible to bring the Higher Self down to Earth, attach to an image. Can’t find the post.

@Mind_Seeker20
@anon48079295
@Lady_Eva

Im corious.

Can the higher self hate you?

As an Ex-Thelemite, I feel that I should chime in here about this stuff, not that I am all knowledgeable or anything. I used to be like like “higher self, true will, that is why I can’t do what my parents want and get my degree in electrical engineering and enjoy the math equations, what is wrong with me, why can’t I make myself like something.” Everyone else seems to just be able to do that, to find themselves in something and then just do it. I mean, India had(has) a caste system, and they (mostly) got it to work, and whatever the kids were born into they were able to do. I mean, they had certain exceptions, but they figured out a way to throw those out for a while so their society was not disturbed.

So, I became a militant Thelemite, practicing libre Samekh everyday, determining that everyone must follow their true wills, and also not wanting to inflict anything on anyone, for fear I would mess up their true will. I practiced magick, but mostly ineffectively, i mean, i got some results, but nothing like what happened once I quit caring about those ideas or letting them dominate me.

I also read stuff like about the operation of Abramelin, thinking that, basically, if one were to cut oneself off from society for a long time, one would come to what the “true self” is and know what to do. They would be able to subjugate various demons under their control and then somehow face the world with a renewed understanding of their purpose in life and what they are supposed to do with life.

The thing is, we must realize we have often competing desires, and then if we cut oneself off completely from society, in the end we are left alone, who are we without others? Are other people only parts of ourselves. What is the separation between oneself and other people?

2 Likes

Ask your higher self, so many questions…

I cant talk with my higher self.

Right, learn how to. Then you will be able to find out yourself.

Logic wise, I don’t think your higher self not interfering your choices means other people’s higher selves would not. I believe it’s different from one person to another, in terms of the higher self’s personality.

2 Likes

This makes sense, logically speaking.