What do you think of "chilling adventures of sabrina" netflix series?

Once, presumably he will talk more in part 2.

1 Like

Is “meow” considered speech? When he was in goblin form he spoke. After he became a cat, it was just meow.

2 Likes

Booooooo. That’s unfortunate. I guess there’s way more happening now in this series so they don’t need a colorful personality like Salem. The original TV cast was so boring.

1 Like

If I understood the show correctly, Sabrina actually does hear Salem speaking instead of meowing. Or maybe I just read a wacky fan theory on reddit.

Yes, I believe it is a form of telepathic communication. We the audience hear “meows”, growls, and purrs, but she hears Salem speak her language, in this case, English. A type of magical “universal translator” perhaps?

1 Like

Familiar bond, I think.

It’s a telepathic bond they say in the show only the master can hear the familiar speak

On a side note I’m watching it it’s a little cringy and to much feminism and “love drama” imo

1 Like

I enjoyed the comic this series is based on. It’s pretty dark for the Archie universe, with cannibalism and eldritch horrors, but I think I will avoid the television version.

1 Like

Meh, I still think its enjoyable for what it is. The original tv show was better as a comedy(plus nostalgia value), the comic was hell of a lot better as horror. Modern television has honed my ability to ignore bullshit to perfection, so that helps my enjoyment of it

1 Like

No. He doesn’t… I was pretty pissed too. I think Salem was the best character in the original series.

3 Likes

The show does get better as the seemingly “two seasons in one” format of Season One culminates in:

Spoiler Alert

Edward Spellman is not the father of Sabrina Spellman. Her father is Lucifer. She is meant to be the “Herald of Hell” and everything she has done since her “dark baptism” is to prepare her for that. A prophecy is found that states her destiny is to “open the gates of hell and unleash all demons upon the Earth”. In turn “enslaving all of mortal and witch-kind together to serve the Dark Lord/Satan/Lucifer”.

Sabrina doesn’t want to be the Queen of Hell. She forms an alliance with Lillith to defeat Lucifer and trap him in hell.

Lillith becomes the Queen. Sabrina and friends form a “Scooby Doo Crew” of sorts called the “Fright Club.”

Season Two should be better.

I absolutely love it, it’s cheesy, campy with a twist #PraiseSatan

They had a seasons of sabrina tv series. This is just another version. More witchy and not comedy.

Occult realism aside, I enjoy the show. I would like it even more if Sabrina wasn’t in it though. She comes off to me as nothing but a typical smug teenage brat who knows nothing and thinks she knows it all. I really don’t like her.

I absolutely adore Aunt Hilda though.

3 Likes

I enjoy it for what it is which is camp and fun.

1 Like

I like it. New season is out on Netflix. Love the whole season being accessible on release.

Sabrina turned into absolute SH*T… Change my mind :sunglasses:
obraz

I think it’s absolute trash because it pushes far left politics. (I’m not here to discuss politics or break the rules that’s just the reason why I don’t like the show.)

Salem is a better show for witchy things btw…

2 Likes

I can certainly agree with that :wink:

1 Like

I really liked the original 90s show and enjoyed the comics when I was a kid too. This one is a bit meh, not too bad, but not great either.

Salem, the talking cat was probably the highlight of the original show and they really missed a beat by replacing him with some sort of mute goblin. The Aunts are also lame, as are most of the characters. The horror elements might appeal to some, but I thought the original show was even more educational in general.

If you aren’t familiar with it, in the 90s show, witches were basically another humanoid species, that originated in the other realm, a faraway realm tens of thousands of light years away, who had magical powers and were very long-lived, though not immortal. The show also incorporated gods, who were immortal, such as Hermes. There was a clear hierarchy, with gods at the top, witches beneath them and half-witches at the bottom rung of the ladder (as was the titular Sabrina). Confusingly, witches were depicted as human-like, interdimensional, but also as aliens, who lived amongst humans without revealing their true identities. A similar idea is carried over into the new series, but it’s not well-explained, so it is even more confusing.