What do you desire most? Let's analyze it

Congatualations on your pregnancy :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I can read it but…it doesn’t make sense…:anguished:

2 Likes

Augustus, Alexander, Hannibal, Genghis Khan, many great paragons of men had harems, it is only natural for me to aspire to emulate the great paragons.

2 Likes

(Sorry I just had to.)

3 Likes

I think that she might have been implying that many people are actually trying to satisfy the expectations projected upon them by others, instead of truly having their own interests at heart? If not then I’m sad to say I am lost too.

2 Likes

Sure my friend… sure. :wink:

“I needed my knob polished by nubile virgins and experienced concubines of multiple locations for purely philosophical reasons.”

But srsly, if passing on your genes, that is about the future, which is not you… like many on here. :smiley:

I mean, what is the desire to write your will upon the world, if not something other-centric, something about a world which you are no longer in, and of?

Anything about “the future” or “other people” is, finally, about your own death. About self-abnegation. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I aspire, not desire to be the embodiment of the change I wish to see in the world.

2 Likes

I like that and it makes me feel better

1 Like

Thank you :heart: I’m pretty excited.

2 Likes

Death. The ultimate freedom.

2 Likes

Nope: that other-centredness is INNATE to humankind.

No-one ever suicide-bombered themselves for personal selfish gains, obviously. People strive for “evolution” and everything else, via ALL ideologies, ALL effort, for OTHER people. Outside the self and the moment.

Controversial… etc. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

After an year I decided to do as Lilith told me, to “give myself” to her and swearing to obey her (but, may she forgive me, I’m already cosidering jumping to another spiritual/magical approach) and the first things she “ordered” me were to know myself and analyze my desires, indeed.
However: I desire more money, first of all to repay a few bills/debts and to have a theoretically guaranteed future. Then there would be traveling and buying entertainment products. I’d also like a relationship, dating a woman (or knowing some of them before the “definitive” one).

Somebody gets it.

I tend to agree, but you are neglecting that there are some kinds of Taoist practices that teach that If you do not achieve the Golden Dragon Body in a single lifetime, you can choose to incarnate into your spawn. The more I have, the better the vessel, no?

I happen to like some aspects of this world, just not the fact that I am bound to this mortal coil. If I were to say, become the Red Magus talked about in Michael Aquino’s Diabolicon, I would certainly have a world similar to this one.

I don’t agree, because the way I see it, if those goals are accomplished I can play in whichever river I see fit. If you catch my drift.

1 Like

But isn’t “desire” always something you don’t have right now, but want to have in the future? Even if your desire is for a pet that died 1 year ago to be alive again, you want it to be alive in the future. And even if you wish for everything to remain as it is now, you wish for it to remain like that in the future.

1 Like

I desire my right to desire that right, allright?

Stability, and that’s where I am right now. I have a job, pay my bills with enough money left to purchase necessary and unnecessary things. On top of that, I have loving and caring spirits with me. What more could I possibly desire? Maybe for people to mind their own businesses and get what they’re desire? :thinking:

4 Likes

I do, and I am of that mindset too with inheritors, but say you come back… who is the future about then?

There are ALWAYS “other people” involved, and gaining. Outside you, or your own future self. It’s not the YOU right now, writing this, and what is evolution EVER finally about, expect to pass on the torch to others, for infinitiy?

Each life you live will, finally, end.

The idea you may inherit a new body is just an idea; death, as the gateway, the end of the current You, is the gateway to dreams any of us hold for others, for the world, for our Will writ large.

4 Likes

What could ease this I wonder? Is there something else that would give you ease?

1 Like

It sounds like work if you say it like that :frowning: “Each life”, like a never ending late night shift you cover either for yourself or your coworker

2 Likes

Not cheesy at all, the next question should be, what can you do to accomplish that?

1 Like

Dont ignore your internal intuition, you will find what you seek if you keep looking. Learning should be a life time goal always.

1 Like