What are the best books to get started with vampirism?

which ones best for beginners ?

2 Likes

Anything by MIchelle Belanger.

1 Like

For a short and sweet entryway to predatory energy manipulation, I think it is hard to beat “Vampire’s Way to Psychic Self-Defense” by John Kreiter.

1 Like

For something purely magick focused, I’d say Akhkharu Vampire Magick by Michael J. Ford or Draugadróttinn: Lord of the Undead by N.D. Blackwood.

I second Mulberry’s response of anything by Michelle Bellinger. Asetian Bible by Luis Marques, for extra reading as well.

4 Likes

D.H thorne wrote a vampire handbook aswell.

1 Like

Among my favorites, Book of the Witch Moon by Michael Ford and Akhkharu.
Ardeth and Liber Hirudo also have good things.

6 Likes

1 Like

May I ask what you thought was worthwhile of L. Hirudo?

There are 2 books for those who can read french : Le livre des pouvoirs and le livre des non morts by Frater Luminis Negri and Thanateros. These books form a complete initiation system from one of the oldest and closed vampiric order ( plus the gnosis gained by the author). Also another very closed and secretive teaching is Elus Cohen - Kishuph - Vampirisme - Alchimies Internes: Le Corps de Foudre et de Diamant dans la Voie de l’Aigle Noir from Joel Duez. I hope that this information will be useful to the BALG members interested into vampirism.

6 Likes

French here, thanks for the recommandation !

You can find them on Lulu.

2 Likes

The Book of Black Amber by Alexander Dray is also an interesting read but difficult to apply for most of us ( you will have to find a coffin to do some exercise). It is a form of nagual vampiric path inspired from Castaneda. Even if you dont follow this system you can easily use some idea from it. For example in my own workings I have used some ideas to feed my shadow and use powder of the moon shadow through a more kindoki approach and make a special fetish into a cauldron. You have also some interesting shadow manipulation method among many other things that you can adapt for yourself.

1 Like

Anybody heard about book called Mudharam (book of blood)?

What is one of the oldest and closed vampiric order? what is it called?

The orders who are active today are closed door order and come from the same source ( order of the Dragon ) but have become a network of different organisation and have mixed the original teachings ( root path of the Dragon) with other systems in order to improve the process like any other lineage. N.D. Blackwood is the best one to answer as a true initiate. This is a chance to have him among us and who publish book with the full basic process.However I can say that the the south american Shamanic Brotherhood of Bat Men is probably one of the most secretive but in Europe there is also few order of the Dragon and also other order who are closed to knight templar ( the initiation process structure). I cant say more here.

1 Like

Were these books published in English?