What Advice Do You Have For Someone Just Starting the Left Hand Path?

I would love to hear your thoughts about the Path, Magick, Ascension, working with entities/Spirit, etc

4 Likes

@Soon2bAdept Anyone can give advice on spells and stuff so I will go with advice of a different nature.

1. First and foremost learn to create a balance between your ego, your inner demon, and your shadow. Too many sorcerers in my opinion are dominated by bloated egos. No, you are not a god (anyone who has reached Apotheosis please ignore this). Not yet that is. You must be able to see your limitations clearly. To accept that you don’t deserve the world. It is only then that you can make actual constructive steps towards real ascent instead of simply claiming it. Yes, you need to give into your ego sometimes to feel good about REAL accomplishments, but it also needs to be checked and controlled so that it doesn’t get out of hand. Now moving on to the inner demon. The wahsh if you prefer that term. That is the beast within. The voice whispering deep within you. Driving you to conquer, fight, survive and grow. The last and for me the hardest to understand is the shadow. Sit in a shadow and feel the energy merge with you. The shadow acts as a counterbalance to the ego.Merged with shadow you become part of the hive mind. It is the force of wisdom and of reason that allows you to live in balance. Do not allow yourself to become just another rebellious “weekend Satanist” with an over bloated ego. It’s about being able to control yourself. Remember that if any one of the above aspects become too powerful it will consume you, and shut off the Path to Ascent.

2. Following on from the long diatribe about the ego their are two things that you must keep in mind: Respect and humility. Respect for the teachings, for the entities that you serve, and for your fellow Disciples. The Spirits are not to be made as slaves. The spells that we use are not toys. You do not command the Spirits. They are beings far, far beyond you, and you must treat them with the respect they deserve. Then their’s humility: the ability to learn from your mistakes and grow from them instead of pretending you are perfect. Remember we don’t go out to fail, but their’s often more to learn in our failures than in our successes.

18 Likes

Can you give any tips for a beginner to help awaken there magic and 3rd eye properly

3 Likes

@Novicebrett Meditate daily (by daily I mean daily no matter how tired, sleepy, or not up to it you feel) and through methods that actually work so that the flame within your soul will grow from a spark to a roaring flame.

10 Likes

If I meditate I feel a heavy feeling washing over me my site go’s black and I can see red dots and shapes if I hold it long is this a sign my 3rd eye is opening or what should I see or feel as it opens

1 Like

It’s important to have time to immerse yourself in magic, even if it’s just meditation, often. I usually try to read something everyday that would prove helpful to my path, I use that as meditation sometimes and other times I simply do energy work or show respect to my deities. “Respect” is also an important word. It’s important to know who to respect, when and in what way. This doesn’t necessarily mean study all of the Demon correspondences, or learn how to create offerings of exotic spices in the right blend, rather just know that to approach spirits in a kindly way will give you better results than brute force (lest you must banish a troublesome entity, and if that’s the case they likely deserved it). This is true even if you view spirits as a part of yourself; after all, respect for ourselves lead to respect for others. And vice versa.

The Left-hand path is a path of individuality, directness and experimentation. As long as values of the path are not violated (which should be common sense stuff like don’t use your Will to violently warp the rights of others, because you can face dire repercussions), you can do as you please.

8 Likes

@Novicebrett Don’t be too concerned with your third eye (or any individual chakra) yet. That will come as the power builds within you. Sure their is a time where working with individual energy centers is useful. That time is not when you can’t even feel the energy. As for what that power feels like. It’s complicated. At first it will be just minor. Maybe some buzzes and tingling sensations. That’s a sign of progress, but that isn’t really what you want. Once you are really doing it right it should be like a cascading surge of power running through you. It’s unmistakable so I don’t think I need to explain how to recognize it.

5 Likes

Are the red dots coming from the inside of your head? If yes it could be some of the minor Chakras. If it’s just in your vision it’s probably not something to worry about too much. We all have our own experiences with meditation and will see different things.

2 Likes

What is the most common thing to feel or see when it’s starting to open ?

1 Like

@Novicebrett Really depends on what you are doing. EA made a video about it. The third eye is kinda complicated and it develops in different ways according to your practice.

2 Likes

So if I’ve never done magik but meditate everyday like I do what exercise could u suggest I try first to boost my powers

1 Like

Most people will feel dizzy, blank and/or empowered. I personally go into a bit of a trance, and start to “see” energy. Some people start to see spirits immediately and others will need to be in a special state. Using imaginative creativity isn’t necessary but it helps with the experience. Don’t be afraid to attempt to alter your experience with your Third eye sight. Also don’t be afraid to deviate a bit from other people. What works for one person won’t always work for another.

2 Likes

Thank u so much

1 Like

Read The Satanic Bible. Excellent initiatory book for someone who’s completely new to LHP. It’s not spiritual, per se, but it helps you purge yourself from false guilt and fear, and also assists you in rebuilding yourself.

8 Likes

The Satanic Bible was my starting point, an excellent philosophical tome in general. Although the dogma is stronger in LaVey’s work than in other books on the LHP.

7 Likes

Is there a free pdf or YouTube audio book on it

2 Likes

This PDF seems accurate to my print copy but is by no means official. The Church of Satan would rather have people pay for the book and so they discredit all electronic copies. (You don’t need to listen to them, though). http://www.whale.to/b/lavey_bible.pdf

2 Likes

I read in the BMoA that sungazing can help. As well as everyone else said, lots of meditations. There are exercises all over this forum for doing this.

4 Likes

My answer to the topic though is trust your fucking intuition. I can’t tell you how many times questioning it has gotten me in shit, in both the mundane and magickal.

7 Likes

Patience!! it’s not going to happen in one night! It takes time!

8 Likes