Weird experience. I guess..?

So I don’t really know if this is relative to magick at all, but it certainly is relevant with the mind, so I though to just throw it here, see if anyone has had something similar happen to them.
When I was younger ,I used to go into this “state” a lot (if I can even call it a state).
It was like… I suddenly ,somehow ,“left” my body and watched myself in 3rd person. Exactly like watching TV or something.
Now I kinda wait for you to say “astral projection”, but I am positive it wasn’t ,since I was still in control of my physical body and still in my reality. Like…nothing fancy went on, no strange visions, no weird object contortions etc. And this usually lasted about…10 minutes?
I remember this happening to me at school and me trying to explain it to my friends.
If I remember correctly the words I used to describe it back then were:

“It feels like I don’t have contact with reality”
“You are so distant.I can hear you from far away.”
“It feels like time passes without me. Like I’m stuck in a single moment.”

Now, please excuse these childish claims. I just thought to share them (since I still remember them), because I haven’t had this happen to me for some years, so I thought that what I said back then would actually be more spot on than an explanation I could make right now.

What do you guys think about this? Did you have any similar experiences?
Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It sounds like mental projection, rather than astral projection.

In one of EA’s books, he has a meditation where you close your eyes and try to “see” your environment and sink into it as a method of obtaining a trance state, and when it is done right, you will actually see yourself sitting in your chair with full awareness of the room while also still being aware of your body.

From your description, it sounds very similar to what you experienced.

When I was young, before my Greater Self contained me within a shield, I use to be able to do something very much like that. I could project part of my consciousness into other people and watch myself through their eyes. It was a sort of split; I could watch myself through their eyes while simultaneously watching them through my own eyes. It was a weird feeling, and I’ve never told anyone about it.

9 Likes

Astral/spiritual projection could also be considered mental projection if you keep in mind that maybe there is no actual separation between mind, body and spirit.

It’s still a valid experience of “projection” of your consciousness, no matter how others classify it or label it. Forget those labels and free yourself from what others believe is, and what they believe is not. Do it and play around with it, take it as far as you can take it. You never know what could come out of it. Maybe you’ll discover a whole new spiritual experience of mental or spiritual projection that nobody else experienced before.

It’s always a good idea to check other people’s experiences, opinions and points of view. That’s how knowledge is passed from generation to generation, especially when it comes to occult and magick. And that’s what we’re doing here. As long as that doesn’t add limits to your own experience and understanding. When it comes to occult and magick, do not just think outside the box, it’s important to realize that there is no box at all.

Experiment with it, whatever you imagine you could do with it, do it and see what happens :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@DarkestKnight Well, now someone knows :smiley: Thanks for the advice, I think it must be just what you said.

3 Likes

Great, thanks a lot. Nice explanation!

2 Likes

Wait what I thought I only had this abilities to look through others eyes I rarely use that power because…well darn I’m a wuss puss,