Wealth, recent numbness, difficulty getting jobs

Try something else OGUN Comes to mind he is underrated.Also as much as reality is a dumb matrix manifesting stuff depends on a lot of things.and at the moment so much spiritual shot is going on a large scale so It okay to not get what you want.it’s just not your time yet

Every one faces some kind of obstacles in their path .Try and remind yourself of things you are really good at and focus on these when other things don’t click yet.

“We get what we desire when we are not searching” Belial

Not everyone wants to live in a palace or rule the world.

3 Likes

There’s no way that Hill was a fraud, his work is pure magick IF you commit to following the principles even 50% of the time!

His work changed my life for the better, from being an angry, bitter, and twisted teenager, into someone who’s made her own way in life, and scored some very big personal goals. And I know I’m not the only person to have got something amazing from his works.

I am gobsmacked anyone would think he was doing something shady, when the principles he teaches are so simple, and so self-evident.

All that’s wrong with most personal development books is people don’t read them, and/or don’t do the work. That’s not the fault of the books.

Just saying this because things like that would do @OddEmanation more good than yet more sigils and worrying about other magicians’ bank balances.

Afformations™ get your mind actually working and are 100 x better than simple affirmations for most things, esoecially things you lack, not just small changes in attitude or beliefs.

Or maybe he wanted to be an author, and is being an author who owns one of the best known publishing houses and teaching sites, running and paying for a forum you left then returned to, so you can insult him? :thinking:

Nothing wrong with setting up Patreon when you also do a lot of stuff for free, including this forum.

Uncle Chuck I don’t know much about but he seems to have what he wants most of the time.

Not everyone wants the same things, that seems silly to you because you’re broke, but if you started to succeed with things you cared about, it would make more sense.

Do you believe in any of it?

8 Likes

PS have you tried doing some voluntary work? Pretty sure I suggested that before, something to take you outside your own woes and worries, and get you thinking about yourself as someone with something to give.

6 Likes

Napoleon Hill was a fraud in the sense he didn’t really practice what he preached and was basically a con-man to get famous.

However he was a great philosopher and what he taught others was gold.

Lots of authors lie and embellish the truth to establish credibility it doesn’t take away from what they have to teach. This especially stands true in occult community.

2 Likes

That’s a terrific suggestion and will usually get you connected to THE most well connected people wherever you live.

1 Like

I have to disagree there: he was a successful author and that, teaching the pre-requisites of lasting success and personal happiness, was his goal in life; a goal which was so successful that he left behind a Foundation which continues to teach his work. It seems more likely than not that he applied his own concepts to his career as an author.

He also introduced hermetic principles to the masses in a genius manner which removed any hint of dark spooky occultism, and that’s a bigger score for personal empowerment and re-establishing truth than he could possibly have had, had he simply gone into some mercantile business.

7 Likes

He was a messenger

Okay I just did some digging into this, and the claims now plastered across Mr Hill’s Wikipedia page, what I unearthed is not really suitable for this forum but if anyone wants to see what I discovered, drop me a PM, suffice to say “consider the source” applies to all the claims made, from “he never met Carnegie” right to the inclusion of claims he’s a conman in the opening paragraphs of his page.

What I discovered was pretty shocking, in terms of a seemingly concerted smear campaign.

And this is veering slightly off-topic, but I continue to recommend Napoleon Hill’s books to the OP, and it is on-topic that recent claims of fraud against him online are seriously questionable.

6 Likes

oh yeah, i made a mantle that is part div for someone to be protected FROM his white light, literal cultist family.
~and im gonna help a another friend with a problem soon, but
thats because i started to care for those people somewhat.

1 Like

:thinking: huh, so its the classical case, of wikipedia just being open for literally anyone, to edit in.

But I meant something in this world, not more magick, because that’s obviously doing you no good at all.

Yes, it’s fucking insane when you check the edit history, and spend even 5 minutes looking at other works by the main sources of the claims.

4 Likes

that confuses me. i mean… i once did that for 30-33 days in a store. didnt got paid a cent for a part time job. ~lets not talk about the legality of all this.

In the end, i had ZERO benefit from it
-no contacts
-no recommendations, the people in that fancy little “organic and local” store (if you can call 150km “local”), didnt even feel like putting in a good word for me, so i could ACTUALLY get a job

i guess you are right. (perceived) image can be everything.
~like the nazis being worse than the fashists, and the marxists being worse than the nazis.
But nobody calls out communism for killing more people :thinking: all because the nazis went with “scary” looking uniforms, intentionally.

My point being that…yeah maybe i am a little biased about koetting.
If i ignore all the cringe…he probably was one of the most influencial people -at least in matters of how i found into magic and stuff.

Otherwise? idk… maybe i would have dropped it years ago, tihnking magic was just people jacking off to funny little symbols, and saying “so mote it be” after their “spells” :roll_eyes:
(to be fair, “been there, done that” applies here)

So yeah, maybe you are right… i should ignore his…uhm “marketing” and just see him for how much i owe him.

Sounds like you got scammed by an employer since you expected to be paid. That isn’t volunteer work, like a soup kitchen, etc. volunteer where a lot of other people volunteer.

1 Like

Idk how it works where OP is

But where I am… there’s a ton of programs for volunteers

OP I would google some local charities and businesses and see if any offer opportunities that resonate with you. Make a few phone calls after getting clear and writing down what you can offer and are good at

We have Jobcentres and I could simply be given some suggestions from an advisor to run through for volunteer work

I worked for a charity and had amazing opportunities, met people who I wouldn’t have dreamed of meeting, it’s not just who you work for, or even the charity goals - some people choose to volunteer bc they are financially sound enough to… Big shots in their careers. Other volunteers may be the ones who offer you or help you find opportunities as you work with them!

Another option is self employment… but build up a portfolio

(offer work for free initially to a handful, I’ve done this in the past and negotiated people paying my travel expenses/basic materials cost) if there’s something that you can do… that would cost them or take them more time/funds than they have

… people jump at the chance IME when offered that, and explain you’re offering for a limited period to build up your reputation and portfolio and need reviews and references for future customers)

Even something as basic as volunteering in a soup kitchen type place tho… they’re not exactly gonna see you go hungry (you don’t have to be the beggar, Simple perk of that volunteer opportunity!)

When you start out from nothing… a brilliant example I see here (I live in a big city) someone had the idea to make restaurant’s money from their waste food by offering it cheaper and designed an app that they can offer food cheaper when it’s about to go to waste on… its a win win… someone gets a cheaper meal, restaurants make money where they would waste/lose otherwise… you can always look for opportunities to profit from where someone else is losing like this

2 Likes

I’m in the process of purging my self-help book collection. All those books didn’t really help, because they didn’t have the right information in them to help me. So I’m getting rid of what I see as being the most useless ones.

I like the idea of blaming the books for the fact you cannot help yourself. Sure, you buy a bunch of books or courses or whatever, and it doesn’t do any good, probably because you are throwing money after the wrong problem.

1 Like

I actually find often…, the problem is buying so many books on the same subject

And I haven’t put much effort into any techniques suggested because I simply don’t like them and I’ve overwhelmed myself…

By telling myself my problem is SO big not just one technique could possibly solve it :joy:

Ofc my problem is bigger if I think it needs THAT many books to possibly find something that works

1 Like

I’ve always surmised this was due to the drop of his lovely book “Outwitting the Devil”. I totally expected the smear campaign after reading the book, since it was prophesied in it, pretty much. I pay the obvious desperate attempts at ruining his credibility no mind.

2 Likes