Warnings of working with Odin

I’ve seen a couple different posts in here about being cautious about working with Odin. I’ve recently started working with him. I eventually want to work with many of the Norse pantheon, however I felt Odin calling for some time. I haven’t really seen anything other than he can be not very trustworthy. What other things would one be wary of? Also, could it be that either he delivered results in an unexpected way or maybe only helps if it furthers his own agenda?

I’ve been reading posts on here about him but the warnings aren’t specific.

1 Like

I think it’s more like working with Belial or Azazel: these being will not mollycoddle you, they will expect you to step up and work hard, and not whine if you fail, but pick yourself up and do better.

They are not tricksters, but you must know yourself well and be prepared to accept full responsibility for yourself, they will not carry you or forgive you for failing to be strong.

3 Likes

That’s good to know. I have already worked with Azazel and Belial. Azazel did yell at me for slacking which was completely justified. Well not sp much slacking as no moving forward because of indecision. Thank you for the clarification :smiley:.

3 Likes

Some people believe that All Father gives with one hand and takes with the other. Other people associate him only with death. If you look at the Norse heroes they seem to have pretty bad endings to their lives. However, if you look at the Greek heroes they also die in bad situations. It might be that in return for your name to be known millennia later you have to deal with it. Also one of the worst things for a male in Norse culture is to die in bed.

3 Likes

Many of us already operate in that fashion. We make agreements with spirits to gain something in exchange for payment of some sort.