Waking up exhausted after feeding

I looked around and couldn’t find another thread on this, so I apologize if there already is one. I have been on the vampiric path for a while, and I have noticed that, after feeding heavily during the night before I go to sleep, I will oftentimes wake up exhausted and have a much harder time getting up than I would normally. I was curious to know if others have had this experience and if anyone knows the reason behind it so that it can be avoided. When feeding on blood it is somewhat common to get a little tired afterwards for many people, but not after an entire night of sleep the way that heavy energy feeding has done to me in the past.

What is your intake, sorry - blood or energy? Is your donor consenting or no?

My blood donor is absolutely consenting, but they are away at the moment so I have been energy feeding from a distance and from different sources more often. Usually the targets I feed from energetically aren’t aware and aren’t consenting targets, but last night I was feeding on the energy of the earth, so not necessarily a particular entity or person, and I wound up with the same exhaustion when I woke up this morning.

How do you process the energy to align with your system?
Do you run the microcosmic orbit, visualise converting it to human qi or something else?

I filter and ground out whatever negative energy I may have taken in, and then take the useful energy that is left and slowly sync it with each of my energy centers, and then let it spread out into the rest of my body through my subtle body’s energy channels. I will definitely try a few other methods though, I hadn’t thought about that part of the technique quite as much.

Well there’s a few possibilities

Earth qi is heavy and calming, think how rocks don’t move quickly and their consciousness is even slower than trees. Earth elemental energy, in qigong at least, with habe knock on effects with the energy balance in your body, it reduces water energy, but enhances metal. That affects the organs and meridians associated with these elements, and so on down the line, so it can get complicated, and also depends on your starting balance.

Humans may have natural protections, and can retaliate by taking their energy back and more, but it sounds like you’re more weighed down than depleted.

What’s more of a risks humans having their own energy imbalances that you mirror in taking their energy, like, if they’re an earth person you will get more earth from them. you can’t filter an elementsl imbalance, but you can alchemise it though the constructive/destructive cycles.

5 element basics:

2 Likes

To check the relative balances of the 5 elements in your own system, you can try pulse diagnosis each wrist has pulses, 3 are fairly easy to read for yourself without much training, and will let you kow the relative strength of the qi in the main meridians (2x3).

It also occurs to me, it could simply be that you’re not useed to running energy like this, or the style isn’t right for your body.

This conversation at a qigong forum about getting fatigued doing just typical energy working forms shows how easy it is for different styles of running energy to affect people differently.

So switching it up, maybe drawing nergy from the Sun instead of the Earth, or straight from the Cosmos (reach out past everything to the edge of the universe as far as you can imagine) might gel better with your system. For water, any waterfalls on hiking trails near you are ideal. The cores of the earth and sun are metal as well as yang too.

Yet another factor could be where you do it, if you are geomantically over a ley line, over an underground stream, or near vortexes, taking from the earth that’s altered by these can be interesting. Sleeping near vortexes has been thought to cause cancers, so they’re probably best treated cautiously.

1 Like

I’ll definitely look a little more into qi studies. Though the energy has never negatively affected me while I am working on it, so I am not sure if it would be that the types of energy I am taking in aren’t meshing with my system. One of the theories I had as well was that I am putting my body into a highly energetic state right before sleep, and because of that, though I am sleeping, my body is maintaining that high energy and not feeling rested at the end of the night, potentially.

1 Like

I have read there is a possibility, and a danger, when feeding energetically that you could accidentally pass your energy into the target if you are not careful enough. Maybe you are too connected to the person and cant help but to “reverse the flow” a bit? Or perhaps, you just need more work with the “fundamentals” of energy feeding

In my experience, much like regular eating, if I take in more than what I need, I will exhaust it over the night and wake up feeling sluggish. Kind of like a leak. It also depends if I have properly filtered my energy source or not.

On the rare occasion, if I’m not completely conscious of how I assimilated the energy in my body, I’ll end up feeling less than optimal.

Do you regularly binge or is this only on occasion?

1 Like

Really good point. I have started to get the habit of taking in more energy than I most likely need to, even through I don’t feed this way super often, so I will try again in the near future, but use up all of the excess in ritual or just ground it out when I don’t need it.

1 Like

Ah yeah. When I used to drain in surplus, especially if it comes from the Earth since it is plentiful, I would wound up feeling “overfed”. More like a caffeine rush where I didn’t know what to do with all this energy and eventually end up crashing at some point. Same principle as eating too many snacks, imo.

I usually recommend incremental feeding if you’re taking from a bountiful source. A little bit more each time, maybe 3 times a week to acclimate your body to it. Though, I’d warn that you might feel withdrawal if you end up fasting for a long period soon after. I know that I did.

I’m sure you know your limits. Grounding is definitely an A+ method or taking excess energy into building protections/energy shields isn’t so much of a bad idea either, if you don’t want to drain it back into the source. Since I know it feels like a waste sometimes.

1 Like