Virgin parchment and Grimorium Verum (True Grimoire)

Hello. Quick question here. I recently acquired Grimorium Verum by Joseph H Peterson and for the spells, virgin parchment is used, which is made from the skin of a virgin lamb cut with a consacrated knife. Now, obviously I don’t have acces to any type of skin of any virgin creature so that’s out of the question. So what is a good substitute for virgin parchment? Preferably something that’s a little easier to aquire.

2 Likes

Blank paper is fine. In that context the word virgin denoted parchment that had not been used before. These things were often deliberately obfuscated to confound and keep away the uninitiated.

8 Likes

That is then. Our papers now is made from trees. So an unused (virgin) clean A4 paper is a substitute. It’s what I use.

3 Likes

Have you had any success with Grimorium Verum and did you made all those wands, daggers, etc?

1 Like

the paper or parchment paper is all right, if you have to pour blood on it I recommend the absorbent paper that works best … make all those wands and daggers etc is fine if you want to do that kind of magic, there are things that are usable without … but I think a little everyone who started with classic things have done those things and then maybe leave them somewhere in their magical path … I suggest you do things based on what you want realize in the sense you need the sword and the braziers with the circle for an evocation, build those and then do the evocation and so on … the results, I think many of those who are here have achieved results with this and other types of occult magic, the result however depends a lot on how much you are skilled in doing the ritual and to control yourself to communicate with the spirits etc … if you do not have this kind of magic training it’s all pretty useless …

3 Likes

Oh yes.

Not all. Mostly the Lamen and some of the characters/seals there. And made used of the Pentacles in the key of Solomon (all on A4 paper).

3 Likes

POINT!

Big point!

3 Likes

They’re right, it just means unused. In the past it was common to reuse parchment, often washing off the old ink and turning the page sideways, because it was so expensive. The idea is that mixing up paper could maybe ruin the ritual, distract the operator, whatever. Keeping things clean and new makes them easier to work with, but right now that’s a pretty easy thing to accomplish.

2 Likes

We all have to start somewhere. I have had success with some things that presented themselves as coincidences and received a bunch of signs and all that, but that’s a long long story. Full moon is approaching and I want to try different stuff.

2 Likes

in reality coincidences do not exist :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know. I should have used double quotes

1 Like

Hello, in my experience the most useful parts of that grimoire are the conjurations found for the various spirits. I have used the “Conjuration for Lesser Spirits” to evoke Clauneck, as well as his sigil found in that book, to great success.

You honestly don’t need to do most of the stuff the book tells you to. Simply gazing upon/opening the sigil, reciting the conjuration, and then speaking your request to Clauneck (while feeling as though it has already come about) will work just fine.

One thing I would add, though, after reciting the conjuration at the part where it says “Come, [spirit],” add the following:
“Come, [spirit], by the power of the Sacred Names of El, Elohim, Adonai.”

This will give the magick some extra power, as it strengthens your Divine Authority. If you don’t know what that means, honestly don’t worry about, just do the magick and you’ll do great!

2 Likes

I know about the sacred names, but I have refused to use them in my evocations/calls because I didn’t want to constrain the demon or something. Should I start using this for extra potency?

I am planning to also do an evocation tonight (because tonight will be a full moon) with a black surface as I don’t have a mirror and was thinking to skip the divine names, circles and authority stuff, you know? Something like whatever will happen, will happen

1 Like

So that’s a pretty common misconception people have about Divine Names and circles and whatnot. No worries, but allow me to clarify a bit.

The main reason you use the Divine Names is not to reign in an unruly demon, but to show the demon that you’re a being who commands respect and authority. Basically, why should this immensely powerful demon listen to a puny human like you? Because you’re not just a puny human, you are Divine.

I like the way the author Gordon White puts it. With spirits, “we announce ourselves loudly, and then we make friends.” Show the demon that you’re a powerful being, that you are a mighty Emperor speaking to their loyal councilor, and they’ll work for you much more effectively than if you beg or implore the demon for help.

Koetting also did a video recently about how magick circles actually empower the demon, rather than enslaving them. The circle essentially helps to boost your own power and makes you more visible in the astral. This gives the demon more power to work with, and will help them communicate with you.

Happy I could help friend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will this be ok even with Lucifer himself?

Yep, it’ll work just fine. With Lucifer in particular I also like to include the Name Vovin, as that connects you to other Luciferian magicians as well, strengthening all your power and the Draconian Current.

Remember the serpent in the Garden of Eden? This Name invokes that Luciferian stream of power, to my understanding, though followers of the Draconian Tradition would be able to explain in more detail.

2 Likes

So I will be doing this tonight. I will use Gordon Winterfield’s Demons of Magick book method with the circle of light and 4 angels, Uriel, Gabriel, Michael and Raphael, then use the divine names and the rest freestyle I guess. Sounds alright? I want to mention that I have done meditations on Lucifer previously, this time will be more of an invocation. And I don’t particularly have any requests, I just want to build a relationship with HIM

1 Like

Staples.com has Vellum paper. They are made from animal skins.

That’s a fantastic way of going about things, though I also include the Ritual to Wield Power (the meditation with the black circle sigil). This is a way of connecting to your Shadow, the Black Sun within, and will empower your work with any demonic being.

One thing to try as well is to draw a Flaming Trident in the air in front of you right before you invoke him, and say the words, “With the Flaming Trident, I open the gates to the Void, and I invoke thee, NN!” where NN is the aspect of Lucifer you are invoking. This method is from Awakening Lucifer, which I highly recommend if you are interested in doing just that.

2 Likes

What is the ritual to wield power? Where can I find it? And also, Awakening Lucifer is a book? Sorry if I ask stupid questions, I’m just really tired right now