Vince’s journal of Magick

Sandalwood is what I usually offer Duke Astaroth during evocations and offerings. So the kicker is why did I smell it while meditating with Astaroths sigil? Was it manifestation or maybe just my muscle memory?

3 Likes

I would say it depends on how deep your relationship with Astaroth is. I believe that’s his sigil as your avatar, so I’d say that for your part, this spirit is very important to you. The more deeply you bond with a spirit, the easier it is to call them.

If you had the intention of contacting Astaroth, it’s not unlikely that he responded to your call. Especially if you work closely together.

3 Likes

I’ve been working with him for maybe a month but he was the spirit that I felt an instant atraction to. So I evoked him last week and kind of made a 30 day pact to help me with my Claire’s. So I guess I kind of do have a close relationship with the Duke. But I kind of feel doubt about that, being new at this and all. But I did smell sandalwood during the meditation.

3 Likes

I see. Pacted spirits, I believe, are easier to contact with less effort.

While I’m in a pact, this is based off others’ experience and not mine. Dantalion has (nearly) always been a sentence or intention away for me.

4 Likes

Im. It really sure if it is a pact or not, basically it was an agreement between the both of us to work 2 times a week for 30 days. So I guess it is a pact.
As far as contacting him he usually shows up at tarot reading when I’ve asked questions about him, and my tarot teacher also felt his presence. This is why I wish I had Claire’s so I know what is going on, but I guess that was the only way he could let me know he was there by making me smell sandalwood.

4 Likes

Isn’t there a clair for smelling things? Regardless, take it as a good sign!! What you’re doing is helping you learn more and he knows it.

4 Likes

Im sure there is a term for it but not sure what it is! I got good vibes from it so I guess you are right and it is a good sign!

3 Likes

Trust is everything. I’ve been doing offerings in the same room as my mom lately. Duchess Bune actually helped my mom without me even asking lol The more you trust the better the relationship gets. Love to see you hade dinner with your family within the presence of the might Duke.

All hail Duke Astaroth

3 Likes

There are olfactory hallucinations which involve smell, forget what the Clair term is for it.

3 Likes

Its Possible that he likes sandalwood incense? It seems as of late spirits exert their choice of incense or offering types that they like currently as opposed to correspondences.

2 Likes

Got a surprise visitor today. I wasn’t scheduled for anything today. But after I got out of the shower, I felt a strong urge to open my sigil folder, and as soon as I saw Duke Astaroths sigil it started dancing and wiggling around. And I guess he planted the idea of a green candle I have because I got a strong urge to light it for him. For some reason he is here now I feel him, and I guess the Duke keeps track of the forum because I got a feeling something was just no right I asked if he liked the candle pendulum swung yes, asked if he liked the incense pendulum swung NO. And I was like say again over! I wasn’t expecting a no! So I asked if he would like copal incense (only have sandalwood and copal) pendulum swung yes. So I tell you I guess @Mike_Bee is spot on when he says spirits love to have a choice.
I must say also Duke Astaroth has a sense of humor I asked if he wanted me to put out the sandalwood pendulum swung big no! Asked if he wanted the copal after the sandalwood went out pendulum for a strong yes :+1: :joy:
This pendulum thing I’m digging it. Now I’m pretty much convinced that it is not my thought or convictions that move the thing, I sure wasn’t expecting a NO. Now my problem is for evocation should I use sandalwood o copal?? Im not good at multiple choice questions with the pendulum so I might have to figure out a way to ask him with out confusing the hell out of me.

5 Likes

Today Is Saturday family grilling! So as there will be beer I asked Duke Astaroth if he would like a cold one. So I offered him some dark Modelo Especial beer. As soon as I set it down in front of the sigil, the candle flickered and went tall! Asked him if he liked it the pendulum swung a big yes!
Hail Astaroth!
Thanks for your surprise visit.

5 Likes

Quick question is it normal for the sigil to dance around through the cámara lense ? While I took the pictures the sigil was dancing around as if I was looking at the paper seal!

3 Likes

Not that Ive experienced with taking pictures of sigils, though in the dark with the camera flash, you may see different colored orbs near the candle. I would use the color as a guid to see if it matched with the intent of my ritual.

As far as a sigil moving, Ive only tried opening it through a laptop screen, phone or paper. Paper is definitely easiest for me to open, if I’m trying to do that, not so much with electronics however.

Take your sigil of Astaroth that you drew, pouring your passion, imagination and will into. Now compare that to an ordinary jpeg of the seal.
Or, take @C.Kendall talisman keys, and compare looking at it on the computer screen or phone screen, compared to trying to actually draw them.

Same thing with a seal of Lilith a decade exactly ago, when I first tried to contact her, I drew this one particular sigil Id found somewhere, and etched and scratched the lines so much I imbued it with my will and energy, where LadyEva once saw it and remarked about it at the time.

So that may be the reason it moved for you, you poured so much energy and passion into it, and it came by to say hello.

3 Likes

An 8 hour candle burned in about 6 hours!
I hope Duke Astaroth enjoyed it!

Hail Astaroth!

5 Likes

Looks like Duke Astaroth left me a heart!

I think he enjoyed the time spent in my home, and the poem I recited to him while spending time in front of his sigil and candle! I recited Fire and Ice, by Robert Frost!

5 Likes

Claires training day 3.

Well today was a slow ritual, I didn’t have a clear mind going in to my temple. Although I did feel a presence and questions were answered with the pendulum I have yet to hear anything. I did notice that i closed my eyes to try to concentrate and really listen Duke Astaroths sigil flashed with my eyes closed, although it was very brief. I asked questions that I knew the answer to and asked that he reply as loud as he could that I might hear. The pendulum answered accordingly. But I didn’t hear anything, although my left part of my head above my left ear tingled and hurt a little bit. I asked the Duke if I should quit Magick after our agreement is up, the pendulum swung no. After license to depart I stayed on the floor and tried to clear my mind.
Personally speaking, I get frustrated at not advancing in hearing the Duke. It seems that I make 1 step forward and 2 steps back. But then again other times I feel intuition is powerful and I follow it, and then it is non existent. The other thing that makes me doubt is wether or not it is me moving the pendulum or if it id the spirit. I’ve yet to ask a question of divination to test the pendulum, so I might have to try that. Another thing is what could I ask that the Duke help me manifest to help me gain more confidence in my magick?
The more I think things through I realize that it is me mostly screwing myself with the negative thoughts but I think it might be normal to feel this ways.
All in all I can say that I have made some advances, and that I have had great experiences, so I really shouldn’t let my doubts get the better of me, but it is easier said than done!

Thank you Duke Astaroth for coming to my temple, and thanks for your patience!

Hail Duke Astaroth!

5 Likes

Claires training day 4.

Today was a good experience. Although I forgot my cold glass of water on the kitchen table, Duke Astaroth came quick but very subtle energy shift, 5 minutes into the enn the candles started going crazy and flickering. Felt the energy shift although it was very subtle (maybe I am getting used to his energy).
Asked for him to tell me his name loudly and for him to hold my hand for the pendulum to move. Asked permission to turn the enn off for i wanted to consentrate pendulum swung yes. Tell me your name loudly left ear tingled, heard nothing. Asked other questions yes no type….my hand started tingling asked if it was him holding my hand, pendulum swung yes. I asked for him to squeeze my hand tightly and I must say I felt it, a strong tingly sensation. Again I didn’t hear anything and asked more questions. I asked again if I was making progress he did yes. So I asked if he would protect me on my road trip today (I have a meeting tomorrow early in the morning I’m another city) he said yes, I asked him if he would be willing protect my wife and kid while I’m gone strong yes. Thanked him gave license
To depart and lit a candle and incense just for him.
My clairaudience might not be getting developed but my touch most definetly is. The dukes energy must be doing something to my root chakra because it seems every time we have a session I get aroused.
Thanks Duke Astaroth, for hearing my calls and for your patience with this newbie, you my friend have
My respect and gratitude!

Hail Duke Astaroth!

4 Likes

I see you out there getting it in man. Good job on Clair’s training keep it up.

It’s not unusual to find one sense perhaps touch in your case is stronger than the others. Work that strongest strength until it’s clear. The rest will follow.

4 Likes

Thanks for your advice and comforting/reassuring words. I will keep working till I get it! But I can’t figure out what to ask to see if I can hear the Duke! Today I got up and started thinking of King Paimon, did a little search on the forum, didn’t have good cel coverage all day, as soon as I got home in Facebook I got a suggestion to join a king Paimon group, not sure if it is a shout out or Google listening! But I must say the energy and hand squeezing is awesome, I feel it!! Maybe I’m more of a feeler! Lol thanks Mike!

4 Likes