Ubi and shapeshifting

When did the belief in the shapeshifting ability come about? Is it something people use to justify their anime waifu delusions or is it older than that?
It seems like old descriptions and depictions were much less attractive — imp-like, demonic, nightmarish, etc.
When did demons become hot guys and gals as opposed to what used to be illustrated?
Did anyone in the past — not under torture — ever admit to spirit attraction? Suddenly they’re all Deviantart pinups now.
Does their appearance change with society, and we just never know what they truly look like?

4 Likes

Some of their natural forms are actually really unappealing , people only post what their cognitive bias hears them towards of what they see in their minds eye , they can look like humans too , just depends , they are diverse

6 Likes

Yeah, true. I’ve been trying to think of any of the ancient and medieval artwork that was actually “sexy,” lol. Things sure have changed.

1 Like

Hollyweird & the whole media and showbiz world.

Vampires were traditionally understood as vile corpse/leech things, parasites that had no redeeming qualities, until Hollyweird got stuck in. I’d say more, but, politics… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Lol oh my goodness, Hollywood, you are so right! I had forgotten about the vampire transformation. I guess that started with Lugosi.

On a related note, I’m also curious about the idea of “they don’t care what we look like, it’s an energy thing” which leads to unconventionally-attractive people posting threads and YouTube videos about how much astral sex they’re getting and how many spirit spouses/lovers they have.

1 Like

Your shitty information was worse

Actually, it began a hundred years before Hollywood even existed so they are not completely to blame. They just took what was already established in the romantic literature by Stoker, Polidori, and La Fanu, and ran with it.

6 Likes

Oh right Darkestknight, I forgot about the novels and spiritualism movement of the, uh, I think Victorian period. And the fake photos and seances and such.

1 Like

I ultimately decided to refrain from a metaphysical argument that because of my results I already won

Doesn’t make any sense , it’s not as linear as won , you were trying to give advice and it was bad ,

Books = media.

But it took Hollyweird to turn vampires from monsters killed by heroes, into the actual heroes.

3 Likes

I read from multiple books and videos they look like worms or zombie insects in your aura , but since the astral is so fluid and malleable they take on whatever form

What are you two dudes arguing about?

1 Like

I was wondering that as well! :laughing:

2 Likes

He gave me shitty advice in the past about succubi and says my posts about it were annoying in the past , and said he “won” an argument regarding it , don’t know don’t care

Very interesting.Lets not pollute the thread anymore tho. :joy:

1 Like

Could you please take it elsewhere? :+1:

1 Like

I said I’m done

1 Like

I’m not so sure about that. As a fan of vampire movies growing up, I’m hard pressed to think of a movie where the vampire was the good guy (I’m old so this would be pre-Twilight) Even Lugosi’s Count, which arguably could be credited with making vampires into sophisticated gentlemen, was ultimately hunted down and killed at the end. :thinking:

1 Like

I should add that the transformation was probably inevitable though, with or without Hollywood or the literary romance genre getting the ball rolling. Sex and death have always been entwined within humanity and even ancient cultures often saw them as two sides of the same coin.