Tutorial, Napoleon's "Book Of Fate" aka The Empire Builder's Oracle

Probably not:

mar
/mär/
verb
verb: mar; 3rd person present: mars; past tense: marred; past participle: marred; gerund or present participle: marring

impair the appearance of; disfigure.
"no wrinkles marred her face"
synonyms:	spoil, impair, disfigure, detract from, blemish, scar; More
mutilate, deface, deform
"an ugly scar marred his features"
spoil, ruin, impair, damage, wreck;
harm, hurt, blight, taint, tarnish, sully, stain, pollute;
informalfoul up;
formalvitiate
"the celebrations were marred by violence"
antonyms:	enhance
    impair the quality of; spoil.
    "violence marred a number of New Year celebrations"
1 Like

I suppose it’s a positive answer. It does not say that it will be positive but it did say ,"wondrously “. That I think confirms positivity, stating therein how you will mar the subject. So maybe it can be translated to an answer like,” You will change/alter/reface it in an amazing/favourable way.

I think it needs another reading, using Q. 8 or Q. 9 (the closest to simple “Yes/No” questions in there), to ask for more info - asking the same question over and over isn’t advisable, but asking for more info on what the answer meant is fine.

I’ve never had that reply, because it’s not a question I’ve asked other than when requested, so I don’t know quite what it’s on about there!

1 Like

This is not specifically mentioned in the instructions. I gather this is simply for ones own records?

"***** If thou art careful, thou wilt marry exceedingly well."

This certainly isn’t what I was expecting with “Inform me of any or all particulars which relate to the woman I shall marry”

1 Like

[quote=“Illustrious, post:45, topic:4467”]

“*****
If thou art careful, thou wilt marry exceedingly well.”

This certainly isn’t what I was expecting with “Inform me of any or all particulars which relate to the woman I shall marry”[/quote]

Eva has said this before in the thread,the Book of Fate is surprisingly yes/no in the sense that it may sometimes exaggerate things by telling you to(for example) prepare your tomb if you asked it to confirm whether or not you are ill.But take this as a good sign.If you’re looking for someone special,you might just meet someone,if you tread carefully.If you’ve got someone special,and want to take things to the next level,then it will happen if you tread carefully.And if you’re already married,and things are well,then they will stay that way,again,if you tread carefully.

1 Like

Yes, and also to verify accuracy after the event, if it’s something where the answer can be checked. I highly recommend doing this with all divination methods, they don’t have to be elaborate but some kind of gauge of accuracy is useful.

[quote=“Illustrious, post:45, topic:4467”]

“*****
If thou art careful, thou wilt marry exceedingly well.”

This certainly isn’t what I was expecting with “Inform me of any or all particulars which relate to the woman I shall marry”[/quote]

I agree with what Arcane said, I think it also means that for all the uncertainties you’ve had in the past, you may well marry someone who has a level of material comfort and perhaps social status that exceeds most of the people you normally meet.

But you’ll need to be careful to get her, which probably means watching for your specific weaknesses and so on, and making sure they don’t get in the way.

Didn’t This book also have something to do with a fabled “Little Red Man”?

Doesn’t ring a bell with me, there is a version going round that has all sorts of other folklore added though, so it may be connected to that?

http://www.rense.com/general81/nap.htm

Yea I messed up. It was another book Napoleon used.

So here is the question I asked

“If I cast a spell to breakup a relationship between (person 1) and (person 2), Will I succeed in breaking them apart?”

This was the response: “The man who boasts most his readiness to befriend thee, will, in adversity be the first to desert thee.”

My first thought …was that it means it will backfire.

Do any of you see it differently?

Looks like a warning of a backfire to me - what it’s describing is apparent success, followed by failure.

" If thou hast enough of earthly goods, therewith be content, and run no risks"

What does that mean in response to " shall I be successful in my current love spell?"

I’d take it as a No, and to be focused on what you have instead of pining after what you can’t quite have. JMO.

1 Like

How are people making their own questions? I thought you had to pick from one of the 32?

I posted a list of the question with my own notes on how the questions can be adapted, here - this is something that was suggested in the book (the edition is in the OP) and it does work, it’s saved me from mistakes or miss-steps a few times. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some times it’s a little tough finding a question among the 32 that matches exactly, or pretty close, to your question. I either go with my gut, or try to look at them metaphorically, what they represent, so to speak.

Can the Oraculum be validly used in a process of elimination,
within a single session?

If exactly the same question should not be asked twice,
is it acceptable to have a list, and use a question over and over to eliminate the list, changing only the subject?

Possibly - I would do it, but I’d keep the list short, say the top 3 or 5 options only, and STOP if I felt any negativity or heavy feeling, but you could also do a reading on this very question - using say Q. 8 or 9, “If I work through a list in this manner… (insert rest of wording)?” to get the Book’s own answer.

I believe there’s a powerful force with considerable self-awareness/consciousness underlying the Book, I was told it’s a created soul originating with Thoth, perhaps even earlier, as a gift to those who seek wisdom, and in my experience it can convey answers or requests for things.

1 Like

In various situations, Instead of reporting on the success or failure of magic,
the oracles seem to warn against “rashness,” “injustice,” etc.

Is the spirit perhaps guided by the ancient Egyptian (or some other) morality?