Trying to Find Birth Parents:

Hmm, yeah. I was thinking of that. It would have to be something more close to “home”.

23andme, and even those others probably won’t get me far. From what I know about my bio parents, they have no cellphones and probably no other real ways to get into the internet. So I doubt id find them through anything online. Would need to be more in person, or something.

Plus since my parents were orphans too (from the same Orphanage as me, so maybe I could use that) I doubt they know any family either. Or anyone knows them (like anyone blood related)

2 Likes

If you know the names of the towns, someone in thst town or the nearest town to them has internet and a phone. It would be easy or efficient, but if you did work for money, you could pay for someone to locate them and give them a message personally. Someone from the orphanage, from the only shop in town where they could buy and sell goods etc.

Think real old school, before the internet and postal services existed.

1 Like

I can do the money part, it’s just as with my experience with Ukraine… Basically the more money you give the more information they’ll willing to give/etc. Was the case with my own adoption lol. Least from my adoptive parents views.

I do have alot of documents, and did consider that. However the area my parents came from might not be any better off either - was known for being a poor area and alcohol abuse (which unfortunately my bio parents were drinkers) + short life span due to the drinking and living conditions.

The issue with the documents are, I’m guessing there’s alot of small translation errors. From Ukrainian to English

I was thinking I could (once locating them) could buy them cheap phones or something (probably cheaper where they are) and that would aid in communication.

I was also thinking the Ukrainian Consulate near me, might help. Or the embassy, but Consulate might be easier to get through, however that could get more costly.

2 Likes

Yup my suggestion is borderline too spicy for community standards :joy: but the right well connected local can get information. Play it smart.

2 Likes

That’s probably what I’ll do. Find a local near where my father is located, then contact him… And soon enough with his help (basically ask him about my mother’s whereabouts) find my mother… Something like that…

2 Likes

Always meet in a very public restaurant or place to exchange money for information. No matter what.

2 Likes

I don’t live in Ukraine. I don’t have the time or money to go all the way over there (In US). It would be through phone calls, and stuff like that.

2 Likes

Try this, as well: The Angel Of Lost Things - Sigil & Information

And go to Enormous List Of Demons, get the PDF, and then search within it for terms like “hidden treasure.”

5 Likes

I think the demon list pdf are all dead links now. :cry:

3 Likes

Worked for me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I had to open the pdf

2 Likes

Nope, worked fine for me just seconds ago, it’s on archive.org though and occasionally they have maintenance outages so try back later if that happens.

May I suggest, as well, that you contact a friendly Global Moderator when you find a broken link on here? :thinking:

A friendly, charming Global Moderator, who is also a part time Angel of Lost Things, perhaps?

Cheers! :+1:

3 Likes

Ugh the pdf link keeps giving me this

2 Likes

Wait that’s you!? I didn’t know that!

2 Likes

That looks like the direct link to the old site.

This is the direct link to the archived version: https://web.archive.org/web/20150109104218/http://www.magicgatebg.com/Books/INDEXII/Demon%20List.pdf

2 Likes

I become as one with the Angel sometimes, no biggie, it’s not “me” as such, we just share some runtime in this nexion.

2 Likes

that’s fucking cool! :star_struck:

1 Like

Thanks, I had to open it in a different browser wasn’t loading with safari at all

3 Likes

Maybe Safari was trying to bypass the archive.org part and go to the site? :thinking:

4 Likes

I’ll be sure to check out the links in my free time, later today! :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah it kept redirecting to the old site

3 Likes