True Profanity

Sure, and I’m not preaching that you MUST profane the current you’ve bound yourself to, but:

… is basically the same as someone whose life was saved from something (despair, addiction, whatever) by their Christian faith, and that’s a LOT of people, over time, not to mention miracles that heal people, and people who work closely with saints.

I’m glad for you, glad for them, because when you get a break in life it’s noble to thank the spirits that assisted you, but remaining bound to them and subject to them, whether for a lifetime or for eternity, is different to being truly master of your own fate.

Belief is the power here, that combined with the godhead within each person, and when you give that away it’s like getting a logbook loan on your car and then having to pay interest each week on top simply to keep what was already your own property.

And, this isn’t my weird noodling, this is the core insight of Hinduism and Buddhism, and even mystics within Xianity and Islam have realised the same to be true - that “God” and man and parts of the same continuum.

Also, I wasn’t addressing this bump AT you, just a general idea because we have a lot of people showing up who think they’re bound for hell or must serve some spirit, and if you choose that, cool, but it’s NOT all the LHP is about, and in many cases it’s just religion taking new forms.

The opposite of slavery is not just more slavery, only with different coloured chains.

1 Like

@Lady_Eva I suppose we will have to agree to disagree on a lot of these points. One last thing though, the way I approach this is not that of a worshipper begging to be saved, but a humble student wishing to learn from a Teacher (the Spirit). I wouldn’t say it’s the same thing as Christianity. There it’s blind clinging to a higher power begging to be saved. I seek to LEARN from the Spirits not simply beg them for help every time.

1 Like

For me regardless of what forces i am working with or have worked with.
Elements, the planets,Angels, demons, old ones, norse gods, dedra, ect.(hell of a medley I work With :grin:) I work with them not for them. I work for my own development and evolution.

And in the spirit of heresy i summon a great a terrible old one.

:grin:

2 Likes

Not so, that’s a more modern thing, the idea that belief alone will save you and not deeds or personal spirituality.

Anchorites would wall themselves up, monks and nuns renounced normal life, even speaking normally was sacrified in some cases, and many religious people would undergo fasting and moritication of the flesh, all in hopes of ascending via personal actions to a different plane where they would be in the company of God and the saints, and Jesus.

Eastern Orthodox Christians focus on transfiguration, Muslims seek to emulate the Perfect Man Mohammed… a lot of religious people have worked and con tinue to work very hard to better themselves along the lines of their faith, and they can on occasion accomplish miracles because their faith is so intense they blur the line between will and godhead.

@Lady_Eva Well, agree to disagree I suppose. I think we’ve gotten quite a good discussion topic here though.

1 Like

That moment your brain points to an example of NO THING being above the capacity of the cuteness filter :laughing: not even King Azazel

Or the king of asgard Odin himself

1 Like