Training Your Astral Body for Work with Thought-forms and Tulpas

It’s the next step immediately after self-possession.

Correct, then if I do breaths of energy will I automatically charge my astral body with energy if I complete the self-possession?
Or is it a good idea to charge my astral body with energy before self-possession, when I visualize my astral body floating above me?

You charge yourself up after self-possession. Visualize the energy pouring in with each inward breath.

1 Like

Elementary Thought-Forms

Now we’re going to learn how to work with the most rudimentary thought-forms: spheres of light with very simple thoughts and commands coded into them. These are primarily useful for manipulating your own body and mental state. You can use this to relieve pain and inflammation, alleviate symptoms of illness, and generally alter your mood/mental state and the way you feel. If you can’t think of any specific goal in mind, you can practice making different parts of your body feel hot or cold.

In the previous exercise, you learned how to flood your astral body with energy and compress it down to a dot. This time, instead of a dot, we’re going to take it down to a white sphere of light the size of a baseball. Take your sphere of light and raise it up into your forehead. Now imagine what it is you want the sphere to do. For an example, let’s say you have a cramp in your right hand and you want to alleviate it. So you imagine a visual representation of your hand with a cramp - you might see a simple illustration of your hand with red shading where the cramp is. Now create an animation that shows the cramp fading away and your hand returning to a normal, pain-free state. Give the verbal command, “Stop the pain, end the cramp.” This works best when you keep a light touch - a quick visual encoding of the goal and a quick, simple command. The simpler they are, the more effective they’ll be. Take your visually encoded command and your verbal command and imagine “pushing” them into the sphere of light so that the sphere becomes programmed with them. You have now created an elementary thought-form - very simple, clear thoughts, images and commands encoded into the form of a sphere of light.

Now we’re going to send our thought-form to the location it needs to go to manifest - in this case your right hand. We’re going to use the electricity of the nervous system as fuel. We’re going to imagine the sphere of light going into the brain and attaching itself to an electrical nerve impulse. That impulse now streaks through the nervous system like lightning - down the spine, down the arms, across the nerves, to the hand. See and feel the thought-form move like a streak from your brain to your hand and imagine that the natural message-carrying electrical impulses of your nervous system are carrying it. See it arrive at your hand, go into the cramp area and go into effect.

Now, it took forever to explain all that, but in practice it should only take 15 to 30 seconds to perform. Starting out, feel free to take a minute or two, but faster and simpler is better. Continuing with our cramp example, by simply performing this exercise one time, you may not notice any difference. However, if you repeat the process three to five times, creating the same thought-form and sending it to your hand over and over, you might be surprised to find that your cramp is totally gone in under five minutes. In magic, you will get better, more consistent results by creating the same, small thought-form over and over again. I call this setting a trend.

You can use this method to alter your mental state. You can recreate any mental state you’ve ever been in, including drug-induced states. When you’re programming the light sphere, just create the feeling you want in your imagination-it’s easiest if you can remember a time you felt that way. For example, to counteract depression, you would remember a time you felt euphoric and press that feeling into the light sphere with a command like, “Get happy.” Instead of sending the sphere to a particular spot in your body, see it going down your spine and then releasing across your entire nervous and endocrine system so that your body can create the electro-chemical state desired.

I know this seems very simplistic but it works and is powerful, and with a little practice you can build it up in to bigger things. The better you get at simple thought-forms, the better you’ll be at big ones. If you want a much more in-depth presentation of these exercises and the biology and concepts behind them, along with more structured exercises to really master manipulating your body and mental state with basic thought-forms, get your hands to the book Cyclomancy.

16 Likes

Great read.
Keep it coming bro :blush:

1 Like

I feel like I can do the exercises, but out of curiosity, what books/things did you have in mind here?

1 Like

I would just do a really basic energy breathing where you imagine light energy pulling in through your skin with each inward breath. Any basic technique will do. If I had a specific energy in mind that I wanted, I would see my astral body extending through space to that energy and siphoning it to me. That’s a very abstract action that’s difficult to tell anyone exactly how to do, other than just telling them what to imagine.

3 Likes

Write when I Read the part about recalling a time you felt euphoric, I got a rush of that precious giddy pressure in my heart… but then again, euphoria is my forte.

Kinds of Thought-Forms

Now that we’ve covered the three basic techniques we’ll be using, I want to spend some time describing the types of thought-forms we’ll be covering. The method for incubating and developing each of these is the same, though the process gets longer and more elaborate as the thought-forms grow in complexity.

First up are servitors. These are one-off spirits that have a single, simple function - bringing you information, finding your keys, finding you money, etc. These are functional, simple, and don’t really have developed personalities.

Next are daimons or spirit vehicles. This is your own miniature copy of an established entity – the thought-form you create for it serves as an etheric and astral vehicle through which it can more powerfully manipulate the world around you. This might be a god from a particular pantheon or an angel from a grimoire for example. The form and personality you give the daimon will generally be dictated by the way the spirit has appeared to you previously, so the development will be gradual and organic. The purpose of the daimon is to allow a spirit you are already working with to have a much more powerful presence in your life and rituals.

Finally, we’ll be dealing with Tulpas, which I like to call characters since that word really captures both the spirit in which they are created and the way they are experienced and employed. This is a fictional character you design from scratch–defining its appearance, personality, desires, abilities, etc. The process is a cross between an author inventing a character and an actor creating a role - the character is made by you and lives through you. The main purpose for creating them is to manifest them through a living person - for example, creating a Tulpa who has a particular ability or character trait you desire, then manifesting that character through your own body so that those attributes emerge in you. This is some of the most powerful magic you can do, and while it may sound conceptual or psychological in description, it is a very real and life-changing experience.

7 Likes

Can you use thought forms to change your soul?

Also, can you imprint the energy of a Tarot card like the Chariot onto the Tulpa in order to manifest the qualities of the the Card through you?

In mantrayana, the path of mantra this will be called becoming mantramaya, a. K. A becoming one with that diety. In Raja yoga it is called Samayama, copying that entity entirety into one’s mind/consciousness through samadhi. What you are providing here is Most Top Notch Spiritual practice. Will be waiting for it eagerly.

1 Like

You can use whatever input you want. It would probably be more useful to utilize the Court cards since they have established personalities.

2 Likes

Creating Servitors

Before you can create a servitor, you need to decide what it’s function is going to be. It should have a single, simple area it specializes in. For example, it could speed up and slow down your experience of time. Or it could find lost objects for you. Next you need to select a physical object to house it - this will anchor it to t he physical plane and make it more powerful. Since servitors are simple, you can use pretty much any kind of object you want - stones, jewelry, figurines, stuffed animals. The physical housing you choose for a spirit will effect its appearance, so pick something you like that feels right. Now you need to develop an appearance for the servitor and give it a name. There are many methods for choosing names and appearances for spirits - I recommend channeling and seeing what develops in your imagination.

For my example, I’ve decided to make a servitor who finds lost objects. For housing I’ve selected a small pair of toy binoculars. I grab a pad and pen, go into a channeling/creative mindset and start brainstorming the attributes that I want my servitor to have and what I think he looks like. In my mind a see a white legless, cloaked figure who floats through the air, can glide and extend everywhere. He has big goggle eyes that can zoom and peer and see everything. His forehead sends out waves like radar that penetrate everything in my environment and can see anywhere. I think of the word Perceive and decide on the name him Percy. I take crayons or color pencils and draw him as I see him, and underneath I write the name Percy along with a bulleted list of his attributes.

Now it’s time to create the servitor, charge him, and place him in his housing. I lie down on my back and perform the self-possession technique and flood my astral body with energy. Now I begin to visualize and imagine Percy. I see him in my mind, looking him over, building his features - I imagine him in greater and great detail - slowly he becomes more and more vivid, more and more real. I go over his attributes in my mind, imagining each one–I see and feel him doing all the things he is able to do. I spend ten to fifteen minutes building him up until he reaches a point of intensity where a sort of dream takes over and he really begins to feel like a real character to me.

Now I possess myself with Percy. I imagine his body and image rising up in me – filling my entire physical and astral body – filling out all of my space - rising up to the point of saturation. The “body” of the servitor fills up the space of my astral body, which shifts into the shape of the servitor. The energy and substance of my astral body now fuel and embody the servitor. When I feel saturated/possessed by Percy, I now begin to “animate” Percy as myself - I play to role of Percy in my imagination. I imagine all his attributes and experience them as though they are my own. I imagine how his mind works and I let my own mind work that way. I feel myself floating through the room, my eyes zooming in to find objects, the waves coming out of my head and penetrating everything.

This is the most important part of the exercise and you can’t spend too much time on it. You might see yourself as an actor bringing a character to life, or a child playing make believe. The important this is that you are possessed by this entity and actively live its thoughts, movements, and attributes. You are creating it as you live it, so really live it. For Tulpas, it will be critical to allow the spirit to move and speak through your body, so practice that now while it’s easy with servitors. Also remember that all of the energy you have raised is flooding into the spirit and your astral body is creating a form for it.

Once the possession builds to a point of intensity where it feels the spirit is almost taking over, now it is time to place the spirit in its physical vessel. Perform the arrow technique - condense your astral body–still possessed by the servitor–down to a dot and shoot it out into the center of the physical housing - in this case the toy binoculars. Once it hits its target, it blows out to fill the entire space of that object. Now imagine the outer layer of this astral form developing a thick skin and taking on the shape of the physical object. Imagine that the skin locks and seals the astral form into the object. When you feel the astral form “take” to the physical object and lock itself in, you have completed the exercise. Allow it to settle overnight before you begin working with the spirit.

You work with the servitor as you would any other spirit-using the physical housing as the link or talismanic connection that takes the place of something like a sigil or icon. Periodically, you should re-charge your servitor. You do this by repeating the entire process described above - re-possessing yourself with the servitor. This time you pull its body out of the vessel in order to possess you, then place it back when your finished. The more you repeat this exercise, the more it will build the spirit up and the stronger it will be. For daimons and Tulpas, we will be repeating the exercise many times, so it might be a good idea to get your practice in with servitors.

10 Likes

Is there any upper limit of how many servitors/tulpas one can create, have at any certain point of time.

If I want my servitor to influence people, would I imagine it whispering in the target’s ear everything I want them to do? Is that a good way to do it?

Awesome tutorial!

I’m a little confused at this part. After we “lock” our astral body into our physical body, the next repetition of the exercise starts off imagining it free-floating above us, so does it escape our physical body again after the completion of the exercise?

1 Like

Self-possession is a preliminary to magical work. So you’ll be following it with something else. For our purposes, you move straight from self-possession to saturation. The exercises build on one another, which is why I’m presenting them in a certain order.

1 Like

That’s one way to do it. I would see it connecting to people’s nervous systems, getting in sync with them, and hijacking their thoughts.

1 Like

Since you’re creating them out of your astral body, which is infinitely expandable, there’s technically no limit to how many you create. However, keep in mind that you have to keep the fueled while you’re working with them, so it might be cumbersome to have too many cooking at once. Probably best to make one at a time.

2 Likes