To Magick Triangle or not to Magick Triangle?

So I plan on beginning to work with Flauros starting tomorrow night. I’m looking forward to it. My friend worked with him once before and she got good results. I’m looking at starting a pack with them.

However, I don’t know whether to use a magick triangle for them! I research and it says to, but then other people say not to because it’s considered insulting. I even opened up my first demonology book I got and it said that using triangles and circles and what not and how they’re really not that useful.

But when researching Flauros, it says you must put them in a triangle because if not they will lie, but in the triangle will tell the truth.

I do know when my friend summoned them, she felt as if they were disappointed. She asked them to get in the triangle because she was told if not, they would lie to her. She thought she didn’t have a good enough offering for them, but she still ended up getting the results she wanted. Do you think Flauros was possibly upset that she didn’t trust them enough to be left out of the triangle? Or was it a bad offering? She offered blood by the way.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m going to assume you mean pact not pack.

As for whether to use a triangle or not, that all depends on the system of magick you are working in.

One of the prerequisites for successful evocation is the use of a working system. A working system sets out how everything fits to together to manifest the spirit.

Some systems do not use a triangle or a circle, other systems do. Follow the directions of the system you are using. Don’t try to mix and match bits and pieces of different systems.

For example, the demonolatry approach does not work with traditional ceremonial magick, which uses circles and triangles. Demonolatry has a completely different set of operating parameters because it worships the beings it calls upon in a religious way so of course it looks at things like circles and triangles as insulting. It doesn’t mean they are though.

The system of magick EA Koetting teaches in his books Works of Darkness and Evoking Eternity uses circles and triangles. He states that the triangle is simply the place set aside for the spirit, like setting out an extra chair for a guest.

Pretty much, this is my long winded way of saying, don’t worry about what other people who work in other systems, say about using a triangle. If the system you are using says to use a triangle, then use one.

The biggest problem with beginners in magick is that they jump from system to system, without actually learning how each system works, and the differences between them, so they get confused with all the conflicting opinions. Pick one system and try it out, but work it as it is before trying to change anything.

4 Likes

I say do what you want. In Magick, it’s all about intent. If you think the triangle is to constrain or compel the entity in some way, it’s extremely disrespectful; however, if you think the triangle is a place set aside for the spirit (as @DarkestKnight described), it’s both respectful and a thoughtful gesture. You don’t have to use a triangle by any means, I very rarely use a triangle, and I get great results.

I can assure you that a triangle won’t make a spirit tell the truth, or that a lack of a triangle will make it lie. If a demon wants to tell the truth, it will, if it wants to lie, it will. If a demon does lie to you, it could be for your own benefit in some way or another.

Same goes for thinking a triangle constrains the demon, it doesn’t.

If your friend called a demon, and tried to coerce it into a triangle, and that she bought into a nonsensical dogma, that was probably why Flauros was disappointed. I don’t speak for Him, but I’m just guessing. The offering was fine, even a tiny speck of blood is an awesome offering, which is seen as the greatest thing a human can possibly offer, as blood gives the demon a degree of permanent control over the spiritual evolution of the Magickian, so Flauros is with your friend for the remainder of her life, Flauros is pretty great, I’ve met Him once or twice, and He’s very nice! It is recommended to be careful who you offer blood to, I’ve only offered mine to four; and three of those were in the same sitting, which was an intense experience that took a while to acclimate to the changes. I also recommend you don’t offer your blood to many spirits, as too many too fast can cause insanity depending on the person. So tell your friend to to be more careful, and to reserve the blood offerings for her most trusted demons. But that’s just my two cents worth.

I hope this helps you, friend!

Cheers!

1 Like

I don’t know about Flauros, but to me it seems demons will appear where they want to appear. Maybe they appear in the triangle to appease the magician, or maybe they don’t because they think it is stupid. One time I made a triangle before a goetic operation, but it got lost and then I never saw it again, or maybe I did see it again, but decided not to use it. I can’t even recall if I got to using it.
Ronove had triangle eyes when she first appeared to me during evocation. Yeah, actual triangles for eyes. I’m like WTF, are they demons or just combinations of geometric shapes? Okay, don’t answer that, it is late and I should go to bed.

The triangle is a tool of creation. It helps to pierce the veil through dimensions and excellent for manifestation of the spirits. You can also use the circle is a door between worlds ( the one from EA koetting functions excellently )

:snake:

That makes sense, thank you!

Yes thank you, helped a lot!

According to High Magick the triangle has the almost scentifical function to materialize the spirit but, since people got manifestations without it, seems like it isn’t strictly required.

1 Like