To enn or not to enn

Me too actually. I prefer telling them for example “King Paimon come to me, your Highness” than an enn.

2 Likes

I just visualize the sigil and whammo! I’m in contact.

3 Likes

Me too. You will even feel their presence after that. Or even just stare at their pic with their sigil.

2 Likes

Teach me? :heart:

2 Likes

I subconsciously chanted Azazel’s enn mentally and he told me that he has no problem with it because my intention was to call upon him and not disrespect him. Maybe it does depend upon the spirit. King Paimon doesn’t like it but King Azazel doesn’t seem to care about it.

2 Likes

Get in line. Just kidding :wink: send me a pm some time and we can get you the help you need. In the mean time. Try my original void meditation and try and see if it doesn’t help get you started.

6 Likes

Do you know of other Goetic demons that hate their enns as well?

On a related note, where do enns come from?

1 Like

If you read this thread, I already posted about their origin.

2 Likes

Oops, yes, missed that one. Very interesting; I remember first reading about them in a book by S. Connolly (sp?), so I suppose I’m not entirely surprised.

If you don’t use enns, may I ask what incantations (if any) you do use during evocation, such as the fourth in EA Koetting’s 4 Incantations?

1 Like

I personally use the Summoning of All Magical Powers conjuration to power myself up before ritual, but I don’t always use it. I would say I only use it around 30% of the time. I have also used the “Alash tad a’lash tal ashtu” chant when evoking Azazel or his Nethers, but, again, I don’t always use it when evoking them.

I have used the Conjuration to Summon Forth once or twice but didn’t really get anything from it, mainly because I haven’t committed it to memory so reading it would pull me out of trance.

5 Likes

I was literally just wondering about this and decided to search …

Something crossed my Facebook feed… A person said that enns were first mentioned in S Connolly’s work, and they theorized that she wrote them.

Hence they meant no disrespect, but were basically saying they aren’t necessary but if they work for you they work and that’s great.

2 Likes

I was wrong here. I reread Baneful Magick and according to EA in that book, enns were first recorded by a man named Alexander Willits, a demonaltor, who received them from the demons he worked with, roughly around the same time as Dee and Kelly were discovering the Enochian language, so they are not of recent origin as I originally said.

5 Likes

Thank you for searching. I was curious if that person was right about Connolly and it would have taken me waaayyy longer to hunt that down than it probably took you :grin:

1 Like

Are you from the Satan & Sons website/youtube channel? The mention of 108 and your avatar seems familiar. (And kewl beans on the enns there but I still think Uvall is missing).

Reminds me of some sort of oriental spirit. (And no not DBZ which reminds me of a Hawaiian spirit)

There’s some inks to enns on various sites including listings Goetia and Dukante (I’d of thought there would be more). There are pronunciation guides and videos.

I believe there is a difference from
mind thinking them
to whispering them
to saying them
to calling them
to singing them
And to vibrating them

On a side note I haven’t seen a spreadsheet of the listed beings and their enns. I know once could be constructed where there is a list of the enns or parts used to see which beings also use that part (ie “an ca”)

Some I see have an emphasis on capital (or it’s a mistake in typing… “An Ca” instead of “an ca”). Yeah, I’ve though about wring up one just to see which parts of the enns are used more. (I should also note whether Goetia or Dukante or other).

As to meaning, I read different things from no meaning or language to some deciphering.

The spirit in question would be best to go to for the call it prefers from the individual.

2 Likes

This is the guide i use for pronounciation of Enn and i have literally 0 issues. Every time i begin to mess with a Goetic being i use the Enn besides Lucifer because i didn’t have the patience to learn it and he didn’t have an issue when we worked together. I get similar results using the Enn and not using the Enn so whatever works for you, works

1 Like

I like looking at them all. If I find one where Simone vocalizes it I record it to listen and compare in my leisure time.

I’ve been listening to a lot of Powerwolf lately and I rather enjoy the vocals on the chants there (which I presume are Latin and possibly Catholic). I’m glad he went with a more operatic singing than the guttural throat growl many powermetals start or get into. If demons talk in guttural throat thrashing speech they must need throat losenges all the time.

BAM!!! My new offerings to demons. The best sore throat losenges money can buy (or most effective).

2 Likes

I ve read in a few different places that King Paimon doesnt like his enn. And views it disrespectful. I’ve read they can’t refuse the call of their enns, it’s like forcing them to come to you. Which would make sense why nobody has an issue reaching them when they use there enns.

1 Like

How does one create an Enn for a son of Lilith that appears to have no Enn? Or at least isn’t documented.

If anybody reads this, would it be rude to try and do this? OR would it be ok? To create an Enn for a demon?