Theta/Gamma Sync: Getting There and Staying There

Since this brain state is supposedly where the pedal hits the metal I’d like to hear any advice BALG has to offer on any and all effective methods for inducing and maintaining the theta/gamma sync. I’ve tried a few thing like incantations, hyperventilation (pranayama) but I’m still having a bit of trouble maintaining this state and fully entering the crossroads. Needless to say I’ve never achieved a significantly beholdable materialization other than the felt presence and inner voice.

I understand that practice makes perfect as with most things but I’d really like to get this thing down to fine science and figure out the most effective means of getting there. Its my understanding that maintaining the theta state long enough causes your brainwaves to intermittently spike up into gamma. One thing I’ve found to work quite well is binaural beats. Around 7 hertz is supposed induce the theta state, but then other sources claim that 4.5 hertz is for theta. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

6 Likes

The method I use is staring at the division between a wall and your ceiling. And letting your eyes relax so that while you’re looking at the line, you’re not focused on the line. You should start to see a static rain. Eventually, you will enter the crossroads.

4 Likes

Have you been able to find what is pulling you out of the state?

1 Like

that’s the same method i use, when you are at the crossroads do you just chant the name over and over till it shows up?

links my help you zer0rez

2 Likes

Yes, basically. I’ve never had problems seeing entities that I’ve evoked.

2 Likes

thnaks i have been practicing for about a year i can get to the crossroads very easily but haven’t seen any thing but the fog i wait till i get to the fog the scan the sigil then start chanting but still just see fog nothing more :confused:
should i chant till im lightheaded i have read that?

2 Likes

Yeah, so I don’t actually think I’ve ever been in the crossroads, as I have never gotten the falling sensation many describe. Instead, I think of when I was new to the Occult and when I first learned about chakras. I spent all my time working with my Ajna (Third Eye) Chakra. To the point that my starts heavily vibrating just by focusing on it for a few seconds or when I touch it. Even after long periods of time this sensation became less strong, but it never went away.

So I think that the TGS, as I just enter the fog, gives me just the amount of push I need to use my third eye to see astral bodies. As that’s what I do see, I don’t see the spirits physically with my eyes, but spiritually with my mind.

1 Like

About binaural beats… remember that the theta state exists within a spectrum of frequencies…probably something like 4Hz to 10Hz (don’t quote me on this) so whether you listen to 4Hz or 7Hz, it shouldn’t make too much difference I would imagine

2 Likes

Basically any physical task during ritual such as putting tears on the coal will pull me out a bit. Also the sound of my own voice can be disconcerting, and trying to formulate my request into words is a bit distracting at times so I’ve taken to writing everything down before hand and matching the tone of my voice with the binaural frequency, as if singing, which makes my voice more tolerable and seems to help me trance out.

1 Like

At present I’m relatively satisfied with only being able to fully see entities while on the astral plane, although I’m very interested in working toward bringing that astral vision to my physical senses in the waking state. I used to use psychedelics to achieve this, as contemporary shamanism was the first form of magick I ever practiced, which eventually led me to western occultism after a couple encounters with some Egyptian demons.
I recently asked Belial to aid me in awakening my senses to facilitate more substantial spirit communication and less than an hour after the ritual a friend contacted me offering me DMT. I felt a bit let down, because I don’t want to have to rely on such things anymore.

1 Like

BUMP

I’d like to replenish this thread with some recent successes with a new method I’ve discovered involving strobe lights. If anyone is familiar with hypnogogic light devices like the Lucia 03 or the ajna light then it should come as no surprise that similar methods will work for achieving deep brainwave states prior to evocation. Unfortunately both the Lucia 03 and the ajna light are absurdly expensive so I decided to experiment with simple strobe lights to see if I could get a similar result and lo and behold after about 7 minutes I was fully in TGS and able to maintain it for several minutes afterward with little to no effort.

To anyone not familiar with the theory behind hypnogogic light devices, basically its a set of white LEDs which are programmed to strobe at varying speeds and intensities. You sit comfortably in front of it with your eyes closed and the light shines through your eyelids sending timed pulses of photons to the retina. Its been theorized that the electrical signals being fed into the optical nerves can stimulate and activate both the pituitary and the pineal gland, since they are both situated directly behind the area where the two optic nerves criss-cross near the geometric center of the brain. This theory has so far not been proven but based on my own experiences I think its a pretty solid theory. I’m very familiar with what DMT tastes and feels like and after about 20 minutes of strobe light meditation the back of my throat started to tingle and I most definitely detected a faint DMT taste in my mouth and was seeing very intricate geometrical patterns and colors.

I’ve found that it works even better combined with binaural beats at about 5 hertz. If anyone else has had success using similar methods I’d love to hear about it. I’m currently researching and experimenting with a broad sprectrum of different methods with the goal of nailing this thing down and possibly publishing some comprehensive material focused solely on inducing and maintaining this remarkable brain state.

6 Likes

I would LOVE more detail on how you made this

2 Likes

I’d like to know to. I really struggle with this lately. When I was a kid a remember being able to do this very easily almost without even attempting too.

1 Like

what kind of strobe effect? which frequency