The Ultimate Grimoire

[quote=“Euoi, post:20, topic:3706”]Why do you even need a “demonic” bible? I firmly believe that you should be guided by your spirits. Don’t fall into the “bible” trap. The only bible you need is your book of shadows that you form from the words of your spirits.
The gnosis that Satan is giving me, the mythology abd mysteriesthat are still taking shape in my mind, that is MY gnosis. It might not even be applicable to you. You and I did not make the same pact or have the same kind of relationship.
Stop relying on others, do it yourself.[/quote]

You seem to be missing my point entirely. By our logic all magick books are useless and pointless and EA Koetting is wasting his time giving out knowledge and writing books.

Also Satan is not an entity. Satan is just a title for an opposing God to another God.

Your wanting someone to create something for you rather than building it yourself. Are you here to follow Koetting or empower yourself? You’ll never get in the lead walking behind someone else.

What do you think the point of the Anthology was? It was released for people to put their own experiences out there. To share how they have adapted what they’ve learned and made it their own.

Wrong on both points. Magical books are excellent for starting one on their path. But they shouldn’t be a step by step guide, or rule book. A good magic book gives you foundation and gives you directions to go further.

And yes, Satan is in fact a real live spirit. I actually work with him very closely.

Not at all. I’m just throwing the idea out there because I thought it was interesting.

Are you here to follow Koetting or empower yourself? You'll never get in the lead walking behind someone else.

There’s no “following” anyone. There’s learning from people and taking the knowledge they give you and making it work for yourself.

But it seems slightly hypocritical to say that considering we’re using EA’s site and watch his videos and such.

What do you think the point of the Anthology was? It was released for people to put their own experiences out there. To share how they have adapted what they've learned and made it their own.

Obviously. This was also half the idea of the Unholy Bible (or whatever you want to call it). Half of the author’s experiences and rituals and the other half being written down text of Lucifer and the 9 Kings.

But if you think its a dumb idea that’s fine. No need for aggression. We’re all on the same side here.

No shit. That’s the whole point.

And yes, Satan is in fact a real live spirit. I actually work with him very closely.

I don’t see how that’s possible considering its a just a title.

Are you one of those Joy Of Satan people?

Another example of channeled writing is the codex gigas. I have it but can’t lead the stupid language. But we are going off topic. Never was it asked if would be pointless or not it was asked as a suggested idea.

Satan is not just a title. Where are you getting this Bullshit? Do you have REAL experience? Or are you just reciting from something you’ve read?
And no, I’m not in any way involved with the JoS.

Satan the word means adversary I get how he sees it as a title the question is did the name come from the word or the other way around. And any bible no matter the religion or cult is mearly a book full of guidelines nothing more. Its useful to have but useless to use.

Not at all. I’m just throwing the idea out there because I thought it was interesting.[/quote]

When you said someone like Eric or “authors” should write the book I took it to mean you did not want to take on the task yourself. I’m not saying it would not be an interesting book. I’m simply saying any occult book has diminished returns when it leaves the authors hands as the work was his own and will be interpreted and used differently from the original author.

There's no "following" anyone. There's learning from people and taking the knowledge they give you and making it work for yourself.

But it seems slightly hypocritical to say that considering we’re using EA’s site and watch his videos and such.

I agree with the first part.

How is it hypocritical? I’m here because I enjoy the community here, I can watch youtube or receive emails regardless of what forum I’m on.

Obviously. This was also half the idea of the Unholy Bible (or whatever you want to call it). Half of the author's experiences and rituals and the other half being written down text of Lucifer and the 9 Kings.

But if you think its a dumb idea that’s fine. No need for aggression. We’re all on the same side here.

No aggression I assure you. The point I was making is that there comes a time when other’s gnosis loses value and your own gnosis becomes the priority. Thats all.

There are no “Nine Kings”; the incomplete catalogue of the Ars Goetia just happens to list nine kings. Stop capitalising the term as if it were a proper noun or of some magical and hierarchical significance, and stop trying to make up lore that has no basis in this tradition. There are Four Kings, Oriens, Amaymon, Paimon and Egyn, and each of these has lesser ‘kings’ - generally two of the foremost rank - serving beneath him. And, in fact, there are a couple of spirits beneath Lucifer that are even above the Four Kings in rank.

1 Like

Lol. Text wars are awesome and so is power rangers

OP, you could look up the Gigas Codex aka the Devil’s Bible. It was supposedly written by Satan and includes a self portrait. The early Catholic Church must have believed that he wrote it because the paid a metric ton of money to buy it and seal it away.

I is purported to have charms and spells created by Satan himself.

EDIT: I just realized Deon beat me to the punch… great minds think alike… and sometimes so do I. :slight_smile:

This one?

This one?

[/quote]

Yes that is the one.

Awwww look at him, he just wants a hug.

Where do I get a translated version

And ignorance is bliss. This place is very blissful.

There’s translations of some of the conjurations here: http://www.kb.se/codex-gigas/eng/Long/texter/excorsism/Translation-of-the-conjurations/

Google’s probably a good starting place for anything else, it’s not my kind of thing but I found that pretty easily.

PS here’s a scan, apparently? https://archive.org/details/CodexGigasDevils.Bible

Anyone who wrote a book billed as the ultimate grimoire would be laughed so hard, they would likely change their name afterwards. You can’t just give away magical knowledge whole and complete. It doesn’t work by memorizing it, you have to experience it.

That’s what hides meaning from people, the hidden in the word occult. You read a magical texts, and you can only relate to the things you have experienced yourself. The rest might as well be chinese for the impact it has. That limited selection of things you relate to steers you attention to new places, allowing you to experience new things, and the next time you read that same text, all of a sudden new things you didn’t notice before are jumping out at you. Because you have the corresponding experiences to relate to them.

1 Like

I’ve never written a book before. So I was throwing the idea out there for experienced magickians.

I agree with the first part.

How is it hypocritical? I’m here because I enjoy the community here, I can watch youtube or receive emails regardless of what forum I’m on.

It just seemed like you were implying EA is somehow irrelevant when we’re using his own forum and website. Regardless I enjoy the community here too.

No aggression I assure you. The point I was making is that there comes a time when other's gnosis loses value and your own gnosis becomes the priority. Thats all.

The book idea was simply that: an idea. I figured it would at least be an interesting concept considering it hadn’t been done before.

But judging from users like Euoi (who seems to believe in Christian mythology of the devil) books are useless and there’s no point to them because someone else wrote it.

I think he/she missed the whole point of this.

If I had to collaborate a working book of this sort, whether I could write or not would be the least of worries. Do the work that is needed to be in the book and send it to someone that will edit or gammer correct it