The Runetastic 24 Days

Day 19: Ehwaz

I am pretty tierd today. There was an emergency at the station I work at so I had to fix it at 1 in the A.M.

But my exhaustion may have played a part in what happened. Ehwaz opened pretty quick for me today. I got a visual of a dogs head and two halves of a stick figure holding hands. The stick figure visual was expected as someone already told me that they see Ehwaz in this way, however the message was unexpected.

First the dog head. Ehwaz is the horse. Horses played a deep part in life for the Teutonic People. Horses filled several roles in their society and many had deep spiritual relationships with thier family horse. I have a deep connection with dogs, always have.

The stick figure holding hands seemed to be made, not by two people holding hands, but one person fulfilling two roles. The hand holding was a way to connect these two halves of the same whole.

We are made of many different ā€œpeopleā€ that work together to further progress the self. Ehwaz told me to pay attention to how others shape my life and how the different aspects of myself move and push the self in whatever direction I am trying to go.

Probably sounds like I am ramblingā€¦lol I should go to bed, I wonā€™t but I should.

Here is a video I found about Galdr (Runic chants for spellcasting and activating the runes in your life)

She makes several great points and I know there are some runes that I will need to go back and work harder with.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvntjvcoO6g]How to chant Runes into Galdr & Runic visualization example with Algir , Algiz - YouTube

She also pointed out that several of the runes carry other runes in them. And that all runes carry either Isa or Kenaz in them. She used Manaz and highlighted that this rune carries Isa, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, and others.

Day 20: Manaz

There is a belief I came across while researching Teutonic Spirituality that the Gods are our kinfolk, a basic way to put it would be that they are an evolved version of usā€¦living gods if you will.

Manaz is a rune all about us, humans. It includes many runes inside it and I saw it as a sort of bind rune. It includes both the normal rune and its murkstave or ā€œDarkā€ aspect. I made a post earlier that the first aett was like getting 8 different perspectives on the human animal, this time it was like getting all those perspectives but from the point of view of a god.

I saw many different things that push and pull or motivate me, but these things seemed more malleable. It was like I could, with effort, change my human self and its fate. But that is what taking up the Runes do, they activate energies and currents in the self. After this pathworking I am going to research and experiment with bind runes. I am beginning to internalize them and see them as 24 little keys that can lock or unlock human potential depending on how they are paired and used.

Day 21: Laguz

Laguz is the element of water. That element has been on my mind as I have heard a lot about water having a great many correspondences to sorcery. Marid are said to be the most well versed Djinn in sorcery, the Simbi nation is said to be a masters at sorcery. It seems that water may be a key to sorcery.

I got the visual of looking over a placid lake. Calm water reflecting the sky above like a mirror.

Water is said to be the element of life. While Air is far more immediate to our survival, it is in an abundance on Earth. However there are many places where water and life are scarce. Water brings life and magic is life. Water is an element of transmission, and what is sorcery but the way one transmits their will upon the world?

Laguz spoke about the need to understand, accept, and control my emotions. Like a lake that can be tranquil one moment and raging the next, so do I need to be in such a mastery over my emotions. Emotional energy is a fantastic fuel and funnel for sorcery.

This is what Laguz said to me.

Day 22: Inguz

Inguz looks like Kenaz and Kenaz murkstave. This suggested to me that it was both ā€œfireā€ and the ā€œdarkside of fireā€

Inguz was pulling me in fast and once I let go and let the rune take control I was treated to a vision of fire spirits dancing around inside Inguz. Somehow this dance is what pulled me in. I had already heard that Inguz is a good rune for drawing in and storing energies, it seems that there are spirits in Inguz that are behind it all.

Funny enough I had a dream lastnight about Andrieh Vitimus, Jason Miller, and my friend Sara teaching me all about fire based sorcery. We scryed into candle flames and made our own fire spirits for various reasons and tasks.

I got the sense that Inguz was telling me that things can build with pressure, growing in power and energy until the explode out into the world and take it by storm. It felt like the stage in seeing a goal through where one is past the planning stage and is watching thier plans begin to take off.

Just inserting a little feedback: Iā€™m greatly enjoying reading your experiences with the runes. Keep up the excellent work, these are powerful symbols with a -lot- to teach!

Thanks man! I just started reading ā€œUthark: the Nightside of the Runesā€ I am about a third of the way through it and I already want to go back and look at the runes again, this time with the Uthark configuration.

Did a quick look about yesterday to explore that oneā€™s intriguing possibilities and it doesnā€™t seem like the kind of book to just fall into your lap these days. But I will attempt to ritualize its moving into my crosshairs, so to speak, and take my shot!

Day 23: Dagaz

So I did my first rune reading for someone other than myself. It went well, the runes are far different than the Tarot and I feel like this pathworking has taught me to have the right mindset to work with them.

I always love it when I do a reading and the other person is shocked that I was able to pickup on personal things. I hope the reading helps this individual.

Dagaz turned into a mask. It was like I was looking at a mask that I was about to put on. In putting this mask on I was temporarily funneling my true self into a false identity. Dagaz is a rune of inner illumination, ones true self in the realm of the gods.

It seemed to be telling me to remember that my role here on Earth is NOT who I truly am. That I am wearing a mask here.

It was a more mystical rune, strange that there is a good mix of mystical and sorcerous runes. I guess it is not strange, after all Galdr is a complete system of magic. It is just that the more mystical stuff is not my focus right now, now I look more towards sorcery.

Day 24: Othala

This is the endā€¦of this pathworking.

Honestly I learned a lot. I have changed, connected deeper with my ancestors and with magic. Imet a few new spirits and have come to find that this pathworking is part of my overall pathworking.

Right now I am working with Cthonic spirits, and according to legend while hanging on Yggdrsil Odin saw the runes in the Underworld.

Othala is a rune of completion. It is called the gift of Ing, and even looks like Inguz a bit.
I got a visual of it Othala opening up and pouring out energy to those under it. Gebo and Kenaz were both present.

This is a rune of favorable energies from gods and ancestors being gifted to us.

Also would like to say thank you to Orismen for all these postings. I feel very drawn to the runes myself so I will have to get myself a set.

Thanks iWitch.

I am getting ready to dive back into the runes for a more in-depth working with them. They are really awesome IMO and I feel a deep connection to my family roots while working with the runes.

I am seeing them everywhere lately, which isnā€™t really hard when one is a straight line and another is an arrow lol.