The Runetastic 24 Days

[quote=“Orismen, post:20, topic:2341”]Day 6: Kenaz

Anus can tell you what to say and how to weave a spell[/quote]

Now your just talking shit lol.

But seriously Kenaz is like the will to take charge and put things into action. Sounds like your on the right track with all this man, glad to see you sharing your pathworking.

[quote="-TWF-, post:21, topic:2341"][quote=“Orismen, post:20, topic:2341”]Day 6: Kenaz

Anus can tell you what to say and how to weave a spell[/quote]

Now your just talking shit lol.[/quote]

Shots fired! Lol

Thanks man, it is always great to get a confirmation that I am on a right track.

Day 7: Gebo

This rune (after time) became a scene of two men binding each other at the feet with sticks.

This is the rune of gifts and curses. It spoke to me of bindings and how when we give gifts or do a service for someone we are strengthening what binds us. Sometimes this is a good thing, as we increase the bonds of family or friendship, other times this is a bad thing as we may draw people or things into our lives that are not beneficial to us.

This rune told me that great gifts come after great sacrifice, I thought of Odin and Tyr who both sacrificed much in order to gain power or save the lives of all the Gods and creation.

I also was reminded of Eoui’s introduction to Necromancy. He mentioned drawing an “X” on a skull. I am sure there are other reasons but for that moment I saw it as a gift and a binding to that skull and the sorcerer to use that tool in necromantic works. The binding brought a blessing and power to the work. Like I said I am sure there are other reasons, but in my trance that just popped into my mind.

I also saw the X as being a strengthening structure. Like the X or cross sections of the frame work of a house.

That relates very strongly to my own perceptions and also experience using this rune, and it’s outside (I think) a lot of the “textbook” interpretations, so I thought it was worth mentioning.

As you state gifts can result in non-beneficial attachments -
the Buddhist monks give everything they possess away so as to
prevent attachment - accordng to them Karma is not designated as good
or bad - no Karma is sought

Day 8: Wunjo

I have been in a bad mood all day. My dog woke me up at 3am and I had difficulty falling back asleep. I worked with Wunjo about an hour ago and I feel better.

I used the gesture of conjuring that Jason Miller discribes in his books, which is a Tibetan Conjuring Hand Mundra. It really helped me pull Wunjo to me.

I felt the dark clouds lift and my mood improved noticeably. Wunjo is a rune if gifts and joy and so far it seems to help with bad moods.

I will comment more later, if I have time.

Day 9: Hagalaz

This was a heavy rune. I felt its pulseing pressure throughout my meditation. At first I felt a cold chill and later I got very hot.

The rune seemed to sink into the floor before it returned back to my vision looking like an open sigil. The first 8 drew themselves, this one had a different visual approach.

I saw tornadoes, fire storms, and earthquakes. I saw death by fire and ice. This rune is pretty heavy on the aspect of destruction. I also saw that after each instance of destruction there was an opportunity for rebuilding. The fire sweeps away clutter, the earthquake broke up old infertile land to expose new fertile land underneath, the ice scraped away blights.

In each instance of destruction in our lives we can rebuild, often with new talents, or opportunites that we didn’t have before.

That is what Hagalaz said to me.

Day 10 (double digits son!): Nauthiz

While scrying this rune I saw it combined with others to form bind-runes. For those unfamiliar, bind-runes are two or more runes that are combined to create a specific effect. They complement one another or one can add its unique effect to the others.

Nauthiz reminds me of some of the Saturn experiences I have had. In planetary workings one can call upon Saturn’s restrictive and binding attributes to insure a very specific outcome. Forexample one does a Jupiter working to help their small business grow, they can craft the spell with Saturn’s restrictive elements to insure that the growth does not get out of hand.

Nauthiz seemed to have this funneling and restricting effect. Nauthiz can set barriers for us to overcome or cam show us that we have internal workings to do. Nauthiz helps you chip away or restrict things that you want to change. It in and of itself will not change things for you, but combined with other runes like Hagalaz one can funnel the forces of destruction for ones own gain.

All in all it seemed very Saturnarin to me.

Very nice Orismen I agree its Saturnian in nature but never thought of it like that before. It always felt like that hard path or decision which may suck to go through but leads to self discovery.

Day 11: Isa

So I drew the rune like usual but I was a bit rushed to get out the door today. So I found a spot in my University’s Library and drew Isa on MS paint. Luckily Isa is a straight line so it wasn’t too difficult. I put on some head phones and played binaural beats to deepen the trance

The visual I got after Isa disappeared and came back was that a new or “Fake” Isa split off from the original and the original vanished. It was like Isa was trying to get me to look at the distraction of the fake “Isa” while it hid.

Isa is a rune of binding, it represents ice. While I was expecting it to be like a physical binding or a rune that seeks to stop a target’s movements through physical restraint, Isa seemed to be more about mental restriction and illusion. Makes sense, if you can get your target to focus on an illusion what real progress can they make?

This is why I think I got the visual I got. Isa was trying to get me to waste my time focusing on something that was not really there. I could see this being the meaning in a divination, letting someone know that they are trapped due to their own illusions.

Something that was just brought to my attention (and makes sense) is that the first aett is all about what it means to be a human and live in Midgard. The first aett is all about formation, and bonds. The second aett brings us a bit higher and closer to the realm of the Gods. The second aett is Heimdall’s aett. Heimdall (or Heimdallr) is the guardian of the bifrost bridge which leads to Asgard. So in a way when working with the runes this way we get 8 perspectives of what it means to be human, then 8 perspectives of our struggle to reach beyond humanity under the watchful gaze of the guardian of Asgard who sees all nine realms.

I wonder what the 3rd aett will bring?

Day 12: Jera

Half way there.

Jera is the movement of the great wheel. Jera can get things moving and shaking in your life, but you have to decide when the wheel stops and where.

One could use Jera’s energies to get unstuck from a situation they may be in. Or they could use it in baneful works to change a targets previously stable life into a chaotic life.

This rune seems to me to be a bit like the “wheel” tarot card.

By the by I found some runes made from an oak tree, after I finish these 24 day I am going to see how rune divination differs from tarot divination, can’t wait.

Day 13: Eihwaz

So this post may make it seem like I am high as a kite, but that is what it felt like.

If anyone has ever gotten REALLY high and watched soundlessdawn’s stuff on YouTube, well that is what it was like.

Eihwaz began to look like many faces, each had a story to tell and I felt like I was outside of reality and I could hear all the stories one by one, with no time passing because time is an illusion and for the moment I was above the illusionary reality.

I then saw Eihwaz take the shape of a serpent traveling up and down a sickle. This rune seems to break illusions, teach mysteries, and seems to be tied to death. Death as the breaker of illusion.

If what I heard about Heimdall’s aett is true, then this rune may be some sort of key-point where the traveler stops viewing the world with limited human concepts.

Day 14: Perthro

This is a heavy rune, like it is the serious side of Eihwaz. Perthro grounded me like it was saying “Dude, you are going to die some day. Let THAT sink in, do you want to walk this path…you only have a few years on earth?”

Perthro is a rune of secrets and initiation. I have undertaken this pathworking as a way to introduce myself to the runes and it seems I met the gatekeeper.

I felt like I was sinking into a deep river, feeling the currents around me and seeing darkly my surroundings. It felt like the quote from Nietzsche, when I stared long enough into the runes they stared back into me, in a very real way.

I got to see them, but I felt like Perthro looked into my soul.

Day 15: Algiz

I have been working on my astral eyes a lot and I think that is the reason I had the experience I had today.

Everyday since Hekate has suggested it I have been working on my internal self. I was told to work with Gabriel and I still hold some meetings with the Archangel ever few days. For those that don’t know Gabriel can help open up your astral senses. Gabriel helped me come up with an exercise that includes the LBRP, Middle Pillar, chakra work, and scrying that I start in the morning and work on all day.

I have been doing it for a while, and the payoff is significant.

Today while meditating on Algiz it seemed to be pulling together things from the top of the rune and channeling them to the bottom. I was struck by the impression that Algiz was the pulling together the power of the Gods and funneling it towards mortals.

It felt impressed to start speaking so I said a heartfelt prayer to the Gods of my ancestors. I noticed Algiz start to flow, and it looked like blood flow. I have both Greek/Italian blood and German/Nordic blood in me. I got the impression that I am calling on three sources of power into my life. Hekate, representing my Greek and Italian ancestors, The Norse Pantheon from my German and Nordic ancestry, and last but not least my higherself.

By the conclusion of my prayer the room felt heavy with spirits. Hekate I recognized but there were others. I assume it was some of the Gods my ancestors worshiped. I said hello and declared my intention. They left after a while, but left me with a renewed burning passion for this working.

I could make out the outline of one. He was tall, he towered over the rest. He felt old and deep. It may be Wotan but I am not sure yet.

Honestly this whole experience has been months in the making, but I am glad it paid off.

The symbol of the inverted tree, with its roots in the spiritual world “above”, seems to be a really old one, and a few years ago there was a programme in the UK called Time Team where they covered a tree that had been dug up, roots intact, and buried upside-down inside a circle of tree-trunks, over 4,000 years ago. Here’s the wikipedia page for the structure: Seahenge & pics on this BBC page.

I don’t remember too much else about it and can’t find the vid of that programme on any sites, but they recreated it in a field and I remember seeing that new version and it absolutely gave me chills!

Re: what you posted for Perthro, a while ago I had fun (!) idea to work out what age I’ll probably die of natural causes, based on family history, and then I entered the date into the countdown program TimeLeft… seeing that actual number was something of a wakeup call.

I’ve been close to death before, I mean literally, but there’s always been the prospect of fixing/fighting whatever, and to see that date, as an appointment I’m going to keep and not something to be kind of fought off, made me more eager to embrace this stuff and really get value from every day that’s left. Sorry if I’m waffling but your experiences have so many resonances, and just clikcing “like” doesn’t do it justice.

The symbol of the inverted tree, with its roots in the spiritual world “above”, seems to be a really old one, and a few years ago there was a programme in the UK called Time Team where they covered a tree that had been dug up, roots intact, and buried upside-down inside a circle of tree-trunks, over 4,000 years ago. Here’s the wikipedia page for the structure: Seahenge & pics on this BBC page.

I don’t remember too much else about it and can’t find the vid of that programme on any sites, but they recreated it in a field and I remember seeing that new version and it absolutely gave me chills!

Re: what you posted for Perthro, a while ago I had fun (!) idea to work out what age I’ll probably die of natural causes, based on family history, and then I entered the date into the countdown program TimeLeft… seeing that actual number was something of a wakeup call.

I’ve been close to death before, I mean literally, but there’s always been the prospect of fixing/fighting whatever, and to see that date, as an appointment I’m going to keep and not something to be kind of fought off, made me more eager to embrace this stuff and really get value from every day that’s left. Sorry if I’m waffling but your experiences have so many resonances, and just clikcing “like” doesn’t do it justice.[/quote]

Wow, that must be a very sobering experience to look at that “Doomsday Clock” and see how much time you think you have left. I hope you out live it and throw yourself a HELL of a party.

Day 16: Sowilo

This rune looks like a lighting bolt sent from on high.

While scrying it I noticed that the 3x5 card disappeared first, then the rune after. Strange it is usually the other way around.

This is a rune of the Sun and solar powers/attributes. I was impressed that this rune not only help one see hidden truths, but it can also be used with glamour magic. It has a bright shinning, center of attention kinda feel to it.

I got a visual of a bind rune made of Sowilo and Isa and I thought it looked like a dollar sign. Then it hit me, how many of use are under the illusion and control of the almighty dollar. How many have fallen under its glamour?

I am not saying that the Fed or anyone like that is using bind-runes to control the population, but damn that was an eye opener. We can use our own magic of Sowilo to become the solar center of our own selves and break the spell.

Day 17: Tiwaz

This is the third aett. Presided over by the god Tyr. Tiwaz is his rune.

The visuals I got switched between that of a spearhead and that if a house opening its doors. There is a pathway or road that leads to this house. I was impressed that this was somehow Asgard and passing through Heimdall’s aett one could draw the attention of the gods.

I felt that if I want to work with the Norse/Teutonic gods and goddesses I would have to make a change in myself. Tiwaz spoke of courage, honor, industry, justice but most importantly honor. It told me that anyone can call down the gods, but to truly know them one must live a life full of honor. Not just honor to the gods but honor to ones self.

To attract the gods one must live like the gods. I was encouraged to find my highest and most honorable self and make that my new modality. Find what really matters to you and live it.

That is what Tiwaz said to me.

Day 18: Berkano

This rune translates to “Birch Goddess”

This was by far the nicest rune. I felt a warmth envelope me that felt reminiscent of Hecate’s embrace…well when She is in a good mood. I felt the need to reflect on my life, and my personal development.

Every time I began to beat myself up over something I heard a voice say “But you learned from it.” I thought of some really really stupid things I used to be in the habit of doing. It was a nicer form of self reflection.