The Royalty Obsession

Excatly. Well put, it’s best to just move if they don’t listen to reason.

Like some who says she’s the Queen of the Faeries, if I say, you’re not this is why a, b, c I’m honestly wasting my breath.

I think this thread has helped me see that some people are who interested in “non-normal” subjects and beliefs gravatate towards the occult in hopes they find people to support their delusions. Those willing to learn will take a step back and re-evaluate. And those who won’t, as said prior by another, it’s best to roll our eyes and move along.

I just find it so weird to claim such grandiosity. Even when I began in the occult I never assumed such things about myself. So to see it become more & more prevalent in beginners is mind boggling.

I didn’t say whether I think they’re delusional or their not. I said I don’t care either way cuz their soul being or knowing x or y or z won’t help me advance myself magickally and won’t benefit me irl either. Neither will their delusions if they’re delusional.

So I can’t be bothered to even get into it with them let alone to talk sense into them if they need sense talked into them. Cuz talking sense with someone won’t advance me either.

I suggest if their claims bother you, if you can’t stand someone claiming to be a faery or a zombie or a purple people eater, maybe do what I do, tune out and leave them to their fancies and then go to a thread that’s more to your liking where you might learn something that helps you magickly, a different thread where people aren’t claiming to know Merlin or be Queen Elizabeth the first or to be king of the orcs.

Stick to threads where people aren’t saying stuff you find ridiculously larpy. Threads that are about stuff that interests you. If the content of the thread rubs you wrong go on and move on to a different thread.

Me I stick mainly to what will further me or sometimes (rarely) to where my experiences may be of help to the other person.

If something isn’t to my liking I remove myself as much as possible rather then try and change the other person to make them think as I do or even accept what I’m saying.

There’s better things to spend my energy on like magick, sorts, work, hobbies or cooking dinner rather then spend it trying to convince someone of something, and if they won’t listen I throw in the towel and their them to their opinions even if I think their crazy or wrong or just going about it ass backwards cuz In the end it’s on them. Like I said I have better things to do then flog a dead horse (as the saying goes).

Add: like when someone (not gonna name names or threads) said they wanted to be possessed (to paraphrase it: by any random spirit cuz they said they invited any nearby spirit that was willing to to enter into them and possess them ) I told why not and then when they seemed not to listen I left the thread ( like the ol cliche “Elvis has left the building”) not worth my time to get into a knock down drag down fight with someone who’s minds made up already.

1 Like

Positive change can only happen when both you and your client feel respected and when they feel that you are really interested in their well being. There needs to be some sort of feeling of working together.
So if you blatantly tell them what you think, they will not feel respected anymore, since being a faerie queen is what they build their confidence on.

There is a technique called Active Listening which can give you the opportunity to find out more about their views and their inner reasons why they feel the need to be a queen. And it can give you opportunity to voice your concern, in a good moment.
It is all about asking the right questions.

Also, never say “You need to do/change/stop …” but rather tell them stuff like “What you’ve just said makes me feel uncomfortable because …”

2 Likes

Love that🖤 @Helena

Yes I think I definitely was diplomatic in my response, as she is coming back for another session. And I will be sure to address it more in depth if she is indeed serious about her path. Time will tell. Thank you for the diplomatic advice🥰

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Spinoff Topic: On the UPG someone is an incarnation of a known entity, how can this be verified?

These posts seem perfectly on topic to me :thinking:

The question was “why do people claim high status past lives or godselves?”
And the answers were:
!) Might be legit, ask the deity … or otherwise attempt to verify UPG
2) Dunno, best practice idea to always do do divination … or otherwise attempt to verify UPG
3) Doesn’t matter … but seems unlikely to be true
4) The sense something but are largely blocked, and extrapolating too far. Too many variables to say… so attempt to verify UPG.

Nobody claimed to be any entities.

Attempting to verify or deny the UPG is a valid and respectful response to the client.

If they actually are the entity, while being the 5th Cleopatra you’ve met means they probably aren’t, it’s not impossible, and then that’s literally why they say they’re that person, because they are.

So she trusted you as a client with something very personal and allowed herself to be vulnerable to do so, and this is how you respond? You just assume she’s larping?

The Fey have many many “queens”, there’s really no reason she couldn’t have been one, and your lack of knowledge of the Fae realm doesn’t really discredit your client exactly. neither does it verify thier UPG.

The question is, why do you assume without looking into what the root cause of what this energy is? That seems to be good advice to me.

3 Likes

If you want to be diplomatic to newbies/clients isn’t it mandatory to find out whether their claims could be true or not? Or did you already find out everything about your client?
I don’t see how this is off topic.

Being diplomatic also means not to only stick to your own opinion, but be open about what the other has to say, this is why I adviced you to use the Active Listening technique.
Even if you are pretty sure about it, you should stay respectful, and that does not mean only “acting” respectfully, but to really respect that person and their views, and not see them as inferior to you.

I work with families and of course I have my opinion on some of them, but I have to view them in a positive light always, and never see them as below me in any way. My opinion has been proven wrong many times. And that is a good thing, isn’t it.

1 Like

I have stayed respectful. She’s coming back for another session…so?

Never said anyone was inferior. That’s you saying that about me. I apologize if you think I feel that way. It’s incredibly inaccurate and unesscary to attack me personally with assumptions when eyeverone is telling me not to assume. When I’m trying to gather information on how to make this newbie do the work, so we can find out.

But if she won’t do the work, we’ll never know tbh. I’m not here to feel superior. If I felt superior I would not ask how to make a client comfortable.

As you can see, I did take your advice last night.

I was simply extending it.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spinoff Topic: On the UPG someone is an incarnation of a known entity, how can this be verified?

These and the last related comment have been moved to the spin off topic.

OP seems to have the answers she was looking for, topic closed.

1 Like