The Occult and Transhumanism

I find that magic and transhumanism are very similar. Like two different systems that are trying to achieve the same objective:

Ascent.

Transformation.

Transcendence.

I was wondering what other people thought about this.

What are you guy’s thoughts?

1 Like

Human is the name for our physical form and our subconscious. We are observers and truth seekers as well.

We are atom, kaos, and void. Kaos is basically math, but don’t misunderstand. Infinity has many shapes and proportions. Some are irrational and some are golden. There are “imaginary” numbers that we use to calculate orbits and gravitational relationships that cannot be computed with classic arithmetic. Kaos is called chaos for good reason, but it is also full of sublime beauty and excellence.

Atom is photon, the thread of light. Atom is what “puts the fire into the equations” as Stephen Hawking would say. Space isn’t what it seems. Koetting puts it thusly, “I don’t know who discovered water, but it probably wasn’t a fish.”

Void is the bottom floor, the impenetrable bedrock of existence. The observer is a bit of void seized by kaos and atom, enslaved for human survival. Void is that underlying part of the mind that remains still when someone drops acid or eats psilocybin mushrooms or whatever blows their skirt up. The observer still looks out through the lens of the mind and knows itself despite being surrounded by crazy. (Some crazy is good and fun. No judgment here.)

We are already beyond the concept of “human” even though most of us respect these clever animals who have summoned us forth to do their bidding. I would like to be more divine during my stay on this physical plane. I agree with the goals of transhumanism.

1 Like

Do you think we could combine the two? Or do you think both could separately achieve the something; just in different ways?

@CyberLord @Yberion @Mulberry @Hysteria I was wondering what you Guy’s thoughts are on the occult and transhumanism. Do you think they have similar goals?

1 Like

When I think of transhumanism, the “Borg Collective” of Star Trek comes to mind. No doubt, this is a bad form of it, but an example when the spiritual aspect is gone.

2 Likes

Interesting, i would agree with that. I never thought of it like that. But you are right. Most transhumanist think very scientifically. And don’t believe in anything if it can’t be proven by science .

But not everything can be proven by science.

I have an interest in transhumanism, and I feel they’re completely unrelated.

Transhumanism is basically about making tech easier and more accessible by integrating it with your body, thereby acting as enhancements to your body. It’s an extreme form of body modification, and practitioners are called grinders.
E.g. I have strong, tiny magnets in 6 of my fingertips that let me feel magnetic fields. I can run my hands over a wall and know where the power cables run… or just pick up paperclips with one finger :joy_cat: Something I’d do but haven’t tried yet is getting my own rfid chip in my hand, and coding it (you can get phone apps for this) to open the office door at work.
Another popular example is getting a radio fit behind the ear that you can learn to turn on and off at will (brainwave training).
I don’t see this as very much different than getting my tongue split, but, foreign bodies tend to get pushed out of the body over time, or tech stops working, so scars are an accepted part of this lifestyle.

The occult - to me - is about training the subtle awareness and developing spiritual strength to explore the unknown. For many it’s more about controlling and improving thier lives - I guess there’s an overlap with grinding there, if only in intent not method.

In between there’s Technomancy, which is little talked about and a big interest of mine. This is using occult techniques to work with the entities - egregores - created in the software and tech industries.
I have had good results creating a vessel for the spirit of the main software I work with, and it helps me solve problems and design elegant solutions, brings me great contacts and help road-open opportunities to get ever closer to complete mastery of it’s interface and inner workings. A famous example of this is XA-Turing, the spirit of the Internet, and there’s Machaele Small Wright’s work developing contact with the intelligences of business entities - as entities (puny I know) that is very adaptable for this.

2 Likes