THE MODERN MAGICIANS PARADIGM: A Ritual Tool by any other name, Praising TWF

“nihil producit ex spiritibus qui in mundo in suum deus creare”

A rough translation would be " he who brings forth the spirits from nothingness shall create his own worlds as a god".

I must admit that I am always skeptical of making purchases online from complete strangers on a forum. However, after carefully following many posters on here it was clear that practically everyone of you have amazing thought patterns of magickal inquiry that bring to light so many questions I myself had over the years but never had a “forum” to disseminate properly.

As fate would have it, I stumbled upon TWF posts about his magickal fetish creations he was currently selling. Particularly, his Demonic Kings/Gatekeepers sigil set on wood disc.

Now, I have always believed in making your own fetishes for ritual use. It brings your whole essence and soul, not to mention your very own “magickal energy field” within the said object, but there is something to be said about having someone else create that which you seek/need.

As a musician, I had the pleasure of having my next door neighbor create something so expensive for me without any requests for money. He was a classical guitar luthier who was semi-retired making some money on the side designing and creating some of the most beautiful nylon guitars I have ever played.

One day I was watching him using power tools and cutting Brazilian rosewood and mahogany into curves and shapes that really turned me on. He would hang his creations in his workshop on the cieling like ornaments with the smell of pure creation.

He asked if I wanted one, and to that I replied “your kidding right?”. His customers were real monster classical players with the money to burn. I left it to that.

When I arrived home from work, to my surprise and amazement, a classical guitar stood at my door. Leaning against the knob. I carefully picked it up. Feeling the neck and wood as something so new and filled with life on its own without any assistance from me. It awaited for me to play that first note.

“Made that one for you” he peeked out from the rose brush to my right. I really didn’t know what to say or do. No one ever really made that kind gesture for me. The guitar was made from a genuine craftsman, his hands and mind combined to create a unique instrument “for me”.

Likewise, TWF made a set of four discs that will be used extensively for many years to come. Upon receiving it this afternoon I took my time to enjoy the moment. Placed the USPS box on my desk, allowing the moment of opening it to increase. Once opened, the sulfur and brimstone smoke quickly rose like a thorn tree. Everything carefully wrapped in bubble wrap. I took each disc and wrapped them in black silk for my next evocation, placing them in my UC bag. And without any foreknowledge he even included a little extra gift - Mepsitahl’s sigil burned on a wooden disc.

There is always something to be said about creating your very own magickal tools. But it’s even better when you find someone of a like mind and soul to create one for you, completely imbued with their very own creative energy “right out the box” so to speak.

If you want to see what I am talking about head over to his store below

some_text

<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheWanderingFool?ref=l2-shopheader-name">TWF Store

Happy New Year to everyone on BALG, its been one hell of a demon ride for 2013, and now 2014 will be the year of the true living gods.

1 Like

Glad you like them S.V.E., I’ll be putting some different sets on my store in the near future. One set I’m contemplating is the 9 from Baneful Magick as well as sets of the elemental kings. As soon as I find some wood the right thickness I’ll work on that other project we discussed.

I’ll also be selling some as part of my pathworking with Belial, as part of my “gift” to him I’m creating a certain amount of his sigils that I’ll have him empower to help spread his influence. I’ve promised a few of them to certain people as I feel they’ll not only appreciate them but put them to good use. The rest I’ll sell on my store and I know they’ll find a home with those who are meant to have them.

If anyone has any sets they’d like to see I’m open to suggestions.

Thanks for the kind review and I hope to hear they grow in power with each use.

TWF

These sound absolutely fantastic, and the craftsmanship looks strong. May I ask what size they approximately are?

Anyway, my newb is going to be showing in spades here, but I’m assuming these can be both used for evocation and divination? I only use the most basic tools atm (circle, anthame, scrying bowels/mirror), so adding something like this would be a new experience for me. I couldn’t say for sure what I’d be interested in purchasing until I know how they’re best utilized.

[quote=“blacklamb, post:3, topic:2315”]These sound absolutely fantastic, and the craftsmanship looks strong. May I ask what size they approximately are?

Anyway, my newb is going to be showing in spades here, but I’m assuming these can be both used for evocation and divination? I only use the most basic tools atm (circle, anthame, scrying bowels/mirror), so adding something like this would be a new experience for me. I couldn’t say for sure what I’d be interested in purchasing until I know how they’re best utilized.[/quote]

The ones on the picture are 5" diameter circles, the sigil was burned into the wood and then painted and then sealed with a gloss clear coat.

I can make them in varying sizes 4", 5", 6 3/4" and some 8" and 11" but am having trouble getting certain sizes at the moment. I’ve got a shipment of stuff coming in to work with so I’ll confirm what I have to work with on a case by case basis.

These can be used as sigils for evocation, place holders for the watchtowers, veneration and altar work. The benefit of having a permanent sigil is the more you work with it the stronger the link becomes, these are great with path working with a spirit, I wouldn’t recommend these to people who jump from spirit to spirit.

I wouldn’t recommend these for divination unless using a pendulum. I’ve tossed around the idea of making a set of rune size sigils using S.Connolly’s method in Sigilum Diaboli using (I think) 85 sigils but the prospect of spending a month cutting, sanding, etching, burning, staining and sealing 85 1" sigils just to have them sit on my store unsold is not appealing. I would likely only make these as a custom order.

Are you charging these sigils as well TWF? and also whose sigils are those in the pic? (Sorry I’m at work and don’t have time to check it out yet)

Normally no, unless I explicitly state that’s the sigils are “charged” or “empowered” in some way, like the sigils of Belial I’ll be working with during my pathworking and later selling. Those will have been charged from ritual use as well as Belial himself.

There’s a few reasons I decided not to offer things like that normally, I won’t sell an opened sigil because who better to understand your desire than you? I want magicians to do the work themselves, this not only creates more skilled magicians but doing the work builds confidence. The more one works with one of these the more energy it collects, this energy needs to be compatible with the magician working with it, building it up yourself insures that. If requested by the buyer I’ll tell them my own methods for empowering or charging a sigil, I’ll include it the order.

The sigils in the picture were E.A’s personal sigils of Azazel, Amaymon, Abaddon and Belial.

Wow, those look awesome. I’m tempted to get the Death box you have listed for sale. Can I pay via paypal…I’m not an Etsy member & would rather not have to sign up if possible. How much for a set of Elemental kings also?

PM’d

All I have on hand at the moment is 4" plates and 6 3/4" plates. The elemental kings will be $30 for 4" and $70 for 6 3/4".

Just wanted to post a sample picture of the two toned sigils

This is MAS’ sigil of Hecate

1 Like

All of those are sick. Nice word dude.

Gateway of pacts

Gateway with sigil

Ouija

Seal of the Sorcerer

1 Like

Episode VI: The Return of TWF

What can I say, S.V.E.'s made me jealous, so I got my own.

I’ll be putting these to good use :slight_smile:

Thanks TWF, I’ll be putting these in a special place in my Temple.

-TWF- rocked these!

1 Like

Glad you guys like them, may they grow in power with every use!

WOOOAHHHHH!!!

Gnosis!!!

your’s are better than mine w…t…f…lolllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Gateway of Pacts!!!..MINE!!!

who do I send this check to?

seriously, those are amazing…beautiful work on that wood

Table of Practice from the Pauline Arts of the Lemegeton. Still needs to be stained and sealed.

1 Like

Burned and painted

Natural

Fetish grade sigils, a beautiful centerpiece for ones devotional altar.

That is fucking beautiful dude.
Would it cost any extra to make my Hecate sigil look like that?

It would just because of the price of the goldleaf. I was thinking of just offering these in the 6 3/4" size as an altar fetish or centerpiece but considering the size of your order I’ll do your Hekate sigil like this.

The 6 3/4 inch size will be $30 each when done like this.