The limits of magic

Using Jesus as an example is like using a fairytale to explain science lol. Jesus was nothing but a religious tale told to pull in believers. The legitimacy of the story in this situation is nonsense. Especially given by said story Jesus was an aspect of Yahweh or in some a demigod born of GOD and a mortal woman.

This is reality not a religious tale.

1 Like

i wouldnt be so quick to dismiss the existence of Jesus, at least add that its your belief and opinion no?

thats not actually how it was meant, its symbolic, like most of the bible, the birth of virgin signifies pure or royal blood as symbolic

Symbolism makes it worse, there’s no physical evidence of Jesus existing what so ever. My beliefs are built off experiences and available information, when it comes to the claim of a physical person or such importance as Jesus he should have some physical evidence of his existence besides religious text so for now any mention of him remains religious belief.

1 Like

i get it, sure i can understand your view.

darkest knight has talked about Tulpas which are physical bodies. Though they have beings already inside them

People talk about Atlantis. Where humanity had this power and extremely advanced technology. But a lot of them say the divine wiped them out in the flood.

Also from what I have read about UFOs, they are said to sometimes defy physics.

I don’t acknowledge what has not been wholly proven. UFOs are pure science, not magick. Before anyone goes “well they’re the same hurhur” ufos are said to be advanced technology, not spells, rituals, manifestation, etc, etc.

So that insert is pretty useless and proves nothing towards my former comment.

1 Like

Like it or not, screech all you want, EVERYTHING has limits.
That’s the cost of existence.

2 Likes

Yes there are limits for every IUC.

Maybe existence in the physical world but not others

Etheric plane has limits too. You’re less likely to find limits in the plane of imagination/astral due to it loose to very little density. However whether you’re skilled enough to tell the difference between magick and your imagination there is a different story.

1 Like

You contradicted yourself by saying lusting for results limits magic.

Not quite.

When people here talk about the supposed limits of magic…what they’re really talking about is results and how far can magick go in terms of what it can bring you. We aren’t really talking about ones method of magic to get those results. When it comes to the method, there are some fundamentals that must be upheld in order for you to get a result at all, and one of those fundamentals is making sure your lust for result is kept in check.

2 Likes

Can magic manipulate matter? Is it possible to physically shapeshift into another human being?

Yes

No

Magic will always be limited by the laws of this universe. People also have free will so spirits and magic can only influence them but not force them to do something against their own free will.

Zen

Glamour magic. Although technically you don’t shapeshift, people just perceive you differently

1 Like

@anon90630295 I don’t think the laws of this universe
are the main reason magick can be limited I think the bigger issue is energy. Put it this way… A human being can only expend so much energy so any magickal result that requires more energy then the magickian has is limited to the umpteenth degree (and likely doomed to fail) by not having sufficient energy to manifest into reality. However, everyone is entitled to their own take on what can limit magick :slight_smile:

Add: Speculation : it’s probably why there’s covens and big rituals are usually done in groups.

2 Likes