The importance of names?

So who is it usually performed on or used against?

1 Like

Angels and a false god is what the rite is based around. The one I do anyways. As I said it could be adjusted for anything I’m sure

1 Like

There is also the possibility that your name is unspoken and is beyond normal comprehension and it is symbolic.

After all we assign meaning to sounds and words and give them power.

Be aware that a name is quite a limiting label, it can be anything.

2 Likes

In my opinion a name gives power my earthly name means magic

I try to name servitors by what I want them to do shit I have one named lil rabbat in Arabian it means to bind

Having something’s name means to have power over it.

I had something else I wanted to type but it slipped my mind :sweat:

3 Likes

Know a thing’s Name and you have power over it. Old saying.

Names are super important. That said, many things have many names. I include myself in that statement though I have only ever told one living being my true name.

2 Likes

Your Magickal name, particularly your first one will have consequences. Mine did, it was Frater C.L.

Al.

2 Likes

How do you find it?

Your true name? It’ll come to you or, oftentimes, something will refer to you by a name that you’ve never heard but feels more familiar than the one you carry in this life. Like an asshat angel-archangel-whatever-the-fuck-he-is-this-time-around who acts like your pal and then you learn all this other shit about…uh. You know, as an example.

2 Likes

I chose it from a book. Boring isn’t it, but it still have consequences.

Al.

I actually think I might know it. It was something I came up with a few years ago for a laugh. It sounds weird though lol. Funny weird :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

For what it’s worth my Magickal motto is:

You fuck with me! I fuck with you!

I also have a special connexion with Atu XVI.

Al.

2 Likes

Names are very important, especially; if you have discovered your true name. Think back to like Ancient Egypt for example. They understood the importance and the power that even just one name could be and if you did something bad via killed, etc., they would have scrubbed your name from the face of the Earth. Names, especially; your true name are a part of your existence. Without it, you cease to exist. Names alone can also be words of untold power. Hell, just calling out the spirits name is inviting power into your temple and life itself.

1 Like

So what does this say about all the major demons we know of? Belial, Lucifer, Azazel… If that’s the case why would they ever tell us their true names?

“knowing the True Name of specifically a demon which holds immense power over it.”

Blockquote

I believe EA is delving into this at least in part with his current work regarding the 9 gate keepers. I doubt any of these spirits would ever revel their true names. Even if they did my guess is it would be something more akin to a pattern of energy, not a spoken name.

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to watch the 9 gatekeeper videos but every time I’m about to I get chills because of Azazel. I didn’t know Azazel was Azazel till this past 2 or 3 months, but I’ve known him for 5 years. He gave me another name initially, which was confusing because I remember him telling me that it was his name but not what he’s called. And then when I shared that name with someone he got really really upset with me. None of that made any sense until now that I read all of this. Thank you.

3 Likes

And then sometimes it just comes to you.

1 Like

Doesn’t that mean Death?

The House of the Devil.

Al.

Thanks