The importance of names?

Are names important? What does it mean if spirits start calling you by another name? I’ve come in contact with some different spirits that have called me by a name other than my birth name. I recognized it as my own which was a weird realization. It gave me the kind of jolting you would feel if you were riding in a car that was going full speed and suddenly slammed on the breaks, and leaves a sweet taste in my mouth when I say it. It’s like I just remembered something that was taken from me or something I had forgotten. When I found out it was my name even Azazel congratulated me and gave me what I’ll just say was a reward. Do past life names carry on or something? Or are there soul names?

4 Likes

Your magick name is probably what you’ve found. Congratulations. Btw, don’t tell anyone it…

3 Likes

What do magick names work for? And yikes what sort of implications would there be if I told?

1 Like

From my understanding, its your true name. The name your existence will always be called. And you know how powerful names can be (ie unmaking beings from existence)

Once you find it your magick becomes more potent from what I’ve heard… Has many benefits, most of which I am unaware lol.

I’m sure there are more experienced members who know more and could correct me if I’m wrong

2 Likes

I would like to know who the best entity would be to contact to find out what your name is

2 Likes

Unmaking beings from existence? Wow… I didn’t know that was possible.

4 Likes

There’s lots of ways to learn it… A local witch teaches how to find it where I live

2 Likes

Oh yes… Most people assume the “speaking a name backwards” thing is bs… But it isn’t… I work in a current where this is a foundational rite.

4 Likes

So I would imagine you would have to first find out what someone’s name is to perform the rite? How do you go about doing that?

2 Likes

The rite I (and a few other members here) do consists of speaking angelic names as well as the false light’s name backwards and absorbing their power whilst unmaking them from existence.

Although by that logic it could be applied to anything you know the true name of…

4 Likes

Very interesting and something I am interested in doing. Although with me and what I have been told might be something I will need to have more strength to control

2 Likes

So if I told someone my name… and they tried to make me out of existence right now while I’m still alive and breathing… what would happen? Would I die or get sick? Or when I die thenn I’ll cease to exist

2 Likes

This is a thought experiment I’ve kicked around on the forum before… No one I know of has tried this, nor do many people think to… I believe it would gradually start to end you… It wouldn’t be an instant death, as there is a lot of power stored in us and our Sol…

But realistically, the only answer I have is I’m unsure

2 Likes

So who is it usually performed on or used against?

1 Like

Angels and a false god is what the rite is based around. The one I do anyways. As I said it could be adjusted for anything I’m sure

1 Like

There is also the possibility that your name is unspoken and is beyond normal comprehension and it is symbolic.

After all we assign meaning to sounds and words and give them power.

Be aware that a name is quite a limiting label, it can be anything.

2 Likes

In my opinion a name gives power my earthly name means magic

I try to name servitors by what I want them to do shit I have one named lil rabbat in Arabian it means to bind

Having something’s name means to have power over it.

I had something else I wanted to type but it slipped my mind :sweat:

3 Likes

Know a thing’s Name and you have power over it. Old saying.

Names are super important. That said, many things have many names. I include myself in that statement though I have only ever told one living being my true name.

2 Likes

Your Magickal name, particularly your first one will have consequences. Mine did, it was Frater C.L.

Al.

2 Likes