The Divine Feminine, who is the Goddess older than Naamah?

Naamah and Lilith are siblings, but Lilith doesn’t predate Ishtar/Inanna. Probably they came around the same time but unlikely of predating.

3 Likes

Thanks for the insight! ◉‿◉

Sounds to me like they are twins then. However, if you go by the Jewish tradition the concept that Lilith was created at the same time as Adam(a very common belief), it would stand to reason that she does predate Ishtar/Inanna. My sources are sketchy about things at the moment due to recent findings. But still worth investigating.

Well there is a 3rd sister also lol

1 Like

Agrat bat Mahlat?

Lilith, Namaah, Agrat, and Eisheth

3 Likes

:bow_and_arrow::gift_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heartbeat:

The four winds. The four stars.

The four corners. :sunny:

Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

5 Likes

My fun curiosity is if they were all created at the same time and what do each of them have that differ from the others as far as personality goes.

That’s where the research comes into play!

Have fun. :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::v:

I’m outta here! It’s sunshine and summertime.

Become your own Goddess, boo!

Oh yeah, fireflies are Magickal. :gift_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Any bright ideas on where I can get the best research on them?

Crowley’s books. :blush:

Wikipedia - then use the references guide to check books.

Google searches.

1 Like

The Egyptian Goddess Isis

Since I am the original OP of this thread, I will be sharing more about her within the next couple of weeks. Falcons and hawks (which are dominant in my area) have popped up frequently within the last two weeks. As far as I know, raptors are not within my area and when I see hawks, my mind automatically goes to this Goddess.

While my own path working will be kept completely silenced, I will happily share on how to gain knowledge of Egyptian Goddess Isis.

Her bird is known as the “Black Kite”.

The first and easiest answer is that Isis is a Bird Goddess. Her most important sacred animal is a bird of prey. The Goddess often takes the form of Her sacred raptor; the kestrel (the most common falcon in Egypt) or the black kite. The wings of Isis are among Her most dynamic attributes. The widespread wings of the Goddess are the means by which she fans renewed life into Osiris.

This bird is my spirit animal. My relationship with this Goddess is developing, slowly. She is NOT Hekate. Nor is she the embodiment of Hakate. Who the human embodiment of the Egyptian Goddess Isis is will come at later time - for she is the ruler of the Heavens. She is the main Goddess to the Pharaohs. She works with two other Egyptian Goddess in the underworld.

She is the Queen of the Blue Lotus. And so much more. She is also associated with the Nile.

For now, this is the most information I have decided to add.

3 Likes

Babalon
the holy whore

Ziva

Živa, (also Živa, Šiva, Siwa, Żiwia), was the Slavic goddess of life, love and fertility. She was worshipped throughout what is now Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia and Germany (and especially the Elbe (Labe) river valley), before Christianity expanded into the area.

She was wife of one of the main Slavic gods – Dažbog – the god of sun. Together they showed up like twins creating the symbol of pigeon.

She was an impressive woman with long hair and powerful eyes.

Chronicler Helmold calls Živa Polabian “goddess”, but in common with other chroniclers does not describe her. Her image appears only in the second publication of his chronicle in the year 1659. There are many indications that the goddess Živa was symbolically represented in the stream of fresh water, the source of all life. Her figure, which it would be evidently impossible to portray in its true symbolism reflects more than a female figure, - youth, beauty and tenderness, life and its renewal… All that the later goddesses of love, for example Greek Aphrodite or Roman Venus express only to some extent.

Goddess Živa had vanished from memory, but the folk tradition has retained her figure and meaning in various guises. There are records particularly referring to “living water”, sometimes as focus of worship that indicates either by name or indirectly the goddess of life, Živa.

It is probable that the worship of Fata in Oglej (Aquileia),- a maiden goddess who foretells future, and is connected with births, can be identified with Živa. Like a number of Celtic deities, it would appear, as indicated on several preserved inscriptions, that she was transposed into the Roman pantheon of gods, and became Fata, dea barbarica.

There are no direct records about how much was Živa, her Polabian version, connected with the figure of female beauty and fertility. That she was an important goddess we may conclude from the fact that in the year 1157 they built a cathedral on the hill in Ratibor, where her temple had stood.

About her worship in Carantania there are also no records. However, Slovenian historian Linhart writes: Shiva, goddess of life; she was worshipped by Polabians, Raniolans have given this title to the planet Venus. Linhart’s record is of the essence in further pursuit of her presence in pre-christian pantheon of Carantanians.

More Information:

1 Like

Can I ask if you’ve worked with her before? Im feeling drawn to the motherly love and possibilities for emotional And relationships based healing and growth. I’ve struggled with those things alot and don’t really feel comfortable discussing them here but I definitely feel something calling me to her.

1 Like

@dagar

I have not. A lot of the Goddesses I end up having a relationship with or work with end up “falling” into the pieces of my puzzle.

Maybe this will help in your healing process. You do not need to go in publicly with what you are dealing with. If you need to talk, there will be those who will be brought into your life who will listen.

However, sometimes the journey goes it alone.

Just remember, explore the all options of Goddesses you feel drawn too. I’ve worked with Az Jahi a lot.

1 Like

I’m getting teary reading that. Thank you…

1 Like

You’re welcome.

1 Like

Hathor? Babalon?

@Cherry2

You’ll find many of the Goddesses are one in the same.

Babalon /ˈbæbælən/ (also known as the Scarlet Woman, Great Mother or Mother of Abominations) is a goddess found in the occult system of Thelema, which was established in 1904 with the writing of The Book of the Law by English author and occultist Aleister Crowley.

Hathor, in ancient Egyptian religion, goddess of the sky, of women, and of fertility and love. Hathor’s worship originated in early dynastic times (3rd millennium bce). The name Hathor means “estate of Horus” and may not be her original name. In her cult centre at Dandarah in Upper Egypt, she was worshipped with Horus.

Also, use the search function on this. :butterfly::two_hearts:

2 Likes