The difference between Demonic Circle of Pacts and Gateway of Pacts

I have been wondering about this for a long time now. What the difference is between the Demonic Circle of Pacts, and the Gateway of Pacts. What is the difference in effect between them when put to use in a normal evocation (be it angelic or demonic), or in making a pact? And what is the difference in function between the two?

I noticed that E.A. used the Gateway of Pacts in his lecture on evocation. It was also the Gateway of Pacts that was the circle on the floor in his studio. On Dante’s site, it’s mentioned that the Demonic Circle of Pacts was used during his specific work with Azazel those, was it ninety days?
They both have two circles, and they both in their different ways have a triangle effect inside the circle, the Demonic Circle of Pacts with the actual triangle inside, and the Gateway of Pacts with the conjuration in the demonic script written in the form of three points forming a triangle. So the difference seems to be the words/names, and the fact that the Demonic Circle of Pacts has a few christian symbols inverted.

The BoA mentions that the Gateway of Pacts is used to make additional pacts with the subjects of Azazel, but it appears that E.A. is using the Gateway of Pacts in evocations in general over the Demonic Circle of Pacts, so I’m wondering what the difference is between these two circles.

In E.A.'s video where he shows his magic temple and talks about the Mastering Evocation Course, he mentions that he plans to make and sell magic circles, these circles being the Gateway of Pacts, right? Since it was the Gateway of Pacts in the video.

If this has been mentioned before then I’m sorry. I made a search and didn’t find the answer I was looking for.

2 Likes

The major differences between the 2 circles is in how they are made i.e charged, opened and bound to you. Unfortunately I’m bound not to reveal those secrets. However I can say that working through the BoA you will most definitely find out those secrets.
Also if I had to guess E.A. would probably make the Demonic Circle of Pacts and not the Gateway. But this is just conjecture.

[quote=“Reaper, post:2, topic:976”]The major differences between the 2 circles is in how they are made i.e charged, opened and bound to you. Unfortunately I’m bound not to reveal those secrets. However I can say that working through the BoA you will most definitely find out those secrets.
Also if I had to guess E.A. would probably make the Demonic Circle of Pacts and not the Gateway. But this is just conjecture.[/quote]

These details were obtained through communication with the spirits or in consultation with E.A.?

Soundwave I got this info from a combination of meditations and evocation I did with Azazel and a few nethers from the BoA.

Soundwave and I discussed this with a few others in another thread, but one thing to clarify:

The circle from the Evocation video is not the Gateway of Pacts from the BoA. It is also not the same thing as the Demonic Circle of Pacts - note the missing triangle and other markings on the inside.

The circle from the video is much more like the circle in the Kingdom of Flames, and is a proper evocation circle. The KoF circle is only a single circle, and has a demonic rune at the 4 cardinal stations. The circle in the video is a double circle, with apparently demonic words at the 4 cardinal stations.

The Gateway of Pacts is a double circle, and has demonic words at 3 points, not four. Also, from what I have gathered, the Gateway of Pacts is a gateway, not an evocation circle. The ones I’ve seen constructed seem to be much smaller, and I believe the purpose is that you open them like other gateways and gaze into and enter them. I could be mistaken, but I feel pretty confident that this is how they act - as a gateway, not as an evocation circle.

Edit: I see now that the one in the video does indeed have 3 inscriptions, my mistake. Could well be one and the same circle. I’m still of the impression that the Gateway can be used for other purposes, but I won’t stand by that 100%. Those who have used them will know more, so I defer to their assessment until I learn it myself.

1 Like

The first gateway may also be used I place of the triangle outside the circle. So your logic that the gateway is smaller than a standard circle makes a lot of sense.

Yea, I meant to add that - again, this is what I have picked up through observation, rather than my own experience. But, I think the Gateway of Pacts may also be used in place of the triangle of manifestation (this may even be the primary purpose).

I think the confusion is coming from the fact that the BOA states that the gateway is to be drawn on the ground around the operator.

Skipping to the 38th minute of EA’s evocation seminar, you can clearly see the grand invocation inscribed at the three points within the double concentric circle, as per the Gateway of Pacts. It’s the same as the one in the behind-the-scenes video of EA’s temple where he says it’s purpose is to invoke and evoke at the same time.

Redcircle there is a reason that the circle from the video looks like the one from KoF. But that is something you’d have to find out on your own or E.A. may be willing to tell.

I stand corrected. Watched it again, there are 3 not 4 inscriptions. Still not 100% that the one in the video is the Gateway of Pacts though. However, I am only going from reference, not from personal use, so I readily admit others know more than I do.

Also, I don’t feel like digging the book out right now to be certain, so I’ll take your word for it.

It is definately the Gateway of Pacts that is lying on the ground in both videos. I checked again to be sure. A couple of the symbols were written reversed. Whether that means that E.A. was sloppy in making the Gateway symbols on the circle he made for himself, or if the Gateway in BoA in the CW is deliberately or unintentionally made the wrong way, or if it just doesn’t matter which way these symbols turn, I have no idea.

Also TheWanderingFool is right, BoA states that the circle is to either be drawn around the operator, or to be used as a triangle of manifestation outside of the circle. It’s apparently a multi-purpose tool.

Okay, so now that I have been thoroughly confused, can the Gateway of Pacts from BoA be used for general/primary evocation purposes or not? If not, then should one default to using the circle from WoD?

From what I gather from the BOA it is used for further pact making and working with the demons of the book. Peronally I plan to use a standard circle until the need/desire to pact myself presents itself. If the method from EE works with entities including gods then it should be sufficient for anything I choose to evoke. When I’m proficient at evocation I will definetly ask what the differences are.

Okay, that makes sense WanderingFool.  So then the next logical question that I'm putting forth now is this:  Has anyone here used the Gateway of Pacts and/or a general evocation circle (like the one in WoD or EE) and if so, have they noticed any difference in their evocation process in regards to the circle being used?  The reason I put forth this questions is because I'm sure there are newbies such as myself that want to be doing the appropriate methods/steps/process when we start doing evocations.  I can't say whether using a Gateway of Pacts in a general evocation will alter the outcome or not but I'm sure their are others within this forum that have.
 I know this seems to delve too much into the details and all that, but hey, the devil IS in the details, ya know!

To use the Gateway of Pacts to it’s fullest potential there are a few thing that must be completed beforehand. I have personally tried to use it for general evocation without completing the necessary rituals first and found that it works just fine. However as TheWanderingFool has said it’s used to make additional pacts with demons, not just from the BoA though. That being said using a regular circle and triangle or Demonic Circle of Pacts is more than sufficient for evocations if you are new to this.

Could you write about these necessary rituals for the use of the Gateway of Pacts, Reaper?

Thank you Reaper…I know that being a neophyte in all this may seem annoying to the rest of the more seasoned practioners, but I wanna make sure I ‘come correct’, ya know

Attis unfortunately I can’t say exactly what the ritual is as I am bond to keep that secret. I will say read and re-read and read between the lines of the BoA and you will find it no problem.

Vows of secrecy and keep silence laws SUCK!!! xD
Anyway, thanks for the info and advice, Reaper. :slight_smile: