The Daemon Tarot

So I picked up this deck today called “The Daemon Tarot”.
It’s a non-traditional deck consisting of only 68 cards which contain the portraits of different demons some of which I’ve never heard of before.The demons contained are from the “Dictionnaire Infernal” or translated “Infernal Dictionary”.
The deck came with an actual book containing 2 pages to each demon.
One page with the portrait and the other page with a short history of the demon,the authors interpretation of the demon in question plus what the card might hold,and finally a divination meaning to the card.
The author says these cards are good for one card draws and he gives a layout that is unique to the deck which reminds me of a simple rune layout in the form of a cross consisting of 5 cards face up then a 6th card face down to the right of the layout which could represent someone who could help you if the situation doesn’t look good or could correspond to the demon itself.

A friend of mine has a simular deck called "The Infernal Tarot"and he says each day he draws a card and gets the demon Furfur.

He said the last draw where he drew Furfur he was told to shut up and listen.
He didn’t reveal to me what was told to him,but he’s been my friend for 13 years and I trust him.

I hadn’t seen him awhile and he was brought back into my life through me performing a ritual to bring someone to practice with.

I’m introducing him to EA’s works amd we are planning on colaborating in the dark arts.

But I digress.
Has anyone used the cards before?
If so what were your experiences?

I also bought the “Rider Waite Deck” to see how different it is to the “Thoth Deck”
(Which I already know there’s quite a difference but want to see if these cards will be easier for a novice such as myself)

Anyway I would love to hear your guy’s inputs and/or thoughts on “The Daemon Tarot”

I described.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Sounds incredibly interesting
How interepatable is the symbology? ((Is there a paradigm of symbology like the hermetic one of more standard Tarot?

Is the art unique? Gonna go look for pictures. I know there is a YouTube video of a dark infernal tarot.

No symbolism.Just a portrait of the demon from the infernal dictionary.From what I understand the symbolism is hidden within the history,personality,and attributes of the demon.
Which means you have to learn more about the demon to get the meaning.

Sounds very similar to the “Fallen Angel” tarot deck I have. Each card is a demon taken from the Goetia.

There are quite a few Goetic demons in my deck but it also has demons like Lucifer,Azazel,Beezlebub,etc.
Where did you get The Fallen Angel deck? I was really disapointed when I couldn’t find Belial in mine lol

2 Likes

I found it at Chapters, of all places. They’re called ‘Fallen Angel Oracle Cards,’ and yes, the set does have Belial :slight_smile:

Wow that deck looks absolutely amazing!..I’m ordering one NOW!

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/fallen-angel-oracle/

Wow that deck looks absolutely amazing!..I’m ordering one NOW!

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/fallen-angel-oracle/[/quote]Yeah, the art is pretty amazing. It’s why I bought the deck. Well, that and the whole “fallen angel” mystique. LOL

1 Like

[quote=“Cogitation, post:2, topic:2571”]Sounds incredibly interesting
How interepatable is the symbology? ((Is there a paradigm of symbology like the hermetic one of more standard Tarot?

Is the art unique? Gonna go look for pictures. I know there is a YouTube video of a dark infernal tarot.[/quote]Yeah I do I have them too. but I dont really know how to use them. I have the Thoth cards because thats whats in the course. I’m trying to get good at memeroizing the meanings. I got them two days ago I’m alomost half way there.

I also have this deck, but I honestly haven’t done much work with it. I mainly purchased it for the artwork and as sort of a companion piece to my copy of Trident Books’ Demonographia: The Fountainhead of Diabolic Portraiture.

Here’s a picture of my copy of the Daemon Tarot. The design and artwork is very nicely put together. I plan to experiment with it, but as for actual readings, I use my Thoth deck. However, it’s a nice deck and worth the money, either way.

I saw this at Barnes and Noble for the first time last Friday, and was debating whether or not to make the purchase since I’d been looking for a demonic themed deck. Think you just settled the matter for me. Gonna have to pick this up soon.

It’s actually a pretty good deck for readings.
My friend does really well with it.
Plus the book gives a little backstory of the demon which can be useful for prepatory immersion.

I picked up the Fallen Angels deck, it’s beautiful. I’m doing some preparatory immersion with Purson right now and meditating on his card, I can feel the energy & nobility of it literally crackling with power. I simply switch back & forth in the T/G sync from the sigal to the card, calling the spirit’s name, and transferring the energy back & forth.

I’m thinking of doing a binding on each card, one every few days, infusing each demons sigal into the cards. Perhaps I’ll get myself into the T/G sync with the sigal & some candles, call forth the spirit, ask it attach it’s essence to the card, and simply picture myself in the future performing rituals & readings with these cards.

Thoughts? Is it a good idea to bind the spirits essence to these cards? Would this be leaving open too many gateways?

1 Like

That’s actually a fuckin badass idea Gnosis!
I’m gonna have to try that!
The only place I can find that deck is online.
Might have to take a trip to Barnes and Nobles again.

Where did you find yours Gnosis?

[quote=“Musta_Krackish, post:14, topic:2571”]That’s actually a fuckin badass idea Gnosis!
I’m gonna have to try that!
The only place I can find that deck is online.
Might have to take a trip to Barnes and Nobles again.

Where did you find yours Gnosis?[/quote]

Amazon

I don’t think it would be bad to bind their essence to the card, just be clear about what influence you wish for them to have. I have Vassago bound to my pendulum board but I don’t consider it a gateway, more of a bound relic meant for one particular function.

I tried Gnosis’s idea yesterday with Paimon,Sitri,and Belial.
Then shuffled the 3 cards and laid out a spread.
The reading was dead on what I was asking about.

1 Like

the fool had a post about “the infernal tarot of dr. faust” the art work wasn’t really good but the concept of it was cool.

I myself was very disappointed when I couldn’t find Belial in my Daemon Tarot card deck either…

Welcome @MaShae_Ashley. Please introduce yourself in the NEW MAGICIAN AND INTRODUCTIONS area, and tell us about yourself and any experience in magick you may have. It is a rule of this forum.