The cost of suicide - RHP/LHP perspectives

I have no idea what happens after death, but something about that just seems off to me. I kind of doubt it just based on near-death experiences, but there’s no proof that such phenomena aren’t purely in the brain. Then again, magick stuff might just take place in the brain, too!

I think the idea of it as having bad connotations is religious nothing more.
I watch people who can do nothing but lay in bed and sit in a wheelchair at meals then go back to laying in bed. Others wonder why they want to die? Really?
I see no reason why someone can’t end this incarnation if they choose and honestly do not understand there being a “cost” .
I do agree there are times when it’s not necessary (such as one suffering from clinical depression who’s begun having suicidal thoughts) and those cases I’d try to talk them out of it.

6 Likes

Magick does take place in the brain as much as outside it.

2 Likes

I hope you’re feeling better @Eye_of_Ra.
Don’t let a guy get you down (even Azazel).
You’re a strong Princess.

3 Likes

When I was planning a suicide many years ago, (I was about 23 maybe) A voice I now finally know was either Azazel or Raphael said:
“You do know you’ll just reincarnate, don’t you?”

Jerk.

Well, no, I didn’t know that, was my first thought. I was an Atheist and I badly wanted that oblivion I believed in. A bunch of gnosis flooded in at that point and I’ve never considered the spirit world didn’t exist since. I certainly didn’t want to risk doing my nasty childhood again, and I was massively upset and pissed off, like the rug was just pulled out from under me. To be fair, at that stage of my development I would have reincarnated, today… eh, I’m not sure.

7 Likes

So this may not be a popular opinion but so be it. I think this whole “do not attempt suicide at any rate” is utter bullshit and if a person chooses to end it then they probably have their reasons.
Nobody should dictate another human how long to live.

For me personally suicide is since many years a issue and the reason for my thoughts is just being tired. I am tired of living because I don’t need to be here for my sake no more. I came here with a sole purpose and this has nothing to do with me personally… this feeling of boredom and “not fitting in”, as one could describe it, is just tiring and I know (as in fucking KNOW) that if I commit suicide it feels like coming home again.

I hate that everyone is afraid of death to the point that they try to scare other people. Death may be the most awesome experience ever, who knows!

12 Likes

I’m an ex-atheist here as well. I guess I didn’t really have the ego to pull it off atheism in spite of the fact I thought that I did. I was told to “Help others do their wills.” It sounds a lot like Thelema, but it isn’t quite. I was only 15 when it happened, so I put off for many years seriously thinking about what it meant.
Anyway, as an atheist I always believed that you just became nothing after death, like the totality of your consciousness ceases to exist. It sounds like the best possible thing if you are in pain, but then, it just seems like the worst possible thing, to be consigned to oblivion of non-existence.
After I became theistic again, I came to stop caring about what happens after death, because I didn’t feel like I needed to sit and worry about it anymore.

Sounds like Raphael, he sometimes can be like asshole or sarcastic :joy:

3 Likes

I think the only kind of reason i could see to permit suicide, would being to leave this life and move forward to my next body.

However, i’m by far not done with my current work. :wink:

hence, i’ve changed body before, it’s not very pleasant.^^

i guess i should mention that my next body woun’t be on this planet anyways.
So i wouldn’t exactly feel off for leaving family behind.
For what i’ve seen upcomming…
:smile:

Sincerely,

¥’Berioth

1 Like

Im the one who should be asking this. I tried to do it thd other night

1 Like

Some people might be really sad and have to live with a thorn in their side and thats it. I’m keeping that option open for myself just in case. As long as I am needed to stay, I’ll stay. I’ll die anyway, one way or another.

2 Likes

I know this is an old thread. Oh well. For me, suicidal ideation is the result of psychic pain that your brain believes will never stop. The only way out is to die.

If you have suicidal ideation, you are really fucking depressed. It’s beyond sadness.

Many people believe suicide attempts are a cry for help or attention. I disagree.

The only thing that has kept me from committing suicide when the psychic pain has become unbearable, is that energy is neither created or destroyed. If I kill myself, I do not want to exist at all.

Catch 22.

I have no idea what happens except you go on in some form.

Talk about existential dread!

3 Likes

Re-posting for other people who may find this:

if you’re having thoughts of hurting yourself, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help, such as a crisis helpline in your country. Please visit this link to find the appropriate number:

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call your local emergency number or go to your local hospital emergency room right away. If you are unsure of the right number to call, please visit this link and call the number next to the country where you are located:

This forum cannot assist you if you feel this way, someone may say the wrong thing with good intentions and make things worse,so please seek help from a medical professional or someone you trust in your offline life. if that’s where you’re at right now.

Here are some additional contacts:

US: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)

US LGBTQ Youth (the Trevor Project): 1-866-488-7386

US Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (press 1)

Canada: 1-800-784-2433

International: Befrienders Worldwide http://www.befrienders.org/

Australia: 13-11-14 (lifeline) or 1-800-55-1800 (kids help line for 5-25 yrs old)

UK Samaritans: 116 123 (UK) & 116 123 (ROI) free of charge, or e-mail: [email protected]

Almost every country has a similar crisis line and people who are waiting to hear you out, and help as much as possible.

If that seems too much to handle, consider joining this group that offers non-judgmental peer-support if you think it will be supportive:

This is also very thought-provoking, especially for anyone dealing with shame over feeling, or having felt, that their life had become unliveable: Suicide: Read This First

3 Likes

My adversarial side doesn’t know what to think. Do I fight death or life? I was almost left with my disc severing my nerves in my back until finally rushed to the Er. I so wanted to die. The pain was the worse and the nerves were firing so much I was in and out and seconds seemed like hours or days. Closest I had to hell.

Now that that’s passed I’m not fond of dying except to face the OMNI god in hopefully ending my awareness to oblivion but I’m alive atm so I’ll stay alive. Why make my pains go away easy? That’d be me pussing out and not fighting. It’ll be hard if another life threatening circumstance with pain and extremel loss occurs again. But dead is dead.

I don’t want to join the source love fest as that’s not a journey or adversarial. If one can’t battle and fight eternally then it’s the void by choice. Ah! But wouldn’t living be fighting again? Seems like a backstep to redundancy especially when mind and ego are erased. In that case you are not you but someone else. I guess that’s erasure? Tricky fucking Omni and it’s games. Maybe it has to end to win. Death does sound like rinse and repeat and I hate dictator spirits no matter what affiliation telling me where I’ll go or what I will be doing. Maybe me want to smash them!

1 Like

Wouldn’t Azazel be able to contact you in the afterlife?