The cost of suicide - RHP/LHP perspectives

What do you think happens to you if you commit suicide ?

2 Likes

No more good food and good sex.

On the other hand, no more having to get up early either.

8 Likes

pretty sure they exist in the astral too. Perhaps even better sex

3 Likes

You would lose everything physical you’ve gained. Moreover, anything you had the potential to gain. However, more than likely your higher self will just flick you right back in a similar situation. I don’t find suicide worth it.

9 Likes

I love life!

1 Like

Yeah but there’s no guarantee that any wisp of you will survive bodily death. It may simply be game over period. The human ego doesn’t want to hear that shit, though. Oh no I’m much more important than that. This can’t be it.

Well, it may be regardless of what anyones “gnosis” or subjective beliefs may be about life after death. I love it when people go into how they were this or that in a “past life”. Really?

3 Likes

We have that here. It’s called marriage.

6 Likes

game over sounds good right now. just never be around again.

4 Likes

But what about Azazel and those who will miss you

2 Likes

I’ve wondered about this as in the past I had really fucking horrible depression and wanted to dive straight into on coming traffic. No one really has any idea what happens when you die. Is everything that we do as occultist entirely mental and there is nothing outside? Are there different planes and all the spirits we contact are real? Is it a one life situation or is there reincarnation? Who knows for certain. At this point in my development I’m leaning towards the idea that there is something else there, but ideas change with experience so I could be wrong. Hell, for all we know the “other side” or “outside of us” in actuality is too bizarre for us to understand and the things we do and experience is just a very tiny glimpse of reality.

3 Likes

probably reincarnation.

3 Likes

Azazel quiet caring about 2 months ago

1 Like

Woah you sure?

2 Likes

The thing is, spirits have their own agenda.

@Eye_of_Ra he may not care, but I do, if that makes a difference. We have similar shoes to walk in. If anyone needs to talk, my door (s) are open

5 Likes

I don’t believe that, are you sure? What happened?

1 Like

nothing we just went out seperate ways for a while…
sorry ive been in a depressed and overly stressed out place today. it happens sometimes.
i will bounce back. i always do. :sunglasses::heartpulse:

6 Likes

@Eye_of_Ra Azazel handed me over to other entities in the past. Looking back at it, I realize that he took a step backwards in order to take 2 steps forward. If he did as you say, he likely did it for a benevolent purpose, to make sense in the future. Anyways, hang in there!

2 Likes

You die. I think that’s pretty much it. Unless you believe in the eternal soul or reincarnation stuff, which I’m personally really angostic about.

I don’t agree with actually attempting suicide unless you’re in a situation you can’t get out of. Like a holocaust or terminal illness, those situations would justify suicide. But 99% of the time there’s a way out of a situation where you could if not will continue to live on. I don’t know about you but I like life and I’ll try to survive as much as I possibly can.

3 Likes

EA koetting takes the position that once you die, you have three days from the moment of death to move around in the astral dimensions before you go back to the source. However, depending upon how strong you are and how well you’ve been trained and so forth, he also believes that you have the ability to avoid going back to the source. I’m not sure which video he discusses this, but he deals with some video dealing with the afterlife on YouTube where gets into this. And if I’m mistaken, and it’s not on YouTube, then it’s either going to be in mastering evocation or Soul trouble. One of those two courses. It’s likely in a YouTube video dealing with the afterlife that he put out.

3 Likes

UPG alert - people who die in a state of intense despir or distress may find they get pulled into a lower plane (“hellish” in some cases), or that they get stuck on this plane as ghosts, only not in a cool way going round spying on folks and scaring their old foes, more like stuck in a state of powerlessness and anchored to a location, without full consciousness and with all the emotions they had before they died coming and going in waves.

OF COURSE not every person who kills themselves ends up like that, and some people have allies, guides, ancestors and whatever who’ll look out for them, but it’s a big gamble to take and the basic point I’m making is that, as a magician who believes awareness continues after death in an altered form, there’s no guarantee suicide will end someone’s troubles.

If y’all will forgive me, I’m going to pop this in here for anyone maybe reading the forum for help and feeling at the end of their tether - a place I’ve been myself on occasions in the past.

if you’re having thoughts of hurting yourself, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help, such as a crisis helpline in your country. Please visit this link to find the appropriate number:

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call your local emergency number or go to your local hospital emergency room right away. If you are unsure of the right number to call, please visit this link and call the number next to the country where you are located:

This forum cannot assist you if you feel this way, so please seek help from a medical professional if that’s where you’re at right now.

Here are some additional contacts:

US: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)

US LGBTQ Youth (the Trevor Project): 1-866-488-7386

US Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (press 1)

Canada: 1-800-784-2433

International: Befrienders Worldwide http://www.befrienders.org/

Australia: 13-11-14 (lifeline) or 1-800-55-1800 (kids help line for 5-25 yrs old)

UK Samaritans: 116 123 (UK) & 116 123 (ROI) free of charge, or e-mail: [email protected]

Almost every country has a similar crisis line and people who are waiting to hear you out, and help as much as possible.

If that seems too much to handle, consider joining this group that offers non-judgmental peer-support if you think it will be supportive:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SuicideWatch/

This is also very thought-provoking, especially for anyone dealing with shame over feeling, or having felt, that their life had become unliveable: Suicide: Read This First

8 Likes