The Black Flame

I am searching for any reference to a “black flame” in any metaphorical or literal sense. Recently I had a spirit come to me, it was different from those I typically deal with. It’s energy almost overwhelming in presence. It whispered to me in a feminine voice “The black flame is with you.” Immediately following this I become overwhelmingly tired and fell asleep. In my dream I was drowning I think, but not suffocating, sort of floating. Direction didn’t exist. In this dream I saw a girl in black, yellow eyes, and a white horse. I don’t recall much else of it. If anyone could help to make some sense of it or just have any material involving whatever the black flame may be, it would be highly appreciated.

“Black flame” gives a lot of hits in the search bar. Apparently it’s linked to many different demons such as Lucifer, Azazel,… Google only offers some video game reference :smiley: You could try to call the deities that give any vibes that “this could be it” and ask.

3 Likes

E.A. Koetting and @C.Kendall have done extensive work with the black flame, and Asenath Mason talks about in her Draconian Ritual book.

Moved to Dreamwork as divining what a dream means is a whole art and divination seems to be the focus here rather than a specific spirit.

3 Likes

The definition of what the black flame is exactly differs quite a lot for a lot of people. Almost every adversarial/ LHP current has their own, slightly different, definition. My conclusion is that nobody knows exactly what it is.

As for in magick, it’s tied to the Manipura (solar plexus) chakra and is a source of energy, power and will, if I put it very bluntly. I’ve heard some say it’s a different term for the divine spark, but that’s not at all the case in my experience. It’s also linked to the black sun, but a little disclaimer about that. There’s even more diverse definitions, uncertainty and misinformation about that one.

C. Kendall (The Infernal Obelisk) has a great video on his YouTube explaining his view on the black flame.

You could also check out his “Activate Your Black Flame Now” guided meditation. It’s pretty powerful.

1 Like

When I was in the Temple of Set, the term was used constantly. It refers to the spark within that inspires you to “Become” (or, to or grow spiritually and evolutionarily) while glorying in your uniqueness, independence, and power. You can look at it as demonic inspiration. :slight_smile:

You’re very fortunate to have such a dream, especially if you’ve never heard the term before.

2 Likes