The Amazing Movies Thread

(this film is also called Endless Descent)

When it comes to horror I also love it when it takes place underwater like Leviathan, which I mentioned that movie on here before another great underwater movie I recommend.

I just discovered this movie at random, I’m glade I watched it the 80s has alot of gems.

Update. I just found out that apparently ghost house is a film series?? In the pic it’s says “La Casa” which apparently translates to ‘House’? I’m just going by Google so there is a chance it’s mistranslated. But in the picture it says 4 Soo where’s 1 and 2?

Origin of Evil honestly took me by surprise! It’s very rare I think to have a shitty 1st movie and All of a sudden part 2 is Fucking gold…I literally think this is ONLY movie I’ve seen that the 2nd is better than the 1st! If nobody remembers (well I’m pretty sure not a lot people don’t remember that movie because it sucks balls lol) the 1st film came out in 2014 that 1 was just called ‘Ouija’ Oh wait! Now I think about it ‘Annabelle: creation’ was another 1 that surprised me compared the the 1st.

Oh man I forgot all about this movie, this is actually based on the short film on youtube which is pretty creepy I’ll link it here:

Okay so this movie is a prequel to the prequel Annabelle… which is another prequel to the conjuring? I think…I don’t know it’s kinda hard to explain lol But something like that.
I also like the first 2 conjuring movies too! Those are pretty good.

1 Like

La casa 4 is honestly not my favorite horror movie but still a movie I enjoyed enough to recommend it.

This movie was made by Full moon form my knowledge they made a lot of classic horror films, this 1 I just happened to find it’s a horror/monster flick pretty great film it’s a 8/10

I saw this 1 by accident when I was trying to find something else and I have to say it really took me by surprise definitely a flick I recommend!:+1:

Is another good 1 too!

This is actually Pitch Black 3…This is one of those moments when a movie is named something then they have a sequel then they name it completely different. But the name to this is just ‘Riddick’ Which makes it look like a reboot but really it isn’t It’s a continuation of the 2nd movie This one I actually enjoyed quite a bit

to me it’s basically the 1st movie but more fun I enjoyed this movie quite a bit actually The first one is still pretty good but this one exceeds it even though it’s basically the 1st film but still a enjoyable watch. Especially the box scene I love the box scene lol But definitely binge watch all of these movies You can actually watch them all for free if you have the cinemax HD app.

1 Like

Random People waking up in a cube and have to find a way to the surface. You would think it would be a pretty boring movie but this sci-fi horror flick took me by surprise. Definitely worth a watch!

This movie is fucking awesome! This was directed by John Carpenter the same guy that did the original 78 Halloween movie. The music is fucking badass too with the fucking heavy metal…oh yeah soO badass John did good!:metal: which I think John also did the music for this movie this came out in 2001 which was the same year that Jason X came out which was another great Sci-Fi Film too.the

only bad thing I can say about Ghost of Mars is that there are like 3 scenes they repeat the same thing when a person is re-explaining the story I thought it was pretty annoying when They just kind of just showed us instead of we cutting to where they were to share the other person was but besides that great movie.

Okay let’s be real here… this movie gets a lot of shit and yeah I can see why I mean most of it is just people walking through dark corridors infact I remember in a video the nostalgia critic actually called this dark corridors the movie which he isn’t lying about that lol but I honestly don’t think of this as a Doom movie the

only thing close that it gets to look like Doom is they have the BFG and the 1st person mode at the end and thats Pretty much it… but yeah I honestly enjoyed it even though… yeah it’s not a Doom movie that i wanted but it’s still enjoyable they did make another doom movie that came out last year but unfortunately I heard

that 1 sucked too so that’s a shame I just don’t understand why they can’t do a Doom movie Justice…I mean the plot is basically there in the video games it doesn’t have to be complicated at all Just put a guy in a suit and have him be badass that’s all it takes but I’m holding out hope we’ll have a better Doom movie some day😭 lol

Edit I just realized I already recommend shutter island a while ago didn’t mean to post it again.

(2008)

I really enjoyed this I thought it was pretty close to the games and it was brutal just like them to this doesn’t hold back the gore either. The only thing I can say that I didn’t like Which really it’s not a big thing it’s just a small nitpick. there’s this scene when there’s this pulsating alien thing on the ceiling and If you played the first

game you can clearly tell it’s a recycled noise from Isaac breathing heavily in his helmet which I thought that was odd. They couldn’t get some weird creature inhaling sound? And I was just a weird design decision I guess they were low on budget or something but, besides that small part really great movie. They also made another Dead space movie in 2011 called ‘Dead Space: Aftermath’ But I don’t recommend that one The animation was just awful.

Both films are Available to watch on Tubi TV.

@Timothy I know you said to post IMDB links but this is the only movie I know so far that doesn’t have 1. The 1st link it as is to Steam so I just posted a picture of it if that’s okay.

Another movie I forgot to mention! It’s amazing to see Fox give the okay to this movie! And I’m glad because it was really hilarious Definitely worth a watch they also made 2 others but I haven’t seen those yet.

2 Likes

I wanted to also add that it would have been REALLY great cameos to see Hugh Jackman come back as Wolverine in this movie and his reactions to Deadpool it sucks he’s done playing the character now.:sweat:

I love me some campy comedic horror and this movie was pretty good:

And I just finished watching the sequel, which was also decent:

Remember kids, if you want to stay safe from being a Satanic sacrifice, get laid.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I heard that movie was cool! I didn’t know they made a part 2 I’ll put that 1 on my list.:+1:

In a review I was watching they said it’s like that movie Home Alone but with gore which I thought was pretty cool.

I still haven’t seen it yet manly because it’s a Netflix exclusive… which we have Netflix but the person I’m with refuses to find out what there password was again which angered me greatly lol

1 Like

Finally getting around to this movie after hearing about it for so long! Unfortunately I couldn’t see ‘Army Of Darkness’ (1992) which is 3rd out of the franchise They also made a reboot in 2013 but I honestly didn’t care for that It was just one of those Hollywood needs another 1 or whatever. I heard the TV show is pretty good I haven’t seen it yet though, But definitely the 2nd film is my favorite it seems there’s a lot of action It’s pretty fast pace, 6 minutes in And it’s just action Also the creatures in these movies would say zombies? but they’re not zombies they’re like demon creature undead things?? I don’t know its hard to describe but they’re definitely not zombies.

2 Likes

I haven’t heard of this movie before but I think someone posted the trailer awhile back somewhere on this forum, but I finally got around to it and I have to say GREAT film! If you love horror you should check this 1 out! I honestly saw the 2014 TV show 1st which I DO NOT recommend it’s boring…very.

1 Like

HOLY FUCK GUYS!!! I just FINALLY finished ‘Mortal kombat scorpion’s revenge’ and it FUCKING A 10/10! STOP WHAT YIUR DOING AND GO WATCH! If you love the recent MortalKombat games your going to fucking love this!

For whatever reason I had SO MUCH Technical Difficulties with the streaming service I literally spent at least 3 days trying to I’m watch it only now it was working but still a little skippy but it cleared up.

By the ending they might make another 1 which I’m down this movie does have some similarities to the game like the whole x-ray thing from Mortal Kombat 9 and if your wondering YES theres GORE LOTS OF IT the kills are also insane! :+1:OH! Lol! And I also love how Jonny thinks he’s in a movie the whole time and doesn’t know what’s going on :joy:
Overall it was fun over all through!

Since I’m talking about Mortal Kombat I do also recommend the 95 movie it’s more like a PG-13 compared to the actual games so no gore unfortunately but even though yeah it’s cheesy but still a pretty great video game movie that 1 is a 8 for me NOW I DO NOT RECOMMEND the other MK movie after that uuuhh…there pretty bad…TRUST me don’t put yourself through that torture.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0000000000113855/

1 Like

Someone was telling me about this movie they recommend it to me with high praise

But honestly I liked it less then they did, but I still felt that this is still a great watch to recommend also perfectly casted too! Jonah cast as Donnie being my favorite character

But what brings the score down to me to a 7 is that the 3rd act was a little to much like some things needed to be cut. If you don’t like long movies you may not honestly want to finish this it’s a good 3 hour long movie.

1 Like

Spiderwick Chronicles!

1 Like

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt07752126/

Im finally getting
around to this movie and im glade i did!

This is movie basically
explores the concept of what if Superman decides to lose his shit!
Now im not sure this is a actually based in the lore of superman I would maybe call if a ‘elseworld story’ of the Superman universe maybe? But there are some brutal scenes in this and the practical effects are really great!

But I would give this a 9/10 definitely worth seeing!

I heard part 2 is on the way which well come out next year I think.

1 Like

I just really like this one for some reason and this was one of the films that subtly nudged me to begin exploring and practicing magick

1 Like

This movie was great back in the 90s. John Leguizamo was at his best in this movie. I don’t think there’s anyone out there who could play the clown as good as him. Fuck all the haters. Spawn is still a great movie if you’re a fan of the comics.

If alice in wonderland was a really fucked up crime drama.

Probably the best vampire movie I ever saw and it’s based on on one of the best graphic novels I ever read. I absolutely love everything about this movie.

Hands down the best Kurt Russell movie ever made. This movie used to give me nightmares when I was a kid.

A worthy sequel to the shinning.

What’s not to like. It’s one of the best werewolf movies ever made. It deserves a remake. Plus the werewolves in the howling series are pretty iconic.

3 Likes

@3rd_Eye_Drops I would also recommend a marathon of both batman the animated series and Spawn the cartoon show both great night time flicks! :wink:

Funfact I have NEVER seen ANY of ‘The thing’ movies lol I told this movie buff this awhile back he was so shocked!

Imfact I still have yet to see a SINGLE Rocky movie or any of the die hard movies!

I have some serious watching to do lol

2 Likes

Shockingly I have not seen many Eddie Murphy movies so I’ve been trying to watch more of his stuff now and 1 movie I heard was a 10/10 classic was Trading places and I I LOVED it definitely 1 of my top favorite comedy movies now!

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt000086465/

3 Likes

Finally rewatched this classic this movie is also a 10/10

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt00094898/

…I also rewatched it to prepare for part 2 and…yeah the 2nd movie is pretty bad to me it was a 2/10. Im not going to go on a rant but it really left a bad taste in my mouth the casting was amazing infact they actually managed to get everybody from the 1st movie and the flash back scenes where done great but the writing is bad I have so much to say about the 2nd film but ill just end it here I mean there were funny Moments in the 2nd movie like I really love the witch doctor he was fucking hilarious but yeah bad movie unfortunately infact they didn’t need to make a 2nd movie the 1st was great enough.

1 Like