The actual appearence of demons

Feel free to label me a troll, but who here knows what demons look like in their true, unfiltered form, and actually works with them? I’d be willing to bet any of you has seen demons and work with them have only saw them in “a form that mortals can comprehend” and not their true form, and if you knew the ugly truth behind that mask you’d be shitting yourself to the nearest church/RHP organization you could find begging for protection, Just sayin.

1 Like

Are you here to tell us we’re all wrong, repent and believe, or are you here to talk about actual experiences with demonic beings AND to share and be at least moderately supportive of other members exploring the same things?

Allow me to direct you towards this forum’s Rules - which include prohibiting the following types of content:

*Solicitation…Jesus loves you, repent and join Christianity. Again, this will be removed as well as the account

*Preaching dogmas and indoctrinations

Your choice, if you’re here to talk sensibly that’s one thing, if you’re here to preach then this thread will be removed and your membership along with it.

1 Like

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:2, topic:4095”]Are you here to tell us we’re all wrong, repent and believe, or are you here to talk about actual experiences with demonic beings AND to share and be at least moderately supportive of other members exploring the same things?

Allow me to direct you towards this forum’s Rules - which include prohibiting the following types of content:

*Solicitation…Jesus loves you, repent and join Christianity. Again, this will be removed as well as the account

*Preaching dogmas and indoctrinations

Your choice, if you’re here to talk sensibly that’s one thing, if you’re here to preach then this thread will be removed and your membership along with it.[/quote]

I’m not trying to convert anyone, I’m just wondering if anyone knows what a demon looks like, because I do. Its not something that’s easy to live with.

Try to think of an awful manifestation of hate that goes against everything that should be, pure spiritual bile with a face that can only be comprehended in the moment of manifestation, that feels like your soul itself getting violated in the worst possible way. And that’s not even a demon king or something, just some nameless demon that I’m sure was the manifestation of my own spiritual filth/my own inner demon. I’m just wondering of any of you sorcerers and sorceresses actually have any conception of the fire you’re playing with, with all due respect.

You know what a demon looks like to you. Let’s be real clear on that difference - unless of course you have some captured on film, and with independent eye-witness support that you’d like to share?

If you want to talk about how demons looked to you, that’s fine, however please honour the Rules by first posting an introduction here.

3 Likes

I would like to see forum members posting drawings, about how demons looked to them - and of the environments they met those demons.

2 Likes

Honestly if I could draw mine the image could be used as a weapon, it was a visual impossibility, in clear light. Otherworldly in the worst (un)imaginable way. If I could draw it I’d probably cut my hand off and go around burning houses down.

Honestly if I could draw mine the image could be used as a weapon, it was a visual impossibility, in clear light. Otherworldly in the worst (un)imaginable way. If I could draw it I’d probably cut my hand off and go around burning houses down.[/quote]

Hmm makes me want to see that drawing even more :smiley:

Reminder - before you go any further, post an introduction here. I’ll have to start removing your subsequent posts if you ignore that rule, which will be a waste of both our time.

Thank you.

I need to get some of my brother’s drawings- they are amazing renditions of the demons and spirits he’s seen

Humans can be repulsed, angered and shocked by another human with a facial deformity that they’re in no way to blame for, and which has no bearing on the beauty of that person’s soul, so I wonder how accurate the “Miss Universe” approach to assessing demons really is?

Lots of angels are described as looking really weird as well, so it’s not just a feature of the naughty ones to not look like movie star pin-ups. Isn’t it just typical human superficiality to judge spirits by our mammalian standards of what’s appealing?

Balam is the most unusual looking being I’ve seen who was named in the grimoires - he looks to me like a black tree of hissing faces on stalklike necks, and none of those faces are conventionally attractive (< English understatement alert there btw). He’s civil and polite though and has helped me with a couple of things, so I’m not going to judge him on how he chooses to appear.

The worst beings I saw were from working as a healer, BUT some of the nastiest and most dangerous “spirit intrusions” that were making people very ill looked relatively innocuous, often like small humans or coloured shapes.

That made me think that these beings can usually choose how they appear, and that’s something else to factor in before leaping to conclusions about what a spirit will mean in your life based on how they look.

6 Likes

“Demons,” “angels,” and other entities appear humanoid to us because it is human nature to anthropomorphize as a way to relate to, and comprehend, forces that are not human. Do you really think the Eternal is a “Father” as described in the bible? It is simply a convention to help people relate to something so vast, incomprehensible, and unknowable. I’m sure when the alien races elsewhere in the galaxy evoke, the appearance of the spirits appear in a form similar to them. We like to think an angel or demon is humanoid simply because we, as a race, are egocentric. Our expectations affect everything. I doubt anyone, unless you’ve Ascended to the point beyond physical existence and are completely united with the Eternal, has ever seen a demon in its true form as it doesn’t have one. It doesn’t come into existence until it has a mind to interact with.

4 Likes

Most of the demons I work with are actually sentient pieces of myself, so whatever they look like, that’s just what a piece of myself looks like. But yeah the real me is pretty scary, the sum of the parts is greater then the single piece.

One man’s saint is another man’s demon.

That which frightens you, welcomes me.

That which the poor man craves the opulent man abhors.

I sense artifice in you; perhaps you feed your demons that which composes your own soul; thus affecting their extant appearance.

You are what you eat, so stop feeding them bullshit.

3 Likes

He hasn’t brought it up in a long time, but one of the things I agree with Koetting on is that the grimoire spirits that western magicians routinely call demons are not truly demons in the established sense of the word. They aren’t “evil spirits,” but the latest reworking of entities that have been called daemons, elementals, fire spirits, djinn, fay, and many other names. By the modern popular definition, a demon is a purely malevolent entity that only exists for purposes of harm and destruction, and while those entities certainly exist, Goetic and Neoplatonic magic has never been terribly interested in them, because anything purely malevolent would be severely imbalanced and impractical to work with to the point of being useless.
Daemons, later demons, are the microcosmic operators of macrosmic forces. They are the names, faces, and personalities drawn over the forces that create your personal reality, forces which are mirror reflection of the macrocosmic forces represented by “Intelligences,” later called “Angels.” In other words, Demons are designed to give you access to things you don’t normally have conscious control or awareness of.
I do want to add that daemons are “programmed” to play whatever role you assign them, so if you need them to be “sinister” or “evil,” they will do so for a season, and they have a forest of garden paths they will happily lead you down.

2 Likes

This on par with what you’re talking about trypophobia?

…because the entities of my beliefs are a bit more nightmarish than my artwork.

1 Like

[quote=“Tenebrae Aeterna, post:15, topic:4095”]This on par with what you’re talking about trypophobia?

…because the entities of my beliefs are a bit more nightmarish than my artwork.[/quote]

White… is the true color of terror.

Beautiful art dude!

2 Likes

[quote=“Diazin, post:16, topic:4095”]White… is the true color of terror.

Beautiful art dude![/quote]

White, as well as Black, happen to be my two favorite colors for that very reason. Darkness that wears a mask of purity is always the most terrifying.

1 Like

Whow Tenebrae! very cool drawings!

[quote=“Diazin, post:16, topic:4095”][quote=“Tenebrae Aeterna, post:15, topic:4095”]This on par with what you’re talking about trypophobia?

…because the entities of my beliefs are a bit more nightmarish than my artwork.[/quote]

White… is the true color of terror.

Beautiful art dude![/quote]

Kinda reminds me of some stuff I saw last night.

Those drawings are fuckin BADASS!
have you ever tried evoking a spirit using a picture you drew?

I asked Belial to give me mental impressions of what he looked like and I made (what looks like a 2 year old’s doodle) a drawing of what I saw in my mind.

I opened the drawing like I would a sigil and the drawing came to life somewhat.The arms moved and the head moved to face me properly and I was able to communicate with it.

Anyway seeing your an amazing artist I thought I’d throw that out there.