The actual appearence of demons

[quote=“Tenebrae Aeterna, post:15, topic:4095”]This on par with what you’re talking about trypophobia?

…because the entities of my beliefs are a bit more nightmarish than my artwork.[/quote]

Those are awesome <3
Very similar style to my brother’s work, but he likes to use pen and markers

I’m going to get some of his art up here for y’all… He may even be up to joining the forums praying because it would be awesome and y’all would love him

Ani I look forward to seeing your brothers drawings.
As I stated before since you and your bro have artistic abilities itay be a good way to communicate with the spirits that are drawn.

It’s not only a form of devotion but a good form of prepatory immersion.

photo. Peeking frombehind the door

I could careless what whats his face says about what demons look like. This I know- I was 18, super Jesus hero type. With plenty of experiance with demons- One day I was ‘put into a deep nap’ almost immediately found myself in a huge field- and soon hundreds and 1000’s of humanroid on horses- in battle array. Finally came the obvious leader . Typical of ime- it went very shitty. Fast foreward to 4years ago- i was reading Demon descriptions from the Goetia. Damn near fell out of my recliner- it described Abigor- to an absolute exact-- his horse too. How does the song go?
“I wish I knew then what I know now!” My life would be so awesome right now.
I don’t care what they look like- or why. I just care we can all work as One.

4 Likes

This is relevant to what Lady Eva said earlier about angels: [url=http://reddyrabbit.tumblr.com/post/92647115302/what-angels-are-apparently-supposed-to-look-like]http://reddyrabbit.tumblr.com/post/92647115302/what-angels-are-apparently-supposed-to-look-like[/url]

A lot of planetary/egregore type spirits like angels put a lot of effort into their appearance and I think that has some influence on how the magician will approach and make use of their abilities.

Also, while we’re on the subject there are of course in various grimoires references to asking the demon to change its appearance to something more pleasant should that be too distracting for the magician.

I also recall in the Abramelin of Worms grimoire there are squares which make the spirit of your choice take on a certain shape. But whether that means they show up in manifestation only or whether they literally have the spirit possess the chosen animal or human form to then show up in front of you I don’t recall.

There are other strange things out there that I have evoked that just don’t bother to put on makeup before saying hello. :slight_smile:

1 Like

White, as well as Black, happen to be my two favorite colors for that very reason. Darkness that wears a mask of purity is always the most terrifying.
[/quote]

Sounds like a Catholic Priest.

Let us speak of the ugly truth, then… You, sir/madam, are Human – a member of a race that has the potential for infinite good, or infinite evil; potential, in fact, to be FAR more horrific and terrifying than even the worst of the so-called “demons” could ever hope to be. People just like you can and have done things to EACH OTHER that would make most “demons” seem like cuddly puppies by comparison. And then, these regular, everyday people went home to their families and continued on with lives as if nothing happened; as if their horrific actions just minutes or hours before meant less than nothing. If you think “evil” comes from the demons corrupting humans, you are wrong – if anything, it is the other way around.

So, fear not the demons we evoke, for, if anything, it is yourself and the depths of your true potential that should truly terrify you… Because the deepest and most overwhelming darkness imaginable is not to be found in some intangible external force, but instead slumbers within you, the one being in the entire universe you always have to live with and can never escape from…

5 Likes

In a sense, but quite different. In my eyes, what you’re thinking of is gold (maybe blue) wearing a mask of white. Order using the innocence and truly benevolent nature of Light to justify its atrocities.

I haven’t really settled upon a representing color for Order just yet, but I find it to be a very tyrannical aspect, more often than not. It’s oppressive, totalitarian, bigoted, hypocritical and will always fall back on Light to justify its ways.

1 Like

The manifestation of Order in the body is the immune system - the only system whose sole purpose is the killing of other living beings (bacteria, parasites, virally-infected body cells, etc) to protect the corpus.

Hands, teeth, feet, brain - all body parts used to kill prey - also have other uses, including creative. Only the immune system has no purpose except dealing death.

Just a random thought… :slight_smile:

1 Like

[quote=“Tenebrae Aeterna, post:15, topic:4095”]This on par with what you’re talking about trypophobia?

…because the entities of my beliefs are a bit more nightmarish than my artwork.[/quote]

Dude I want these as pets. Soo cute.

Old post, I know, but what I read had me thinking. If the OP was experimenting with all of this with bad expectations and trying to visualize demons as Hollywood-ized horrible ugly creatures, then maybe since they appear to us in the form we can best comprehend, maybe they thought well he has an ugly soul and expects us to be ugly so, let’s give him ugly if that’s what he truly wants. Either that, or maybe the demon knew the OP was not sincere and had a bad attitude from the beginning so he or she decided to manifest in the form of a hideous scary movie-like creature just to mess with them? Like the demon’s way of saying, you wanna toy with what you don’t understand and view something you have yet to experience with such stereotypical ideas, then here, allow me to show you just how scary I can be.

Sounds to me like the demon was making a mockery of the OP on purpose. Because I believe if you treat them with disrespect, they will return the favor. It’s understandable if someone is scared of what the manifestation will look like because they are new to evocation, but the OP’s post seemed intentionally disrespectful. If you are afraid, you can always ask the demon to appear in a more human-like form. They understand that our brains are conditioned to be finite and that we are taught to view certain forms as make believe so upon seeing those forms for real in person, it could be a little intimidating, so I highly doubt they would be offended if you politely told them their appearance was overwhelming because you’re not used to it.

Just my 13 cents for anyone else that reads this and has the same opinions as the OP. Wouldn’t you be offended if someone looked at you and said good god you’re hideously ugly!?

2 Likes

My first reaction would actually be to pull a face, to be even uglier!

You know on a more serious level, it reminds me of the way some people who believe even the simplest things are sins decide to just give up and be total shits since they’re already “damned” - the kind of “might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb” idea, especially if the demon knows the human’s just going to keep bugging it about inane stuff and then treating it with contempt.

If you factor in the idea that as humans we’re at the “top” of the heirarchy, and that we co-create the demon’s form when we bring them into contact with this realm…

Reminds me of this thing I used to do when I was younger, that if someone thought I was stupid, like some boss talking to me like I was five years old, I’d get flustered and actually end up not being able to speak right, or if they treated me like I was smart and hard-working, I’d be so pleased by that I’d live into it, etc.

I think even as an adult, we can sometimes end up falling into the roles other people assign us… lol!!

1 Like

I could easily imagine many demons would have just that sort of sick, twisted idea of humor. But yeah I can see some logical intelligence to that as well. If the person did indeed have a bad attitude and a bunch of silly ideas, why should the spirit be serious? Scare him off and he’d never bother them again.

I am very new to this and so far I can barely comment on what they actually look like to me. I just don’t know yet. I have only ever actually seen clear mental images of two. I am curious about how I will see others as I work with more of them. Way too early I know to say never, but so far so good. Nothing actually horrifying or even too shocking, or incomprehensible.

Ooooh, any plans to do an artist’s rendition of him for the forums one day?

1 Like

I’m not sure I have the skill! :wink: I’ll check in with him and ask if he wants some art, but I have a list of spirits I owe pictures to that I have to work through first.

I’m not sure I have the skill! :wink: I’ll check in with him and ask if he wants some art, but I have a list of spirits I owe pictures to that I have to work through first.[/quote]

Any word back? I, for instance want to become an mangaka (manga artist), my current style is abstract, an entity I work with calls it abstract. I just agreed with him.

I only posted that <2 hours ago, don’t hold your breath - anyway I have a lot of get through ahead of then, and a busy life. :wink:

I know i already replied on this, but it landed in front of me again and- well at least with me he has seriously lots his bet. Wish like all the hell he put a price tag on it as i could use the dough. I was 9 when the first demon came in introduced himself as satan- then shortly shapeshifted from a human to a enormous cobra- and proceded to wreck my night, and several for the next11ish years. Spent 30+ years as a christian seriously RHP priest theologian- dealt with enough demons to know that yea- some are the ‘creatures’ of non humanoid appearance- but they definetly do not have to be the ugly thing and monsterous as he would try to compel everyone to believe. Dealth with my share of Angels- and a God[claimant] or 2; what did all my experiance do? i sure as hell ain’t begging at some RHP altar for safety that is for sure. Ugly? real ugly is threatening someone Eternal Salvation blah blah, if they do not surrender their common sense, humanity , Personal Will and most of all HONOR; in the performance of some lame ass soul destruction or mass bloodletting- or trading ones daughters for sexual trinkets to some Powerbloated prophet claimant.
Whatever you saw- is not the broadbrush reality for all through the universe and or all dimensions- and it is one hell of an insult to come on a forum like this and throw down a gauntlet like that with such piss poor attitude- especially without ‘a better plan program or path.’ We humans in the name of Christ, jewgod apple pie and allah; perform far more UGLY- than the outer visual of a demon could ever be. Guess i am not in my good boy mood- but man reading this tonight really brought out the “who the hell do you think you are?!” in me. hell, I am pretty new to this forum, and no doubt have tapped danced on more than afew toes, but seriously- regardless of where I have been, what I used to be, or what I wanna be- may the ugliest of demons reach down my throat and yank my tounge out balls following if I ever get so arrogantly one up as that. in my life summation- where supposed sentient humans are concerned- few things are as ugly as overdosing on arrogance and starving from humility. how in the hell can you possibly take the totality of your experience and come on a group of total strangers and commence to try and body slam what you clearly thin is their lack of experience? shit I thought I sucked !

1 Like

[quote=“Frater Dark Matter, post:38, topic:4095”]I know i already replied on this, but it landed in front of me again and- well at least with me he has seriously lots his bet. Wish like all the hell he put a price tag on it as i could use the dough. I was 9 when the first demon came in introduced himself as satan- then shortly shapeshifted from a human to a enormous cobra- and proceded to wreck my night, and several for the next11ish years. Spent 30+ years as a christian seriously RHP priest theologian- dealt with enough demons to know that yea- some are the ‘creatures’ of non humanoid appearance- but they definetly do not have to be the ugly thing and monsterous as he would try to compel everyone to believe. Dealth with my share of Angels- and a God[claimant] or 2; what did all my experiance do? i sure as hell ain’t begging at some RHP altar for safety that is for sure. Ugly? real ugly is threatening someone Eternal Salvation blah blah, if they do not surrender their common sense, humanity , Personal Will and most of all HONOR; in the performance of some lame ass soul destruction or mass bloodletting- or trading ones daughters for sexual trinkets to some Powerbloated prophet claimant.
Whatever you saw- is not the broadbrush reality for all through the universe and or all dimensions- and it is one hell of an insult to come on a forum like this and throw down a gauntlet like that with such piss poor attitude- especially without ‘a better plan program or path.’ We humans in the name of Christ, jewgod apple pie and allah; perform far more UGLY- than the outer visual of a demon could ever be. Guess i am not in my good boy mood- but man reading this tonight really brought out the “who the hell do you think you are?!” in me. hell, I am pretty new to this forum, and no doubt have tapped danced on more than afew toes, but seriously- regardless of where I have been, what I used to be, or what I wanna be- may the ugliest of demons reach down my throat and yank my tounge out balls following if I ever get so arrogantly one up as that. in my life summation- where supposed sentient humans are concerned- few things are as ugly as overdosing on arrogance and starving from humility. how in the hell can you possibly take the totality of your experience and come on a group of total strangers and commence to try and body slam what you clearly thin is their lack of experience? shit I thought I sucked !

Any reason ffr him wrecking your night?

To me, it’s just all about respect. Demons may not have the same broad range of emotions that we do, I don’t know as I have not asked (although every creature seems to be capable of anger and contentment to an extent) but feelings or no feelings, anyone would get offended if treated like that. You don’t call upon an entity and ask it to do you favors, call it a bunch of ugly names, and then expect it to still follow through for you. IMO, if demons are capable of changing our futures for the greater, I’d be afraid to piss one off because I wouldn’t wanna get on his/her bad side. Who knows what kind of hell they could put you thru if you anger them.

But I focus more on being greatful for what I am given. Looks are not important. I have heard many people say demons can shape shift but maybe they choose to show their real form because they are too intelligent and preoccupied to be bothered with human concerns like appearance. What’s ugly to us may be beautiful to them. I always try to be respectful. I never bark orders at an entity in a dominating rude or forceful voice and I always thank them for their help.

2 Likes

Im not too experienced in visual contact, but from my experience so far that depends on the magicians own psychological makeup as well as that entities own energy and possibly even the astral forms they have found men to respond to better in certain ways. I saw my Orisha once and she was stunningly beautiful, but nothing at all like the images everyone paints of Her. I also met my Pomba Gira in a dream and that was pretty intense, I initially thought She was Lilith, but obviously She corrected that. Very simar overwhelming presence though, but to keep from wandering off most people I think are a bit surprised to find out that they dont look exatcly the way you expect them too. Also keep in mind that in their real state high power beings like that are beyind forms. Those are just forms they take for us to better u.derstand them. And “demons” “angels” etc are relatively new cincepts man has clothed these things with. The terminology youre employing alone tells me abit about where your understanding is at already, looking at your initial post…

2 Likes