That Moment When 8: Strange days stranger nights

If your luck is bad there’s only 1 way to go from there which is since you can’t get worse then bad luck (cuz all bad luck is bad luck no matter how bad) the only way for your luck to go from bad is for it to get better aka become good (though it may take it’s time turning around).

Do you bake for a living? I love bakers, so much respect and admiration I love almost anything that comes out of an oven! (I can’t cook so maybe that’s part of it…)

2 Likes

Hi @meow
I was in Information Technology for over fifteen years primarily by contracts short term, so I had learned a lot.
But, for eight years now I had no breaks, so I took what I could find.
Right now I work for a hotel as a Dinner Attendant, and then work at a Pancheros restaurant as a Frontline worker.

3 Likes

I wish I could bake. I was not the Home Ec student that dreams are made of in High School.
Lots of girls were in Home Ec and Typing though :slight_smile:

I love to cook, but am not in my own element to do so. I was getting there and life derailed me.
So, as soon as my life has order and foundation again, I will pick back up on my hobbies … drumming, cooking, writing, art.

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve seen your posts about this so the ovens threw me off a little. I’m lucky I’ve always been around technology or I don’t think I would understand it well.

Yea, sometimes tough choices but it seems good you’re putting yourself before a job that isn’t good for you.

I see!

1 Like

TMW you finally get a picture of the squirrels drinking water off of the shed.

I’m saving “Nature” @Angelb1083

5 Likes

@Nightside Here’s how to start baking.

Step 1 buy cake mix

Step 2 make batter as instructed

Step 3 pour in baking dish

Step 4 crank oven knob (or tweak buttons?) to
the correct temperature setting as is
stated on cake mix box.

Step 5 put dish of batter in oven

Step 6 set a timer

Step 7 remove when timer ends and check if.
it’s really done with a toothpick no goo
means it’s done

Now your baking. It’s that easy.

Similar steps for baking meat roasts. Similar steps for baking baked Alaska. Etc etc.

The real trick is not over cooking it if it’s not done when the timer is and you have to leave it in longer.

Add #1:all you require is a stove with an oven a recipe and time.
Edit add #2: baking dishes must be non combustible like metal or oven safe ceramics I’m aware that’s a no brainer but hey who knows who else will read it so figured better state the obvious just in case.

3 Likes

Tmw you put down the edit pencil and admit the forum post bested your best attempts at point forming your entry.

That recipe comment entry so didn’t type up properly. It refused to let me so point forms I give up trying to make it after repeated edit attempts to make it turn out right.

2 Likes

Well, I can use an oven, and very well actually, cooking things right that aren’t in oven presets.
But … if you want a bake sale, I’m not your guy.

I think the thing is is that I can cook for myself, but not for others, maybe related to life experiences resulting in performance anxiety.

1 Like

Tmw you start wondering why your allergy meds haven’t kicked the cough you’ve had today to the curb like they usually do when asthma strikes and you wonder if you need to switch allergy meds.

Add: ever since I grew up my asthma usually takes the form of a cough (if it goes the wheezy sounding route it’s a bad asthma attack if it’s coughs I can make go away it’s a mild one). Anyhow… bbl

1 Like

is wondering when his life will financially triage and stabilize so he can buy some goddamn candles after nearly a half year.

1 Like

tmw you’re considering a healing working but you’re feeling that you should let things run their course for once.

2 Likes

Son: “Hey, Dad, can I have a snack?”

(I was in my ritual space, speaking to spirits for my next grimoire, totally in the zone)

Me: “Where’s your mom? She was on the couch last I saw.”

S: “I can’t find her.”

(I get up, breaking out of my state and communication to check the crockpot. About an hour and a half left)

M: “A small one. Like, a handful of X, not half a bowl”.

(He pours it, wife comes around. She disagrees and then tries to overrule it. She leaves.)

Me: “Grab a large handful of your snack and follow me”

Shazam.

6 Likes

Where was your wife hiding from ya’ll? (I have never ever done this myself….)

2 Likes

That’s stuff my ex used to pull.

1 Like

Then it’s a good thing I’m not him.

No I mean what you wife does.

1 Like

Ah, THAT makes sense. Sorry, Angelbabe. He’s noticed, as he gets older, that when she goes after him for general Life stress, I start a “fight” and slowly escalate it until she’s focussed on me and forgets about him. I then step in to direct how his bedtime will go, even though he knows it.

Thankfully, this is rare.

She started something at dinner, so I took it the wrong way. Sorry, Angel. Night isn’t done yet, bit we know what I’ll do if it comes to it :metal:

3 Likes

tmw drawing cards for tomorrow. Overall theme of the day: Three of swords. What would make this day better: Eight of cups.

7 Likes

Tmw your craving sausage pizza