That Moment When 7: Just Tears in the Rain

Psychopumps are busy these days, unfortunately.

1 Like

i screenshot on my phone the titles so i wont forget, hope i wont lose the screenshot lol

also

i believe so too, at least in beginning, like you said.

1 Like

Lol right, if you do just shoot me a PM. I own the titles so I have no problem resending if the need emerges

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tmw speaking of books, I just remembered I still have 9,000 books at my parents’ house I need to pick up, as well as a 55 gallon wine barrel. Looks like I might need to rent a truck

1 Like

My dream for the longest time has always been to have a house big enough to have a study so I could have a massive library. I read a lot, but sadly, in my move away from home, and my bouts of homelessness, I have lost almost all of my books.

1 Like

I feel you. In total, I had actually around 15,000 but I sold many of the 6,000 I had access to (my parents until recently barred the way to the 9,000) in order to make ends meet. I currently am sitting on about 400 in my personal library, not including my wife’s or my journals. Most of them on non occult topics, such as history, medicine, biographies, and the classics in fiction.

Unfortunately, my wife no longer has her book that was confirmed to have been bounded by human leather.

Note: before anyone freaks out, this was a practice from the 19th century. Nothing modern by any sort of the word

2 Likes

I’m freaking jealous, man :drooling_face:

Lol well, your recommendations show where my library is lacking so it is still a work in progress. Assuming my wife will allow anymore books physically

1 Like

Yeah, as convenient as they are, e-books just don’t have the same effect that a physical book does, because you not only get the information inside it, but also the sense of touch, the sound of the pages, and the smell of the bindings, especially in older books. Man, I’m such a bibliophile lol

4 Likes

Lol I totally get you. But it is difficult to convince your spouse to allow more books with this particular situation: I’ve had to use thick books and 2x4s to build shelves for my books because I ran out of space. Probably going to have donate some to the local library before I can put up much of an arguement on my end lol. I’ll fill every “take a book, leave a book” booth I can find lol

1 Like

Personally, I think that is the best kind of problem to have lol

1 Like

TMW you would rather be reading but its time for 12 hour shift. Now if only my insides stopped feeling like I’m being knifed over and over. :joy:

Also med inventory time :cry: takes forever

1 Like

TMW you try on your e-commerce hat.

You have oils for that. Just saying.

1 Like

TMW the puppy is being a hell hound this morning. I can not even deal with him.

1 Like

Ah, puppy energy?

1 Like

Tmw a poem reminds me of something I told a coworker last night when confessing that they could not shake their own fear of failure.

Me: “Well, when your child makes a mistake with something they have not done before, how do you talk to them?”

Them: “I usually tell them that they did their best. I try to point out something they did well in the situation and then softly suggest a different approach with things they did not do well.”

Me: “Okay, now when you fail at something you have not done before, how do you talk to yourself?”

Them: “I call myself an idiot.”

Me: “Why? In this scenario, you have just enough experience as your child. Why would you call yourself an idiot but not your child?”

Them: “Because it would be too harsh and they would never want to try again.”

Me: “Then perhaps you should try talking to yourself as you would to your child when you fail. Accept it, but there is no need to be too harsh. Try it.”

I keep finding myself in these situations

Ugh, healthier then the carbonated ones I believe (Hope)

They atleast say they are better and that’s good enough for me

1 Like

interesting